+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

ify33

Jul 6, 2022
Just called IRCC. The agent confirmed that they have printed my certificate but not shipped it.

Oath date: August 10
Signed Oath Form Sent: August 10
Ceremony Completed: August 12
File Closed: August 15
Office: SK

Safe to assume that File Closed does not mean certificate shipped.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
My tracker is still in progress oath date august 17th. Called them twice so far they say they don’t see anything. Sent two follow up emails to the processing office to follow up no reply

jansh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
I received my citizenship certificate today, 17 days after the oath ceremony. Oath office was MB and I'm in Cambridge, ON. More details in the signature below.

harleenkaur01

Jul 25, 2022
Just called IRCC. The agent confirmed that they have printed my certificate but not shipped it.

Oath date: August 10
Signed Oath Form Sent: August 10
Ceremony Completed: August 12
File Closed: August 15
Office: SK

Safe to assume that File Closed does not mean certificate shipped.
I have the exact same timeline and the same office and I haven't received the certificate either. I called them too and they told me the same thing that it has been printed but not shipped yet. This is so frustrating that some people get their certificate in a week and here we are waiting for over 2 weeks now.

ify33

Jul 6, 2022
I have the exact same timeline and the same office and I haven't received the certificate either. I called them too and they told me the same thing that it has been printed but not shipped yet. This is so frustrating that some people get their certificate in a week and here we are waiting for over 2 weeks now.
From what I'm hearing, SK mails certificates 3 weeks after oath date so hopefully we'll receive it first week of September. Fingers crossed. Will keep you posted

harleenkaur01

Jul 25, 2022
From what I'm hearing, SK mails certificates 3 weeks after oath date so hopefully we'll receive it first week of September. Fingers crossed. Will keep you posted
Appreciate that. I'll also let you know when I receive it. I really hope we receive it next week.

sukhbuttar

May 13, 2019
I just got connected to IRCC and they confirmed my certificate was mailed out on 26. It’s on way, finger crossed, for detailed info please check in my timeline.

hope got Delivered soon

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Has anyone here got invited to opt in for e-certificate pilot program? I was invited in my test email and I said yes but now it's been almost a month waiting for oath invite. I'm getting worried their pilot program is not ready yet since I haven't seen anyone receiving e-certificate and that is why my application is on pause...

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Has anyone here got invited to opt in for e-certificate pilot program? I was invited in my test email and I said yes but now it's been almost a month waiting for oath invite. I'm getting worried their pilot program is not ready yet since I haven't seen anyone receiving e-certificate and that is why my application is on pause...
I haven't been invited to the pilot program, but I read in a different forum that the invite to the e-certificate pilot program is usually done in the test invite.
However, the oath invite (no matter if printed or e-certificate) is sent a few months later. So I'd say it's very normal what you're experiencing.

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Very Normal. My friend got oath invite after 8 months of test. So just stay back and wait. Nothing to worry about.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Very Normal. My friend got oath invite after 8 months of test. So just stay back and wait. Nothing to worry about.
Well the thing is that my application has been Decision Made.... usually people get invited to Oath ceremony after 2-3 weeks after DM...

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Well I have another friend who has decision made since June 21. So wait.
I am done with waiting
I have a friend who got DM exactly like me (the same office as me) and got oath invite 2 weeks ago... When I call them they say your application has been approved and your citizenship has been granted just need to attend the ceremony!
From my experience IRCC's internal processes is a messed unfair system and waiting is only harmful for your health.

Reactions: trumprefugee