+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

m_az

Nov 18, 2017
Anyone has any idea or guesses what processes are performed by cic between DM and oath letter. Just wondering what all these months are required for.

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone has any idea or guesses what processes are performed by cic between DM and oath letter. Just wondering what all these months are required for.
What makes you think they are performing any process ?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
How many applications do you think were in the queue before yours made it there? Divide that by the number of oaths the office does in a week. That'll give you a general idea...

Maro-miri

Apr 22, 2018
Hey everyone
I am a November2017 applicant in Montreal , did my exam April17 , got decision made May 3 , but still has nothing for Oath .
Did any November applicant who are in Montreal got an invitation for the Oath ceremony ?
Please let me know .

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
raj I noticed ur file says single, didn't you sponsor both ur folks

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Hey everyone
I am a November2017 applicant in Montreal , did my exam April17 , got decision made May 3 , but still has nothing for Oath .
Did any November applicant who are in Montreal got an invitation for the Oath ceremony ?
Please let me know .
Based on the spreadsheet, at least 10 people who applied in November have already received the invitation for the oath, but they all took the exam and got their decision in March. So your timeline looks good.

Reactions: Maro-miri

Maro-miri

Apr 22, 2018
Based on the spreadsheet, at least 10 people who applied in November have already received the invitation for the oath, but they all took the exam and got their decision in March. So your timeline looks good.
Thank you that helped :)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Consistent with what others have observed: The overwhelming bulk of time is time spent in queue.

While most stores have made a concerted effort to minimize the amount of time shoppers stand in line waiting to go through the check out, sometimes shoppers will have to stand in line. If there are three or four people in line in front of the shopper, the time spent in line is longer than it takes to go through the checking out process.

Waiting for IRCC to process a citizenship application is a lot like standing in line at the store, except for any given local office there is only one or four check out clerks and the line has HUNDREDS of applicants in it.

Back in the store line analogy, so you wait your turn and when you finally get to the check out clerk the clerk notices there is something you have which needs to be handled by a different person, so your purchases are not checked but rather you are sent to a completely new line . . . and you have to wait in that line until that particular thing is resolved and they send you back to the check out line again, and you wait in that line again . . .

From start to finish, for the routinely processed application the total amount of time all IRCC personnel spend on the individual applicant's case probably totals NO MORE than a couple or four hours. Total. Just a few hours TOTAL actual processing time.

In between each step, the file sits in a queue waiting for the next action to be taken. The queue between IP and the test/interview, for example, will often be three to six or eight months, or more, the file just sitting there waiting for a processing agent to review it and schedule the test.

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Hey everyone
Please let me know .
yes, application sent october 22, test 15 feb, decision made in the same day, and oath in 15 may, goodluck

Reactions: Maro-miri