+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

Axaykumar

Mar 18, 2018
Received certificate yesterday.
ISP Certificate Applied on 27 oct 2017
ISP Certificate Received on 10 May 2018.
Hi,

I have applied for CIPS ISP license on 27 March 2018. yesterday I have sent mail to CIPS officer and they replied me that there is a way to track application. Having few doubts so, could you please update me on that.

1) if you have link to track the application then plz provide me with the steps to track application.
2) May I know when you got the CIPS membership receipt and card. Did you get it by post or mail ?

I will be thank full if you help me on above doubts.

suren44

May 12, 2018
No, you don't have to submit any other certificate apart from CIPS
Hi Kotvir,. I too have the same dount. I have a Bachelor and Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I have worked as a Software Engineer in past and now working as a Lead in the same profession (2173) since 7+ years. Although, I have submitted my CIPS certficate when they asked for a licensure, I still have the doubt whether I need to submit rather, APEGS certificate. In the email when the SINP asked for the licensure, they didn't mention whether

suren44

May 12, 2018
Hi Kotvir,. I too have the same dount. I have a Bachelor and Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I have worked as a Software Engineer in past and now working as a Lead in the same profession (2173) since 7+ years. Although, I have submitted my CIPS certficate when the SINP asked for a licensure on Apr 14, 2018, however, still have the doubt whether I need to submit APEGS certificate. In the email when the SINP asked for the licensure, they gave 1 yr time frame to submit the license but didn't clearly mention whether CIPS is required or APEGS. Secondly, if an APEGS certificate is required, will the SINP give another one year time to procure and submit? Thanks much.
No, you don't have to submit any other certificate apart from CIPS

suren44

May 12, 2018
HiHall, i have the following doubt, request you to respond. I have a Bachelor and Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I have worked as a Software Engineer in past and now working as a Lead in the same profession (2173) with total 7+ years of experience. Although, I have submitted my CIPS certficate when the SINP asked for a licensure on Apr 14, 2018, however, still have the doubt whether I need to submit APEGS certificate. In the email when the SINP asked for the licensure, they gave 1 yr time frame to submit the license but didn't clearly mention whether CIPS is required or APEGS. Secondly, if an APEGS certificate is required, will the SINP give another one year time to procure and submit? Thanks much.

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for CIPS ISP license on 27 March 2018. yesterday I have sent mail to CIPS officer and they replied me that there is a way to track application. Having few doubts so, could you please update me on that.

1) if you have link to track the application then plz provide me with the steps to track application.
2) May I know when you got the CIPS membership receipt and card. Did you get it by post or mail ?

I will be thank full if you help me on above doubts.
1) You can track your application at http://www.cips.ca/certificationstatus , However they update this page bimonthly, So if your application number is not displaying in queue then you have to wait for their next update.
2) You will get it by post within 20-30 days.

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
HiHall, i have the following doubt, request you to respond. I have a Bachelor and Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I have worked as a Software Engineer in past and now working as a Lead in the same profession (2173) with total 7+ years of experience. Although, I have submitted my CIPS certficate when the SINP asked for a licensure on Apr 14, 2018, however, still have the doubt whether I need to submit APEGS certificate. In the email when the SINP asked for the licensure, they gave 1 yr time frame to submit the license but didn't clearly mention whether CIPS is required or APEGS. Secondly, if an APEGS certificate is required, will the SINP give another one year time to procure and submit? Thanks much.
As per below text from SINP site. If anyone has bachelor degree in engineering he or she needs to apply for APEGS.
"If your Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, you must apply to the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) for a letter showing that your application for registration as an Engineer-in-Training has been approved or, a letter from APEGS indicating that you have been assigned Confirmatory Exams".

anubhuti2710

Aug 22, 2017
Hi,
It's d same case with me.i am unemployed for last 6 months, can I apply for the licence from CIPS. I have send them an email but haven't got reply..been 6

QUOTE="nsbhullar, post: 6362989, member: 533985"]I am unemployed from last six months... Can I get Cips Certificate... I have done work for 1000 hours in last two years....
Please suggest friends @krishna.m1026 @kothari... any one[/QUOTE]

Valli

May 17, 2017
1) You can track your application at http://www.cips.ca/certificationstatus , However they update this page bimonthly, So if your application number is not displaying in queue then you have to wait for their next update.
Hi , i havent received tracking number.could you please help me to know where can i get the tracking number.my email id is not accepted in the member profile.

Can87

Mar 20, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have 7+ years of experience as a software engineer and I want to create a profile for SINP-EE however, I have few queries which are as follows

1) As of now NOC-2173 (Software engineers and desginers) is in SINP demand list and my recent exp (April,2016 to present) of 2.5 years with current employer is following under 2173 noc code responsibiltes and past 5 years (Sep,2010 to April,2016) of exp comes under another noc code that is 2172 (Data Analyst).

Here my question is how many years of work exp I can claim while filling SINP application, 7 years or 2.5 years only ?

Since I have already taken reference letters from both of my previous employers on the basis of 2172 noc code, so It is difficult for me to ask any changes in the existing letters on the basis of 2173 noc code

Waiting for expert advice

Regards
Can87

anubhuti2710

Aug 22, 2017
I am unemployed from last six months... Can I get Cips Certificate... I have done work for 1000 hours in last two years....
Please suggest friends @krishna.m1026 @kothari... any one
Hi,
It's same case with me.i am unemployed for 7 months.can I apply for CIPS.i have send them emails but no reply.overall exp is 13yrs.i meet other conditions but no

Axaykumar

Mar 18, 2018
Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I have sent mail to CIPS because I submitted my application in march 27 and still I didn't get the membership card and receipt. They replied have you confirmed your postal address with us.

FYI... I have shared my postal address with cips on info@cips.ca and mj@cips.ca email ids.

So, do you know from where I can confirm my postal address with cips ? Need your suggestions on this.

Thanks.

shasha2

Aug 24, 2017
Hello everyone, I want to apply for SINP. I am relatively new on this. My NOC is 2173 (5years of experience) but I switched my job 3 month back and NOC for new job is 2171. I have no idea how to proceed from here for CIPS. Can anyone help me here. I am in an extremely confused state. CIPS is very confusing.

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I have sent mail to CIPS because I submitted my application in march 27 and still I didn't get the membership card and receipt. They replied have you confirmed your postal address with us.

FYI... I have shared my postal address with cips on info@cips.ca and mj@cips.ca email ids.

So, do you know from where I can confirm my postal address with cips ? Need your suggestions on this.

Thanks.
You can verify your postal address in your profile . Login with your credentials and click on edit/view profile. There you can view your address under Address section.