+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Background In Progress

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
So based on this everyone should receive csis clearance for citizenship, so why in our case it take more time? Anyone got csis notes?
the other hypothesis could be that citizenship security check is independent from pr. The four years validity could mean that after security check is done for citizenship application, it will be valid for four years for same application.
I’ve received GCMS note from CIC. Security started end March 2021, in progress still. It also says validity will be till end March 2025.

Reactions: baimmeb

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
I called ircc today to check why it's in still progress as per them I will recieve FP request soon.

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
I called ircc today to check why it's in still progress as per them I will recieve FP request soon.
Hi - I also called them to know what's going on with my BC but the agent said new application tracker has the latest info. Do you see FP request in ur tracker? Otherwise they can see more than what's available in tracker.

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi - I also called them to know what's going on with my BC but the agent said new application tracker has the latest info. Do you see FP request in ur tracker? Otherwise they can see more than what's available in tracker.
Don't see the req in my tracker yet but the agent told me I will recieve the fp req soon when she checked my file.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I suggest we create a tracker for background check. Min has started in Dec and still after 5 months ongoing. No idea what’s happening!! Contacted mp and waiting for an update. Also ordered GCMS notes from IRCC and CSIS

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
I think prolonged BGC is based on 4 years validity of the security clearance. If u apply citizenship right after 3 years of being PR, then there are chances that your security clearance is still valid. If applicant is absent from Canada for more than 6 months after PR then it means his/her security cleance will expire for sure. Now CSIS has to re-do the security clearance not just from within Canada but also from that country where applicant lived more then 6 months (in last 4 or 5 years). On top of this, if the country where applicant lived for 6 months does not share information with Canada, it will be even more delayed because Canada then has to get the security clearance through private agencies of that particular country. Just my thoughtsan I could be wrong as well.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I think prolonged BGC is based on 4 years validity of the security clearance. If u apply citizenship right after 3 years of being PR, then there are chances that your security clearance is still valid. If applicant is absent from Canada for more than 6 months after PR then it means his/her security cleance will expire for sure. Now CSIS has to re-do the security clearance not just from within Canada but also from that country where applicant lived more then 6 months (in last 4 or 5 years). On top of this, if the country where applicant lived for 6 months does not share information with Canada, it will be even more delayed because Canada then has to get the security clearance through private agencies of that particular country. Just my thoughtsan I could be wrong as well.
I have been living in canada around 10 years. No travel in the past 6 years. I got my pr 2 years ago, so I don’t think it’s related to any of those. So if the security was valid for 4 yrs shouldn’t be an issue for me. So, I think your theory is wrong.

Reactions: SNGHL_2013

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
I just called IRCC, call centre agent mentioned, my security has been passed and they are doing criminal checks and eventually, I'll get an FP request.
What's the difference between security and criminal checks?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I just called IRCC, call centre agent mentioned, my security has been passed and they are doing criminal checks and eventually, I'll get an FP request.
What's the difference between security and criminal checks?
When did you apply? Usually criminality process is quick. How long your security took?

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
I applied in the month of Oct 2020 this week they confirm my security has been passed because when I called them the previous week, they say Background checks were in progress including security.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I applied in the month of Oct 2020 this week they confirm my security has been passed because when I called them the previous week, they say Background checks were in progress including security.
Oh, ok you just applied! We are waiting since April