+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is incorrect - you do not need to be eligible under the old regulations at all.
Any proof of that? I am just following strictly what the form says at the end, right before the signature panel. The residence calculator is not linked to when the new regulations became effective. I hope I am wrong and nobody gets their application rejected.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The form does not say you need to be eligible under old regulations! What you're saying is crazy. Don't make things up!

I'm not the one who needs proof - you are. I suggest you refer to the updated CIT app guidance - which explains how the officers will assess the applications.

Follow the residency calculator and it'll tell people whether they can apply.

mithdmaher

Oct 11, 2017
please, about question 6. " list all names that you have used".
if we don't have any other names. we leave it empty this question?

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Is it ok to wait, personally I think I might wait a week, even though I am well over 1095 days (+200),
I am just not sure about Questions 10 a and 11, and I do see there are payment glitches, would it be wise to wait and let the dust settle and then apply what do you guys think

Reactions: ibry and mithdmaher

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well it asks you to list all names that you've used. So it's technically asking you to re-write your name. You can assume it's asking for only other names you haven't mentioned. Or you can re-write your name again to be on the safe side ;)

Reactions: mithdmaher

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Any proof of that? I am just following strictly what the form says at the end, right before the signature panel. The residence calculator is not linked to when the new regulations became effective. I hope I am wrong and nobody gets their application rejected.
Just the last time:

On October 11th, 2017 new residency laws came into effect. A day before i.e. October 10th will be looked at from the eye of new laws in effect. So yes, if you meet new residency requirement on October 10th, 2017 you are eligible.

If a person is not eligible day before they sign the application the Calculator must have mentioned that, which it did not. So, no worries, all applications send on October 11th are perfectly fine.

Please people no more arguments over sending application on October 11th vs 12th, as we have the calculator to find it for us and today is 12th anyway! :)

Reactions: torontoguy87

arax30th

Nov 26, 2012
Well it asks you to list all names that you've used. So it's technically asking you to re-write your name. You can assume it's asking for only other names you haven't mentioned. Or you can re-write your name again to be on the safe side ;)
If you click help on the form, it reads "... if you have ever used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart..." so I assume you can leave it empty.

Reactions: jsm0085

xxpazaway1985

Oct 3, 2017
Just a heads up:

If you signed your application on October 11th, make sure you were eligible to apply for Citizenship on October 10th (Under the old regulations). At the end of the form it clearly says: You must be eligible to apply for citizenship the day before you sign your application. Sooooooooooo BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmmm I am confuse now, i looked back at my application too, what is the meaning of BEFORE there? does it mean Prior of signing the documents or the was referring the date? Anyways I signed my document today 12th

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

If you click on the HELP button it says: If you have ever used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart.

That being said, if the name you entered in the top part of the form never changed in your life, I would leave the chart in blank.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you click on the HELP button it says: If you have ever used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart.

That being said, if the name you entered in the top part of the form never changed in your life, I would leave the chart in blank.

Reactions: mithdmaher

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmmmmm I am confuse now, i looked back at my application too, what is the meaning of BEFORE there? does it mean Prior of signing the documents or the was referring the date? Anyways I signed my document today 12th
I signed my docs today too just to be safe. After sooo many rejections while applying for PR I became extremely meticulous when dealing with CIC.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I signed my docs today too just to be safe. After sooo many rejections while applying for PR I became extremely meticulous when dealing with CIC.
It's based on days of valid residency. The only concern would be someone trying to apply yesterday who only had 1094 days of residency. If they had1095 days, they would be fine. This is why using the calculator correctly is important. Anyone who has 1095 or more would have been totally fine yesterday.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it ok to wait, personally I think I might wait a week, even though I am well over 1095 days (+200),
I am just not sure about Questions 10 a and 11, and I do see there are payment glitches, would it be wise to wait and let the dust settle and then apply what do you guys think
Wait if you feel unsure, there are only a few citizenship ceremonies/tests throughout the year. If you send your application within two weeks from now you may easily attend to the same ceremony of applicants from October 12th.

Though I understand many people became desperate and meticulous after dealing with PR applications, but now please take it easy, you are already a Canadian.