+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Niloos

Oct 12, 2017
I haven't. I think spyfy replied to this very well. Simply ask yourself: Did you live there as a worker, student, etc. or you just traveled for pleasure?
Hi Guys.
I also have the same question about 9.c, In the past five years, I went to trips each for a duration of one month to visit my relatives.
I also went to some short trips (2 times upto 4 days) to attend some conferences. Do I need to chose "yes" for the question which said during the eligibility period I live outside canada and submit the cit 0177?
Also, for question 10.a should I mention the addresses in which I lived during that time?
thanks for your help.

Niloos

Oct 12, 2017
One more question, for my signature do I have to type my full name.
or just sign it with my actual signature using pen after printing the application form?

NNL

Nov 5, 2012
You go to the US and turn around at the border...

To answer the question, I have included it. If you pull your CBSA record and CBP record, they appear in the list of entries, so I think it makes sense to list it.
The only remaining question is -- we technically haven't entered US either during the flag poll, so adding a destination as "United States" is technically not true. Will include it though just in case.

immigrant024

Jul 17, 2014
For those who could not receive their receipt of payment:

They are now available online in your account and click on "view all receipts"

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/viewallreceipts.do

Cheers

Does anyone with a failed receipt issue have any updates? I made two tries with two cards and both failed, no email or receipt yet. If they both eventually go through I have to find a way to get one of them back!!

hmirzaei

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Guys please help:

Is it OK to put a USA address for the home address in the form; and a Canadian address (a friend) for mailing purpose?

Is there need to explain in an extra letter that I intend to live in Canada eventually? What is the best strategy in this situation?

Thanks,

Preetinder86

Oct 12, 2017
Hi Guys.
I also have the same question about 9.c, In the past five years, I went to trips each for a duration of one month to visit my relatives.
I also went to some short trips (2 times upto 4 days) to attend some conferences. Do I need to chose "yes" for the question which said during the eligibility period I live outside canada and submit the cit 0177?
Also, for question 10.a should I mention the addresses in which I lived during that time?
thanks for your help.
Mark no to 9(c) and attach letter of explanation.

Preetinder86

Oct 12, 2017
I just spent 12 hours negotiating the timeouts. I sometimes spent 3 or 4 attempts re-entering an absence record. When it timed out, I would ctrl-R reload the page. Sometimes the data input would get resent. Sometimes now and I'd have to re-enter. Brute force and persistence is the only means I found that successfully completes the data entry. It just takes a VERY long time reloading the page and re-entering the data. But eventually, it all got in there. For all four of us. about 50 absences x 4 people.
Use safari browser to make payments and opening calculator . It sound weird but worked for many friends of mine today .

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Good day

Right now , my application for pr renewal is under secondary review . Can i apply for citezenship as my time is complete as per new requirements .

xxpazaway1985

Oct 3, 2017
Hi Guys.
thanks for your help.
I mark no in my application, for my understanding it is only for yes if you live more than 183 days outside the country.

xxpazaway1985

Oct 3, 2017
I mark no in my application, for my understanding it is only for yes if you live more than 183 days outside the country.
Hi Guys.
thanks for your help.
I think it is for police certificate purpose. so I mark no but double check with the quide and the help button. as far as I know you have to choose yes if you live for 183 days or more.

xxpazaway1985

Oct 3, 2017
Good day

Right now , my application for pr renewal is under secondary review . Can i apply for citezenship as my time is complete as per new requirements .
if it says you are eligible under new physical calculator then you can apply even if your PR is expired or your application for pr renewal is on process.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Regarding the work history question, specifically, "Where were you physically located":

I work for a consulting company, which provides services for its clients.

Should I mention the location of my client where I was physically present or the location of my employer?

To be frank, this question is ridiculous. If were working for multiple clients during this period, its literally impossible for me to remember the exact months when I was working for each client.

xxpazaway1985

Oct 3, 2017
For question 9(c), what are you guys selecting, YES or NO?

9 (c) YES If you resided outside of Canada because either:

• you
  • your Canadian citizen or permanent resident spouse or common law partner
  • permanent resident parent
was employed outside Canada (not as a locally engaged person) in or with:

• the Canadian Armed Forces
  • the federal public administration
  • the public service of a province or territory

Reactions: torontoguy87