+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

ciuvak

Mar 3, 2010
Does anyone know what happens with the application fee if the application is missing information and is returned? Is the fee still valid and can be re-attached to a new application that has all the required details filled in?

Reactions: ibry

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's based on days of valid residency. The only concern would be someone trying to apply yesterday who only had 1094 days of residency. If they had1095 days, they would be fine. This is why using the calculator correctly is important. Anyone who has 1095 or more would have been totally fine yesterday.
Fingers crossed! I am not an expert I am just conveying what the form says and using common sense!

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
No, you get the worker status since you first got your work permit until you became a permanent resident of Canada regardless of how many extensions you you applied for. Unless you transferred from a Work Permit to a Study Permit, you do not have to enter the so many times you had to renew your work permit. Hope this helps!
I'm in a similar situation and was wondering if your suggestion holds good for only physical presence calculator or can it be used for form CIT0002E section 9b too? Can I just put my work permit start date till the date I became PR irrespective of having many work permits renewal and implied status in between?

Thanks

Al-Rose

Feb 27, 2010
As per calculator my eligibility period is from 12 Oct 2012 to 12 Oct 2017..it is almost 6 months before my permanent residence date. I mentioned my two absences outside canada since I became premnant resident..but it says list all ur absences from canada between ur eligibility period so do I have to mention those 6 months also under absence from canada even when

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in a similar situation and was wondering if your suggestion holds good for only physical presence calculator or can it be used for form CIT0002E section 9b too? Can I just put my work permit start date till the date I became PR irrespective of having many work permits renewal and implied status in between?

Thanks
I did so for both. It is obvious and at the end of the help button in that section it says: Tell us exactly what status you held, the date the status was granted and the date your status ended. So, you have to write the date you got your first work/study permit and the date you became a PR as the end date. Unless you had a study permit in between, your status in Canada never changed so you were a worker regardless of how many extensions you applied for.

Reactions: KK82

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is anyone having problems with calculation in physical presence calculator? I was gone for 7 days and it calculates only 3 days

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I did. The checklist is dated 10-2017, there is no PR card photocopy or landing paper copy. Just wondering if they are removed...
Please be careful when you read the checklist. In the checklist it is stated.
"Photocopy of personal identification, it must have your name, photo, and date of birth on it. if there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides. See Step 3 Gather your documents of the instruction guide for more information.

When you look at the instruction guide it ask you to provide one of the following;
- photocopies of one of your immigration documents:
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
  • Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
  • Verification of Status document

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi guys,
I have a question :
for CIT 0002E- Question 12b), Tell us when you filed your income tax in the last five years. I landed in April 2014. What years should I fill ?
I am thinking to put in 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016. I will tick not required for years 2012, 2013. And required to filed for 2014,2015,2016. As I filed for those years? Is it correct? if anyone can advise me on that.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I have a questions :
for CIT 0002E- Question 12b), Tell us when you filed your income tax in the last five years. I landed in April 2014. What years should I fill ?
I am thinking to put in 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016. I will tick not required for years 2012, 2013. And required to filed for 2014,2015,2016. As I filed for those years? Is it correct? if anyone can advise me on that.
Goto your CRA account and you will see all taxable years. If you landed in 2014 and filed your taxes in 2014, it should have been for 2013 taxable year. But go to your CRA account and it will tell you.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is anyone having problems with calculation in physical presence calculator? I was gone for 7 days and it calculates only 3 days
if it was before you became a PR, your count is half and the departure date doesn't count.

Al-Rose

Feb 27, 2010
As per calculator my eligibility period is from 12 Oct 2012 to 12 Oct 2017..it is almost 6 months before my permanent residence date. I mentioned my two absences outside canada since I became premnant resident..but it says list all ur absences from canada between ur eligibility period so do I have to mention those 6 months also under absence from canada even before becoming PR and coming to canada

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please be careful when you read the checklist. In the checklist it is stated.
"Photocopy of personal identification, it must have your name, photo, and date of birth on it. if there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides. See Step 3 Gather your documents of the instruction guide for more information.

When you look at the instruction guide it ask you to provide one of the following;
- photocopies of one of your immigration documents:
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
  • Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
  • Verification of Status document
Yes I noticed this too and it is very confusing, I sent my CoPR, PR Card and Health Card (Copies). Do not send only the CoPR as it doesn't have your photo on it.

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Guys, please help me:
How can I enter the Restoration period of two months between my work permits in the physical presence calculator??? Thanks.

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
I did so for both. It is obvious and at the end of the help button in that section it says: Tell us exactly what status you held, the date the status was granted and the date your status ended. So, you have to write the date you got your first work/study permit and the date you became a PR as the end date. Unless you had a study permit in between, your status in Canada never changed so you were a worker regardless of how many extensions you applied for.
Thank you very much.

Do I have to mention any vacation (address) I took during my eligibility period in section 10. a)?

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
I am unable to print the filled application form CIT0002E. Anyone else had the same issue and how you managed to resolve it?