+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Please update my details: Invitation sent on 17 Jan 2018 to write the Citizenship exam on 2 Feb 2018. Thank you.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
At this point, I really empathize with those October applicants still waiting for AOR. It is not easy at all to be in that type of limbo. I hope you all find a way soon.
Thanks, I'm from the limbo of Oct 16th and it's been difficult. I'm usually super optimistic and trusted the system but it's frustrating to get those vague answers from CIC with zero accountability and that feel that there's nothing else to do.

If they would send me in writing that they lost my package I wouldn't have problems to send it again (But I know they won't do that). Then is my responsibility if I send a second application and they start processing the first one then might have extra confusion on their side.

Spaniardo

Jul 7, 2017
I am thinking of reapplying since that's what I was told by IRCC representative over the phone. Any thoughts/samples of what to include in the cover letter? Should I send exact same application or should I update forms and presence calculator with the new dates? What about the question "Have you ever applied for Canadian Citizenship before? I am so confused right now. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
I am thinking of reapplying since that's what I was told by IRCC representative over the phone. Any thoughts/samples of what to include in the cover letter? Should I sends exact same application or should I update forms and presence calculator as of the new dates? What about the question "Have you ever applied for Canadian Citizenship before? I am so confused right now. Thanks in advance!
I haven't thought about the cover letter yet but I will attach to it the previous delivery confirmation, replies from the Webform and maybe the MP answer if I get it by email.

I will send all forms updated with new Physical Calculator as that could only help in any case.

I will answer NO to the question "Have you ever applied for Canadian Citizenship before?" as in their eyes they never received the application in the first place, so they don't have anything in their systems.

Spaniardo

Jul 7, 2017
I haven't thought about the cover letter yet but I will attach to it the previous delivery confirmation, replies from the Webform and maybe the MP answer if I get it by email.

I will send all forms updated with new Physical Calculator as that could only help in any case.

I will answer NO to the question "Have you ever applied for Canadian Citizenship before?" as in their eyes they never received the application in the first place, so they don't have anything in their systems.
Guess I will do the same... Thank you Canven84

I am thinking of reapplying since that's what I was told by IRCC representative over the phone. Any thoughts/samples of what to include in the cover letter? Should I send exact same application or should I update forms and presence calculator with the new dates? What about the question "Have you ever applied for Canadian Citizenship before? I am so confused right now. Thanks in advance!
To the question about your previous application, I will answer "No", if they are processing your second application, that means they actually never received your first one so it does not count.

Your cover letter should be straight to the point, ........ you are reapplying because you have not received any acknowledgement from CIC that they received your application sent on October....... You called the call centre on ..... (DATE) and the agent advised you to send another application as they have not seen your October application. If you have any proof of mailing the previous application, it will be good to attach it to the letter. Leave your contact number for them to call you if they have any question.
Good luck.

At this point, please reapply, I use to advise people to be patient however, I believe even patience has its limit. Good luck.

Reactions: N_Shine

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Spread sheet fact:
More than 800 applications we're send in October 2017.
114 applicants received citizenship test invitations and out of 114 only one application from Mississauga...
What a shame!!!

sunny005

Nov 24, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 1, 2017.
Please include in the spreadsheet.

Thanks..

Bardia_ffff

Dec 19, 2017
Hi Guys
I have some question in regard to my app’ication That I was hoping some one could help , I submitted my application on 31 October got my AOR on 14 dec & in process on 3 Jan .. I just received the letter that my application been gone under a quality assurance review ... they asked me a lot of supporting documents ( finger print, employment letter, travel history , etc )... one of them is an entry/exit record for the countries I have visited .. I got it for my US travels but for my travels back home ( Iran) I can’t collect it since we do not have any embassy in Canada but the records are traceable from my passport stamps ( in & out ) if I provide the copy of these pages would be sufficient ? Or what would be next step I could take .... any one think that I better to get lawyer at this stage ? Thanks for your comments & help

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi Guys
I have some question in regard to my app’ication That I was hoping some one could help , I submitted my application on 31 October got my AOR on 14 dec & in process on 3 Jan .. I just received the letter that my application been gone under a quality assurance review ... they asked me a lot of supporting documents ( finger print, employment letter, travel history , etc )... one of them is an entry/exit record for the countries I have visited .. I got it for my US travels but for my travels back home ( Iran) I can’t collect it since we do not have any embassy in Canada but the records are traceable from my passport stamps ( in & out ) if I provide the copy of these pages would be sufficient ? Or what would be next step I could take .... any one think that I better to get lawyer at this stage ? Thanks for your comments & help
I have posted a detailed response in the thread titled "RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205" where this subject is being discussed in depth.

Perhaps best to read much of the discussion in that thread and if you still have questions, come back and ask.

Probably no need to obtain a lawyer at this stage UNLESS you are aware of a significant flaw or problem in your application, or you realize you submitted significantly erroneous information.

If you received the same requests as others reporting the CIT 0205 PPQ-QAE, it states applicants are "randomly" selected for this. We do not yet know how true that is. There are some signs it is not entirely random. But unless you realize there is a significant flaw in your application, it is probably OK to make a diligent effort to be as responsive to the requests as you reasonably and practically can, including making a reasonable effort to obtain some documents from other government sources (like health care record or travel history from relevant countries which will provide such records) and then wait to see what happens next.

From another topic, another victim:

See discussion in many posts above.

My guess is you received the same collection of requests as others who have received the PPQ-QAE (CIT 0205 plus additional requests), and thus you probably received a consent form allowing IRCC to directly access your U.S. Travel History from the U.S. If so, if you also got this consent form for the U.S., sign and submit that, no need to submit a travel history from the U.S. UNLESS there is a specific request for the U.S. travel history.

As discussed above, the applicant needs to make a concerted, diligent effort to submit what he or she can. But of course applicants cannot submit what they do not have and cannot REASONABLY obtain. I am not familiar with what it would take to obtain a record of movement from Iran, or whether one can be obtained at all. But, if it is not possible to obtain one through a reasonable effort IN CANADA, the applicant can and should explain that. IRCC knows what it takes to obtain Travel History or Record of Movement from other countries. So as long as your explanation is truthful, that it is true you cannot reasonably obtain the record IN CANADA, that should suffice. Obviously, while an applicant may be obligated to diligently make a genuine request for documents from other government bodies, including foreign governments, an applicant cannot reasonably be obligated to travel abroad for that purpose and almost certainly would not be expected to do that. But, again, IRCC is acquainted with how individuals can obtain such records, if they can be obtained.

Beyond that, perhaps read much of the discussion in previous posts and if you still have questions, come back and ask.

And if you could provide some detail, at least in confirming or not confirming you received what most others are reporting they received with the CIT 0205 PPQ-QAE, that would help the forum advance its understanding of this profoundly intrusive and inconvenient process.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...