+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
i have given interview few days ago, and i'm positive about the job .
so for getting sinp invitation i need to have cips isp certification as the job belongs to regulated occupation .
so kindly help me to clear my confusion about minimum experience for cips certification .
It would help if would let us know how u managed to get job offer

brijen_shah

Sep 15, 2018
i don't know much about sinp job offer category. I applied for occupation in demand category for noc 2173 and received an invitation without cips certification even though it is a regulated occupation.
oh ! glad to know that.. thanks a lot for your help..

akgupta1404

Sep 22, 2018
I fall under category "EstablishedITProfessionals" and i confirmed with them as well.

I have no degree in I.T but working in the sector since last 6 years.

1) my question is i've downloaded the application but detail in the application is quite generic, can someone help me to fill the application or do any one has experience to fill it? I can surely put my knowledge and learning process during my professional experience however, look like they want some specific detail into it.

2) Do this certification add 50 points to my CRS under "Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body" :

Please try to answer 2nd question if you can't answer the first.

Hi Jigesh, did you ever get response for 2nd question?, can you please email or text on +1-203-918-8291 or akgupta1404@gmail.com

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hello Senior members,

I'm applying for CIPS (Education plus experience Route). Do I need to pay for CIPS membership (CAD 195) and exam review (250) separately?

suren44

May 12, 2018
No, you don't have to submit any other certificate apart from CIPS
Hi @kotvir , @nsbhullar ,

My situation is same, and I'm still not sure what you assumed is right. As I heard that the SINP blindly asks for the APEGS should the see the Engineering keyword in degree. I hold major in Computer Science and Engineering, on the bachelor degree, title is Computer Engineering and on the Master's, it's Computer Science and Engineering. Not sure whether APEGS is required or not.

mojacko

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

I have 6 yrs experience as a business analyst and completed my MBA . Will i be eligible to get this ITCP (Information Technology Certified Professional) Designation . Please can somebody guide me ?

pentux

Jul 6, 2018
I am also looking into getting certified as a ITCP but not sure whether what I have filled is correct.

pg20

Jun 10, 2016
I have applied for SINP with NOC 2175 - Web Developer. My profile is on hold as license is required for this job code.
I have total 11 years of experience in Java development and web developer role. I have done MCA from india and completed ECA from WES.
I have reference letter from all the employers.
Can you please let me know which certificate I should go with that is approved by SINP for this job code.

Santosh540

Dec 20, 2017
I have applied for SINP with NOC 2175 - Web Developer. My profile is on hold as license is required for this job code.
I have total 11 years of experience in Java development and web developer role. I have done MCA from india and completed ECA from WES.
Can you please let me know which certificate I should go with that is approved by SINP for this job code.
When did you receive invitation ?. Is it in the month of August ?.

sitaram_16

Nov 6, 2018
Please send an email to both CIPS and APEGS on their email id available on respective sites.
I have read in this forum that if the word 'Engineering' is present in Bachelors degree, SINP blindly asks for APEGS.
CIPS generally responds faster and will advise you on the path that you can take.
In the email you will send to both CIPS and APEGS, mention complete details of Bachelors,Masters, Work Experience.

Hope this helps.

sitaram_16

Nov 6, 2018
Hi All,

I am applying for IQAS specialized assessment, for CIPS licensing.
Received SINP PNP Invite to submit application(NOC2173), in August, and already applied as well on October 10th.
Did my ECA from IQAS.
While creating application online it is asking to submit Transcripts as well.
Have below questions.

Do I need to submit transcripts again?
CIPS institution is not available in Organization list in application, gave under 'Other Institution', is that fine?
How do we inform IQAS to send the report to CIPS?

I will be calling them Monday to try and get this info.
However, I would appreciate any help as this thread seems to have all the information and people here are really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate your help.

--Kiran

Santosh540

Dec 20, 2017
Hi All,

I am applying for IQAS specialized assessment, for CIPS licensing.
Received SINP PNP Invite to submit application(NOC2173), in August, and already applied as well on October 10th.
Did my ECA from IQAS.
While creating application online it is asking to submit Transcripts as well.
Have below questions.

Do I need to submit transcripts again?
CIPS institution is not available in Organization list in application, gave under 'Other Institution', is that fine?
How do we inform IQAS to send the report to CIPS?

I will be calling them Monday to try and get this info.
However, I would appreciate any help as this thread seems to have all the information and people here are really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate your help.

--Kiran
I think there is no need to send transcripts again. I had done my course by course assessment through WES. I didn't send any transcripts even though online portal says to do so. Better confirm with IQAS once.

Have you applied for CIPS certification?

sitaram_16

Nov 6, 2018
I think there is no need to send transcripts again. I had done my course by course assessment through WES. I didn't send any transcripts even though online portal says to do so. Better confirm with IQAS once.

Have you applied for CIPS certification?
Yes I did.