+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

virenptl30

Jan 1, 2018
I have submitted SINP Express Entry application on 13 June 2018. My CIPS certification is in progress and its submitted on 27 March.

One thing I want to know that, will SINP wait for my CIPS certificate to start reviewing my application or they will start reviewing my application without cips certificate ?

SINP already updated me that they will wait till 1 year for the CIPS only so, I have attached cips membership receipt in SINP application and submitted the application. I will send them once I received the certificate later.

Thanks.

Did you get report ¿
If yes can you tell me how Long it took roughly.

anubhuti2710

Aug 22, 2017
Hi All,
I am in process of applying for the CIPS license and fall under education plus experience category. While filling the form,Section : employment details ask for the responsibilities and the corresponding BOK. What if some of the bok areas are not covered in my experience?
Is it ok to not to mention them?
A quick reply will be highly appreciated.

shahbrijal

Jun 21, 2018
Hi All,
I am in process of applying for the CIPS license and fall under education plus experience category. While filling the form,Section : employment details ask for the responsibilities and the corresponding BOK. What if some of the bok areas are not covered in my experience?
Is it ok to not to mention them?
A quick reply will be highly appreciated.
Yes. As per my knowledge, that's absolutely fine if all the BOKs are not covered in your experience. you just have to specify whichever Boks you fall under.

Thanks,
Brijal Shah

SREEKaQb

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Received certificate yesterday.
ISP Certificate Applied on 27 oct 2017
ISP Certificate Received on 10 May 2018.
Hi Tej , Congrats ! does it take this long to get the ISP certificate . Also had a query i did my WES 2 years back in order to upgrade it to course by course do i need to send WES all the documents or they can do it based on documents that was shared earlier ( it was just the marksheet for all my sememsters that was sent to WES earlier) . Appreciate your advice

SREEKaQb

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Yes you have to create new application for upgrading the report. Continue the steps as you done for getting the eca report earlier.
Hi , I had done my ECA in 2015 need some help on how to get it converted to course by course , do i need to send all the documents again to WES , for my initial assessment the documents i sent was just the marks cards for all the semesters. Help greatly appreciated.

SREEKaQb

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi guyz, Anyone who has authorized wes to share report with CIPS please guide me , i am looking forward to upgrade my wes report to course by course for cips licence . Kindly let me know if i upgrade the report do i need to resend the official transcripts again ?

How much they charge for upgrade.?
Hi Gaurav, Hope by now you have got details on the CIPS membership , i am right now where you were earlier , appreciate if you could guide me .
Need few clarifications to begin with
1) I had done my ECA thru WES back in 2015 , looks like i need to get it done to Course by Course evaluation upgrade - Hope you have done it if so do i need to submit any documents again from university/college or it is just about updating it in their website.
2) CIPS certification , how long does it take to get after we give them all the documents .

Any help would be appreciated. appreciate if you could drop me a note to my personal email mailfromsree@gmail.com

Esmond

Jul 10, 2018
I belong to code 2173 with designation senior software test engineer (exp: 5.5years) and my education is electronics and communication engineering (4yrs) and MBA in HRM (2yrs). Do I eligible to apply I.S.P. under the Established IT Professional route.

Esmond

Jul 10, 2018
I belong to code 2173 with designation senior software test engineer (exp: 5.5years) and my education is electronics and communication engineering (4yrs) and MBA in HRM (2yrs). Do I eligible to apply I.S.P. under the Established IT Professional route.

vinny60444

Jun 22, 2012
My noc is 2173 and I want to apply for SINP PNP. Could u pls let me know if WES document by document evaluation will work for acquiring SINP license and also can you elaborate on the below points which are required for ISP certification. Thanks in advance.
Overall Requirement
  • Appropriate mastery of the CIPS Body of Knowledge (BOK);
  • Adherence to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct;
  • Demonstrated knowledge of the Code of Ethics
  • CIPS Membership (Note: One can apply for the I.S.P. designation without being a CIPS member, but active membership must be held in order to hold and use the I.S.P. designation);
  • Provide detailed and descriptive employer or client references covering the two years preceding the application. The employer or client needs to be able to comment on your competence and confirm your work history over the last 24 months. The reference should be in a similar or higher professional level to you and cannot be someone who report to you.
  • A minimum of 1000 hours of professional work experience during the 12 months prior to submitting the application.
  • Application Fees
Hi avneet,

Could you please guide me How can i get Professional liscense. Can i get if i go with WES upgrade .

Dheeraj K

Jul 20, 2018
This thread has been created to centralized and share the discussion and thoughts around required licencing/certification from CIPS (Canada's association of IT Professionals) for certain IT NOC for SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program).

Licencing has been introduced and made mandatory by SINP starting August 2017.

Provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your:
For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS).

For most IT professionals, ISP is the right certification.

ISP
Apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience Route (http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx). Under this route you are required to have your official transcripts sent to us directly from your educational institutions, along with a Canadian course-by-course equivalency assessment (assessment centers listed in application). If your course-by-course equivalency assessment indicates that they received your official transcripts directly from your school(s) then you can have the assessment center mail us an official copy of your assessment instead of having your school mail us your official transcripts.

Alternatively you can apply for the I.S.P. under the "Established IT Professionals Route" (http://www.cips.ca/EstablishedITProfessionals), which is purely experience based, and would not require you to send your transcripts. Under this route you would document your knowledge and experience that you've gained over the years in the listed knowledge areas.

You are not required to have experience in all knowledge areas, however your total points gained from the knowledge areas must be greater than 21 points. While you will be providing your personal opinion about the points you believe to have in each knowledge area, the CIPS Experience Review Committee will ultimately determine how many points you are assessed at.

My query is while filling CIPS education + Experience form, can we put more than one bok code for same position ,experience and responsibilities. Kindly let me know.

konakallaramesh

Jul 21, 2018
You can verify your postal address in your profile . Login with your credentials and click on edit/view profile. There you can view your address under Address section.
Hi ,

I am having following questions, i hope you can help me with clarifications.

1. I requested my tracking number by sending e-mail to mj@cips.ca, got the response with tracking number, but i dont have any log in credentials to login and see the status. How to get login credentials and where login to see ?

2. My application status currently at 300 in http://cips.ca/certificationstatus list, how long does it take to get certificate, any idea ? If we see my application in this list what does it mean, are they reviewing my application or yet to start review.

3. My card initially charged with CAD250 for application review fee, will they charge anything for any additional fee. If yes i have update my credit card details as my previous card expired. How to update my credit card details.

Appreciate your response.

iaquil

Aug 18, 2017
Has anyone is doing or done CIPS certification using Established IT Professional route? Have some specific queries on the same. Appreciate some help.

iaquil

Aug 18, 2017
I fall under category "EstablishedITProfessionals" and i confirmed with them as well.

I have no degree in I.T but working in the sector since last 6 years.

1) my question is i've downloaded the application but detail in the application is quite generic, can someone help me to fill the application or do any one has experience to fill it? I can surely put my knowledge and learning process during my professional experience however, look like they want some specific detail into it.

2) Do this certification add 50 points to my CRS under "Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body" :

Please try to answer 2nd question if you can't answer the first.
What is your noc? Let me know if you need help, we can tag along. I am doing the same.

iaquil

Aug 18, 2017
Dear Friends,
I have applied for 2173 SINP EE recently but yet to get the Licencse. I have emailed CIPS and they have advised me to apply in "Established IT Professional Route". Can someone guide me on this ..pls..
I am preparing the same, let me know if you need help and we can tag along and be of help to each other.

Santosh540

Dec 20, 2017
I have reed in-demand occupation list in which I found below lines for NOC 2173

If your Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, you must apply to the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) for a letter showing that your application for registration as an Engineer-in-Training has been approved or a letter from APEGS indicating that you have been assigned Confirmatory Exams.

If one have a Master degree, does he still need to go ahead with APEGS ?

Does the CIPS Established IT Professional Route is replaced with APEGS ?

Can someone, please explain what exactly is the procedure for SINP ?

I have sent an e-mail to CIPS asking information about the route that I had to take. I was suggested to go for Established Professional Route. This discussion happened 4 months back.