+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost application -- CIC confirmed, have to reapply

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Frustrating experience. Like many other october applicants, did not receive AOR so followed up with IRCC via my MP. My MP called back to say that while the receipt record (from courier) is there CIC now confirms they do not have the file in their posession and cannot find it. I will reapply. Should have reapplied a while ago. Very annoying.

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
So sorry to hear that. My app was received on 25 Oct and I haven't received AOR either.

Would CIC maintain your spot in the queue by giving you priority since you have lost approximately three months?

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
My application was received by the sydney processing center on oct 16th. Still no AOR. I called the helpline couple of days ago and was told to reapply; there is nothing in their system. They said my application was probably deemed to be incomplete and was sent back but was lost on its way back to me. Yeah. Right. I think CIC lost bunch October applications and don't want to admit it. I will be reapplying again. I recommend if you don't have AOR and you are October applicant reapply as CIC I was told they are processing end of November application right now.

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wow. That is the peak of incompetence. How can that even happen???? That is the nightmare scenario that I always have been afraid of. Sorry to hear it happened to you, guys. :( Hope mine isn't lost, I applied in December. Do they even refund??? Do you have to pay again? Or can send the same barcode printout?

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
As nothing is entered into the system, it's as if they never received your application so I was told to just use my previous receipt of payment and reapply. Well... it's good that I didn't keep waiting until like February or March hoping that i will get my AOR. If any of you do have to reapply, make sure you write a cover letter, and try to call the helpline as I am hoping that they do keep a record of the phone conversations.

jay7777

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 8/1/14
Frustrating experience. Like many other october applicants, did not receive AOR so followed up with IRCC via my MP. My MP called back to say that while the receipt record (from courier) is there CIC now confirms they do not have the file in their posession and cannot find it. I will reapply. Should have reapplied a while ago. Very annoying.
I am not sure the MP could get any further that you could on a phone call. Sounds like the information they get is the same line they give us when we call.

I think it is a lack competence due to the fact these government workers have the "it's not my job" philosophy which is derived from having union workers. Government is also know to have a f*** up and move promotion system where the most incompetent workers move up because they get great reviews in their current department so that the next hiring manager will hire them and take them away.

My question is why on earth would they not track the applications returned other than to use it as a fall back excuse for losing their application?

They lost my application as well. Funny, I was told it was returned to me as well for being incomplete, because it is not in their system. So it was sent back to me and must have been lost in the mail since I never got it back. What really makes me mad is that I can see there are still applications trickling in and getting added to the tracking spreadsheet for OCT applications. So they must be somewhere sitting on someones desk. Unfortunately, I do not believe with the organizational structure that there is anybody that can make it happen to find the missing applications as there is no union agreement to look for missing applications which falls back to it is not my job. 20% of people get 80% of the work complete and unfortunately it sounds like our applications are being worked on someone in the 80% of the workers that get 20% of the work done, and ours are at lowest end of the spectrum of 80% of the workers. Although these workers will not ever be identified as a problem due to the fact they were most likely hired from a quota based hiring system and the government would fear a lawsuit stating they are being discriminated against for the exact reason they were hired.

jay7777

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 8/1/14
Oh, so you are also one week behind me. Well, you may want to check with your MP also.
What is the point of having the MP check into this? What are they able to do that you can do for yourself. Calling the number and getting the same response as they tell everyone else? It is clear from the spreadsheet they are still processing the applications from October. There were 4 applications on the tracking spreadsheet that have an AOR this week one of those was even yesterday. It is proof they have not lost the applications. Sounds like the MP did you an injustice to me. Instead of pushing to make the unopened application from OCT a priority sounds like they just called and they were told nope we looked it is not is our system and because we are working on November and December applications we must have sent it back to you. However that is a bad assumption as we can clearly see on the tracking spreadsheet they are in fact still processing applications from October. The fact is your MP is not will to push to get them find it or they do not have the ability to make them look for your application and make it a priority.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015

IRCC replied same to my MP, but when i told my MP that it was indeed delivered at the IRCC office, he contacted IRCC again, with the tracking number. 5 days later he received the reply from IRCC that they can confirm that they received it on 27th October. I got my AOR 2 days later.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I after 100 days of waiting I got my AOR this morning! No mater what you guys do to expedite the AOR process, it would not help. It would come by itself when they would pick up your application.

jay7777

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 8/1/14
Finally got my AOR. I knew it was a waste to resubmit a new application.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Its very unfortunate that some people from October batch are still pending. But looking at the spreadsheet, there are have been a bunch of people that have received AORs this week. So I do not believe call centre agents that say applications lost because some members have received AORs right after getting info from agent to reapply.

Regarding MPs getting information of applications lost, even thats BS as reported above. MPs dont care for your application and just want to assure you but most importantly get you off their back.Next election is in Oct 2019, so for them theres ample time. If it was Oct 2018, maybe they would have done something to get you in the voting list.

All the best to the people who are still waiting.