Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
I am also in the same boat. I have completed my BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering and have 10+ years of IT experience (2173). Looks like from other threads, SINP is asking for APEGS license even if CIPS license is acquired. So, should I go for only APEGS licenses instead of ISP/ITCP?

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
Please refer below reply only computer/IT.

Hi
Perhaps you should first check with the SINP office as they may require you to apply to the Engineering Society in Saskatchewan. With your Engineering degree they will consider you an Engineer.

To apply to CIPS under the Education Plus Experience route you will need a minimum of 8 computer science courses in your degrees.

Mary Jean

------------------------

Mary Jean Kucerak / Chief Operating Officer
CIPS I Canada’s Association of IT Professionals
www.cips.ca 905-602-1370 Ext 1

From: Neelaish Srivastava [mailto:neelaish2004@gmail.com]
Sent: August 3, 2018 9:09 AM
To: Mary Jean Kucerak; info@cips.ca
Subject: Re: Regarding Licence requirement for Software Engineer 2173

Thank You Mary,

I have cleared Ethic Exam and applying for Certificate.

I came to know To be eligible for the SINP OID and EE sub-categories, I do not required I.S.P. designation under the Established IT Professional route rather I need to apply below:

Can You please confirm should I apply for Education plus Experience Route Application with CIPS and my education is in Electrical Engineering?

Thank You so much!

Neelaish
Does that mean chemical engineering degree guys need to apply only for APEGS even though NOC is 2173 ? No Need to take CIPS license ?

Regards
Sumit

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
I am also in the same boat. I have completed my BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering and have 10+ years of IT experience (2173). Looks like from other threads, SINP is asking for APEGS license even if CIPS license is acquired. So, should I go for only APEGS licenses instead of ISP/ITCP?
yes i think same go for APEGS licenses

Dheeraj K

Jul 20, 2018
I am calling at CIPS on below mentioned numbers but its going to automated message
Telephone: (905) 602-1370
Toll Free: 1-877-ASK-CIPS (275-2477)
Do we know whats their office timings as I was trying at 9:00 am onwards of Ontario which is where their office is located.
I have sent my docs for certification 2 days back but didn't get any acknowledgment or tracking number.
Please let me know if anyone has idea on same.
Already dropped couple of mails but to no avail up to now.

jorainemae

Sep 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am a web developer with 7 years experience and bachelors degree in Computer Science.
Today I checked the On-Demand Occupation List and saw that the NOC code 2175 is not included anymore. Does this mean that Web Developers (IT Professionals) are not qualified anymore for the "International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand" stream?
Please let me know your thoughts on this.
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

brijen_shah

Sep 15, 2018
hello , I wanted to know is there anyone who can help me to know how many years actual experience is required .
I have 4 years of experience and my university was Gujarat university which was 3 years degree program.
i have seen in education + experience route that non- Accredited degree holder should have 5 years of experience and Accredited only need 3.
So am i eligible to apply or not ?
and i have asked recommendation from cips , they said i should go with isp , but i'm confused about minimum experience needed.
kindly help to clear my confusion .
my noc code - 2174 - computer programmer and interactive media developers
kindly help me , i have urgency..
thank you

Santosh540

Dec 20, 2017
hello , I wanted to know is there anyone who can help me to know how many years actual experience is required .
I have 4 years of experience and my university was Gujarat university which was 3 years degree program.
i have seen in education + experience route that non- Accredited degree holder should have 5 years of experience and Accredited only need 3.
So am i eligible to apply or not ?
and i have asked recommendation from cips , they said i should go with isp , but i'm confused about minimum experience needed.
kindly help to clear my confusion .
my noc code - 2174 - computer programmer and interactive media developers
kindly help me , i have urgency..
thank you
NOC 2174 is no longer occupation in demand. Have u got invitation from sinp?

brijen_shah

Sep 15, 2018
NOC 2174 is no longer occupation in demand. Have u got invitation from sinp?
i have given interview few days ago, and i'm positive about the job .
so for getting sinp invitation i need to have cips isp certification as the job belongs to regulated occupation .
so kindly help me to clear my confusion about minimum experience for cips certification .

Santosh540

Dec 20, 2017
For sinp invitation, cips certification is not required. U can apply for both cips and expression of interest. U will be given one year time for cips certificate. R u taking education plus experience route for cips?

brijen_shah

Sep 15, 2018
For sinp invitation, cips certification is not required. U can apply for both cips and expression of interest. U will be given one year time for cips certificate. R u taking education plus experience route for cips?
yes i'm taking education plus experience route for cips.

oh so do you mean i won't need to submit cips certification immediately for sinp invitation ??
i thought only after submission of certification ,i'll get sinp invitation.

as my occupation is regulated , i know its mandatory to submit certificate , but doesnt know when ..
will i get sinp invitation without prior application to cips isp certification , if i'm having job offer letter ?

santosh kindly help me out from this confusion ..

sandipu

Sep 5, 2018
Anybody have any example of reference documents required for certification which we need to obtain from employer or client? Please share if anyone have.

Santosh540

Dec 20, 2017
yes i'm taking education plus experience route for cips.

oh so do you mean i won't need to submit cips certification immediately for sinp invitation ??
i thought only after submission of certification ,i'll get sinp invitation.

as my occupation is regulated , i know its mandatory to submit certificate , but doesnt know when ..
will i get sinp invitation without prior application to cips isp certification , if i'm having job offer letter ?

santosh kindly help me out from this confusion ..
i don't know much about sinp job offer category. I applied for occupation in demand category for noc 2173 and received an invitation without cips certification even though it is a regulated occupation.

sandipu

Sep 5, 2018
i don't know much about sinp job offer category. I applied for occupation in demand category for noc 2173 and received an invitation without cips certification even though it is a regulated occupation.
How much IELTS score do you have and when did you get the invitation?