+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Background In Progress

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
As per IRCC, my Security checks are completed long time back, however, RCMP is working since March 8 and at this time no Fingerprint require.
I hope they will complete security checks soon.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Ok got an update. My thought was correct. Criminality is done but security in progress. So people who see in progress for a long time are targeted by in depth screening. Unfortunately this process is long. It’s not clear why I am going through this again while I went through the same in depth screening 2 years ago for my pr application. Very disappointed and I believe this is an abuse. I will consult with a lawyer. I don’t want to wait years.

Reactions: Jamiez04

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Ok got an update. My thought was correct. Criminality is done but security in progress. So people who see in progress for a long time are targeted by in depth screening. Unfortunately this process is long. It’s not clear why I am going through this again while I went through the same in depth screening 2 years ago for my pr application. Very disappointed and I believe this is an abuse. I will consult with a lawyer. I don’t want to wait years.
Sorry to hear this. Usually security is done quicker than criminality. How long have you been waiting for Citizenship?

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
I think prolonged BGC is based on 4 years validity of the security clearance. If u apply citizenship right after 3 years of being PR, then there are chances that your security clearance is still valid. If applicant is absent from Canada for more than 6 months after PR then it means his/her security cleance will expire for sure. Now CSIS has to re-do the security clearance not just from within Canada but also from that country where applicant lived more then 6 months (in last 4 or 5 years). On top of this, if the country where applicant lived for 6 months does not share information with Canada, it will be even more delayed because Canada then has to get the security clearance through private agencies of that particular country. Just my thoughtsan I could be wrong as well.
You seem to be just making up stuff, and some of it---e.g., "it will be even more delayed because Canada then has to get the security clearance through private agencies"---is simply laughable.

Reactions: SNGHL_2013

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Guys I have a question:
Chat does it mean, "Background Verification Completed"? Does it mean, criminality is completed? Does it mean, security screening is completed? Or does it mean both criminality AND security are completed? Can anybody who knows the subject matter give me a clear answer?

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Guys I have a question:
Chat does it mean, "Background Verification Completed"? Does it mean, criminality is completed? Does it mean, security screening is completed? Or does it mean both criminality AND security are completed? Can anybody who knows the subject matter give me a clear answer?
A lot of ppl get confused with this. Background verification is for BOTH. in many cases security takes long time to clear, because it's done by CSIS, CBSA etc.
Criminality is done by RCMP and has a one year validity and gets updated annually and it's very quick gets done online, unless fingerprint was required form the applicant.

In my case Security check took 1.5 year (yes you read right March 2020 - June 2021), during that time I contacted IRCC countless times and they couldn't do anything with my application until Security check is cleared. so if someone stuck with security don't hate on IRCC, they can't process the application with it.

Bottom line if Background in progress it's because either both or one is pending.

hope this clear things.

Reactions: baimmeb