+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC should revise this express entry system

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
itainttrue said:
whatever dude.
If you don't get the point, too bad. learn to read and understand what other people are saying before commenting.
I have never called myself the best candidate.
I've only given examples of people who are clearly less qualified than most people under CEC and pointed out how unfair the system can be for people in specific sector(i.e CEC)
till now 3594 people has 600+ points, of that 500 may be PNP, let assume another 500 is from high skilled job, so just 2594 people who got ITA may have low skilled job... Ofcourse you would like to have authentic Chinese, Arabian or Indian food , but you have issue if LMIA is given to them or other low skilled people...

Also i get your point that you want CIC to add add a category like transcript from all schools, annual salary, company info, reference letter, etc... what makes you thing that will increase your chance to get the ITA faster.... even other peoples point will go high accordingly ... there are currently 6000 people ahead of you ... you are not the only who works in big Canadian IT company with high salary...

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
itainttrue said:
whatever dude.
If you don't get the point, too bad. learn to read and understand what other people are saying before commenting.
I have never called myself the best candidate.
I have never said that I'm more qualified than people who deserve the higher score.
I have never said that I should be granted ITA just because I have Canadian education and work experience.
It's people like you that doesn't understand the point someone's making and make wrong assumptions about that person.

I've only given examples of people who are clearly less qualified than most people under CEC and pointed out how unfair the system can be for people in specific sector(i.e CEC)
You have been saying exactly those things. Why should they get priority over ME? I've been here 14 years! I have friends and a great job! They work like slaves and have crappy jobs. I am here why should THEY get priority when THEY have never been to CANADA. I went to school HERE!

Blah blah blah. Cry baby!

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itainttrue said:
Another person who doesn't get the point...
I have no problem with LMIA holders whose score is higher than mine without the additional 600 points they got.
but I'm stating the fact that there are bunch of LMIA holders that received ITA whose score is in lower 300 range without the additional 600 points and have poor language skills and crappy jobs.
what makes PGWP jobs any less valid than LMIA jobs?
If you think about it, PGWP holders have harder time getting the job in the first place because they have to compete with local people. LMIA on the other hand can be given to people who agreed to accept lower wages and work like slaves.

Yes, they deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, but that doesn't mean likes of people that I mentioned in my examples should receive priority over people like me.

Easy for you to say "get your wife to take English tests and get her education assessed".
I'm working on that already but you don't get it do you?
I'm pointing out the unfairness of the system here.
so what if my wife goes thru all that trouble and time to get a few more points? max of 40...? laughable.
in the meantime, those people I mentioned in the examples have gotten 600 points for holding LMIA.

do you wanna talk about education level and skills? fine.
Where in the ranking system does it have any category for evaluating their "skills" and their "education"?
I actually want CRS to add a category like transcript from all schools, annual salary, company info, reference letter, etc.
holding university degree? big deal. most people have that anyway including me.
but does CIC bother checking their transcript to see how they really did in school? NO.
that way, CIC will be able to see who really is more skilled, before giving ITA to lots of LMIA holders with crappy jobs.
Hi,

As we have already discussed, you have options and your way is relatively easier as compare to those who are at those provinces, where they are not even getting chance to apply PNP. Just a gentle suggestion, you know the way now then why you are reverting to all those people who think you are a bad candidate and not enough eligible for Canada? Just asking

I have nothing against you as i dnt even know you, But you have spend enormous amount of time in Canada and i am really wondering, how can you stay in a country without getting proper and secure status(PGWP is temporary i mean). Its been 1 year in Canada and i have figured out many ways to go for immigration, i am wondering where were you when applicants were getting BC PNP in 8 weeks instead of 16 months now? I have spend relatively less amount as compare to you in studies but according to me its all depend upon awareness and carefully figure out different avenues. Take me for example, me and my friend were trying to apply for express entry and IELTS was the only formality left to complete our profile, but he had cleared his IELTS in one go and after attempting 4 times, i am still struggling with it because i need CLB 9 in all sections to qualify for federal skilled worker. This is not system fault at all,as i dnt have enough english which lead me to score appropriate band(Scored clb 9 in all three instead of listening)

Instead of few glitches, System will bring more opportunities but we have to overcome from our mistakes, ignore other people success and failure and most important do not care what other people think about you by reading you 2 to 3 posts.

Moreover, People have LMIA with bad jobs which doesn't make sense to get LMIA, but its their luck and even i say support of their employer.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
Another person who doesn't get the point...
I have no problem with LMIA holders whose score is higher than mine without the additional 600 points they got.
but I'm stating the fact that there are bunch of LMIA holders that received ITA whose score is in lower 300 range without the additional 600 points and have poor language skills and crappy jobs.
what makes PGWP jobs any less valid than LMIA jobs?
If you think about it, PGWP holders have harder time getting the job in the first place because they have to compete with local people. LMIA on the other hand can be given to people who agreed to accept lower wages and work like slaves.

Yes, they deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, but that doesn't mean likes of people that I mentioned in my examples should receive priority over people like me.

Easy for you to say "get your wife to take English tests and get her education assessed".
I'm working on that already but you don't get it do you?
I'm pointing out the unfairness of the system here.
so what if my wife goes thru all that trouble and time to get a few more points? max of 40...? laughable.
in the meantime, those people I mentioned in the examples have gotten 600 points for holding LMIA.

do you wanna talk about education level and skills? fine.
Where in the ranking system does it have any category for evaluating their "skills" and their "education"?
I actually want CRS to add a category like transcript from all schools, annual salary, company info, reference letter, etc.
holding university degree? big deal. most people have that anyway including me.
but does CIC bother checking their transcript to see how they really did in school? NO.
that way, CIC will be able to see who really is more skilled, before giving ITA to lots of LMIA holders with crappy jobs.

LMIA holders dont have "crappy jobs" they have jobs that have been proven to not be filled by canadians.

PGWP holders shouldnt get priority just cause they came to school here, they are paying for a western education not Permanent residency.

Just cause you think you are highly skilled doesnt mean there are other canadians out there who couldnt take you job in an instant and hence why your employer isnt going for an LMIA cause they know that.

by your commentary here I would say that everyone who has got an ITA before you is more skilled than you because they have understoof a very easy system and been invited to apply.

This system has been in the works for at least 6 months, dont take your lack of preparation out on others who took the time to understand the system. If you had been prepared and your wife had gone and done the IELTS and WES your would be fine, but you didnt cause you thought you had bought your way to PR by being a PGWP.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
In all fairness it seems like you are the one who doesn't get it. CIC set there language requirements and these must be met, so in this case there is no such thing as "poor language skills"

A PGWP job is "less valid" as you put it because a PGWP is an open permit and so a PGWP holder can take ANY job, it does not have to be in any particular NOC category.

In the past there was abuse of the LMIA (LMO) system, however, those brought in on LMIAs have to be paid at similar levels as Canadians and PR according to the LMIA and an employer who breaches that is penalised if this is brought to the notice of appropriate agencies.

You should know how difficult it is to get an LMIA ( you stated that this is the reason your employer can't get meet the requirements to get you one) yet you devalue its importance to those who have gone through the trouble and expense to get one.

I don't know what you mean by crappy jobs but since EE is applicable to CEC, FSW and FST then it stands to reason that people with "crappy jobs " as you term it would not qualify.

As it relates to your point about skill, you should know that an ITA does not equal PR. The application will be processed under the rules of the applicable program and every criteria will be assessed.

You really need to take a step back and look at the big picture because it seems that your fundamental understanding of how this is supposed to work is a bit flawed.
You are right. My stress over this new system has clearly made me view it in the wrong way.
but not totally wrong.
btw, it's not that my employer "can't meet" the requirements. you probably didn't read it but how can a company that hired me for having better qualification than local people come up with a reason for "not being able to find suitable local people for the position"?
Don't get it wrong. my employer is a fairly big company and trying its best to support me in every way possible.

now onto my next point.
Yes, EE is a ranking system not immigration system.
but because of the way that it's unfairly evaluating people, people who are more qualified to receive ITA haven't gotten it yet.
"poor" language skills might have been a bit too extreme but let me put it this way.
people who barely met the minimum score on IELTS and have held LMOs since before the system change got ITAs. you think it's fair then?
PGWP holders can work for any position, true, but that's what NOC category is for.
This new ranking system should not discriminate PGWP holders working in the appropriate NOC category just because they have PGWP.

Think about it this way, the way that this new system is evaluating people right now doesn't consider the important categories and it results in a lot of people who are probably way more qualified to receive an ITA than others not receiving it at all because they haven't been given a chance to show what they got.(like you said, this doesn't happen until after you receive ITA and apply for PR. but what's the point if the ranking system is unfairly leaving out a lot of suitable candidates over others?)

I don't care and I don't wanna whine about what happens after receiving ITA.
All I'm saying is that the ranking system needs to take more things into consideration because the way it is right now, a lot of otherwise more qualified candidates are left out waiting for ITA helplessly.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Dude I get your pain. Im also a PGWP holder working in a nice company in a nice job. 449 w/ spouse, 477 w/o spouse. When LMIAs get 600 points straight, it really makes me wonder whether CIC wants intelligent people inside this country. This is grossly unfair to us PGWP holders. I know people at immigration firms and they were celebrating after EE was introduced because they can make more money through skilled/trades LMIAs. Even a fake chef can get a LMIA because these firms have connections with local Canadian ethnic eateries. There is not much we can do about it. I just hope that score comes down in next few rounds.

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
itainttrue said:
I've had it with this Express Entry system.
CIC should revise this system as soon as possible.
They claim that this new system is to pick the best candidates that will benefit Canadian society but they've got it all wrong.

It's really ridiculous if you think about it.
People like me are apparently the biggest victim of this new system.
I have a total score of 448(0 points from spouse).
I scored perfect score on IELTS except on writing section,
I've been in Canada since 16 years ago and graduated from Canadian secondary school and university with superb academic standings.
I'm currently working in a big Canadian IT company with high salary on PGWP.
I got hired after competing with Canadian citizens because of my skill set
but I get no bonus points for working for a regular Canadian company.
Legit Canadian companies like mine can't come up with a reason to apply for LMIA because I competed for the position with Canadians fair and square.

BC has temporarily stopped receiving further PNP applications and legit Canadian companies like mine has hard time coming up with a reason(for LMIA) for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
so basically I'm stuck at this point waiting helplessly for ITA.

However, even people with 300 points who barely met minimum score on IELTS, didn't go to any Canadian schools, and worked for small international agencies(for example) for being able to speak their first language got invitations already ONLY BECAUSE they received 600 bonus points for holding LMO/LMIA.
It's super easy for companies like that to come up with a reason for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
Plus, they make only half my salary.

This has gone beyond the point that it's not even funny anymore.
No bonus points for working for a legit Canadian company, no bonus for high salary, no bonus for graduating from Canadian secondary&university, no bonus for achieving great academic standing.
and why do I need a job offer with LMIA to score additional 600 points when I already have a valid position?
Wow...just wow.
I just followed this forum, so I want to cite your first posting.
I'm a bit confused with your points. I feel ya man, and I have similar experience (living in Canada for 9 years now), graduated from Canadian University, except that I didn't max out my IELTS, worked for a year (still working and hopefully not losing my job due to crazy current Alberta economy ???), and I scored 449.
Is it because of your age as well that affect the points?
I obviously lost points big time in language but I got extra 50 points (well not much extra I guess) for adaptability. I'm just trying to think how to improve the points other than re-taking language exam (which I find it ridiculous for making people taking this exam if you live in Canada, went to study here, and got a job in NOC 0, A, or B OR those who are from english speaking countries).
I know it sounds dumb, but other suggestion is to move to smaller province ;p

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
You have been saying exactly those things. Why should they get priority over ME? I've been here 14 years! I have friends and a great job! They work like slaves and have crappy jobs. I am here why should THEY get priority when THEY have never been to CANADA. I went to school HERE!

Blah blah blah. Cry baby!
you really have hard time understanding other people's comments bro.

how is "Why should they get priority over ME? I've been here 14 years! I have friends and a great job! They work like slaves and have crappy jobs. I am here why should THEY get priority when THEY have never been to CANADA. I went to school HERE!" equivalent to "I'm the best candidate, I'm more qualified than people who deserve higher scores than me, I should be granted ITA just coz I have Canadian education and work exp"?

I'll mention it again. I don't have anything against other people except the fact that a lot of them who are CLEARLY less qualified than a lot of people under CEC(I just used myself as an example) have gotten ITAs already.

it's like you said. it was easy to abuse LMO system back in the days. but those people who received LMOs before are getting free 600 points. you tell me if that's fair then.
If you think the system is so fair, why don't they have to go through the same process like everybody else in getting new LMIA?
Again, I'm only giving you one of the many examples that proves how unfair the current system is.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
juliegunawan said:
I just followed this forum, so I want to cite your first posting.
I'm a bit confused with your points. I feel ya man, and I have similar experience (living in Canada for 9 years now), graduated from Canadian University, except that I didn't max out my IELTS, worked for a year (still working and hopefully not losing my job due to crazy current Alberta economy ???), and I scored 449.
Is it because of your age as well that affect the points?
I obviously lost points big time in language but I got extra 50 points (well not much extra I guess) for adaptability. I'm just trying to think how to improve the points other than re-taking language exam (which I find it ridiculous for making people taking this exam if you live in Canada, went to study here, and got a job in NOC 0, A, or B OR those who are from english speaking countries).
I know it sounds dumb, but other suggestion is to move to smaller province ;p
Thanks. finally someone who understands the feeling and pain.
I lost 40 points for spouse section. I got 0 out of 40. that's why I'm at 448.
I'm sure with our scores we will be chosen in the next few draws and just in case, I'm submitting PNP application tmr.

I wanted to point out how unfair the current system can be for some people but seems like this forum is full of people who either don't care because they got ITA and people who like to believe the current system is perfect.
I may have been extreme in expressing my frustration by giving extreme examples to make points but these people don't seem to understand the frustration that people like us are going through because they have never been in our shoes.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
uxd said:
Dude I get your pain. Im also a PGWP holder working in a nice company in a nice job. 449 w/ spouse, 477 w/o spouse. When LMIAs get 600 points straight, it really makes me wonder whether CIC wants intelligent people inside this country. This is grossly unfair to us PGWP holders. I know people at immigration firms and they were celebrating after EE was introduced because they can make more money through skilled/trades LMIAs. Even a fake chef can get a LMIA because these firms have connections with local Canadian ethnic eateries. There is not much we can do about it. I just hope that score comes down in next few rounds.
Thank you. this is exactly the point that I was trying to make but these people that I've been arguing with don't seem to understand a thing about our situation.
just like you said, It's easy to fake LMIAs if you have connection and fake salary, etc.
I won't mention specific examples but it's how it is right now.
A person that I know of barely making 1/3 of my salary per month who scored bare minimum for IELTS requirement has received ITA before people like us, just coz he/she had an LMO.
All I've been saying is that the current system is unfair to people like us.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
itainttrue said:
Thank you. this is exactly the point that I was trying to make but these people that I've been arguing with don't seem to understand a thing about our situation.
just like you said, It's easy to fake LMIAs if you have connection and fake salary, etc.
I won't mention specific examples but it's how it is right now.
A person that I know of barely making 1/3 of my salary per month who scored bare minimum for IELTS requirement has received ITA before people like us, just coz he/she had an LMO.
All I've been saying is that the current system is unfair to people like us.
Again bud you are not trying to understand why so many people rejected your opinion... you are frustrated over only 3500 LMIA people who got ITA in EE.... however, you are not looking at the fact that when you were compared with people in high skill category with good salary like yours and Canadian education, they have higher points than you... You need to take blame for that , you should have ensured that your spouse had her IELTS and ECA done...that would bring your point to 478 and you would get your ITA long back....

I was exactly in your scenario with 446 points + Canadian education +IT job, the moment CRS score came out for the first time, I ensured my spouse had her IELTS done... I may or may not agree with you whether all LMIA is genuine or not... however those are very small number... of the 3500 who had 600+ score people, lets say 1500 people had fake LMIA , still you would not get ITA by now...

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
curious_123 said:
Again bud you are not trying to understand why so many people rejected your opinion... you are frustrated over only 3500 LMIA people who got ITA in EE.... however, you are not looking at the fact that when you were compared with people in high skill category with good salary like yours and Canadian education, they have higher points than you... You need to take blame for that , you should have ensured that your spouse had her IELTS and ECA done...that would bring your point to 478 and you would get your ITA long back....

I was exactly in your scenario with 446 points + Canadian education +IT job, the moment CRS score came out for the first time, I ensured my spouse had her IELTS done... I may or may not agree with you whether all LMIA is genuine or not... however those are very small number... of the 3500 who had 600+ score people, lets say 1500 people had fake LMIA , still you would not get ITA by now...
now you get the point that I'm trying to make.
That's exactly what I was doing. complaining about those small number of people with LMO/LMIAs.
I've been giving examples of how some unqualified(from anyone's perspective) people received ITA before a lot of other more qualifying PGWP holders with good jobs, just because they had LMOs from before or cheated their way to receive LMIA, etc.
When did I ever say that I am more qualified than most people who received ITAs?
You guys really have a wild imagination.

Again, the point I'm trying to make is, however small the number of LMIA holders there are who received ITAs, a lot of them in reality have much less "spec" than a lot of people with PGWP in CEC category.

You keep saying I didn't prepare for the change properly, and I'm a little mad at you for saying that but I won't explain how I got screwed by CIC and ended up in this state. It's a long story.

and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying the same thing like you did just now if you are the one who didn't receive ITA because you were short of 5 points knowing that there are a lot of other less qualified people who received ITAs.
Don't think for a second that you were in the same situation like I do now.
It's easy for you to say whatever you want to say now that you received ITA but you don't understand a thing about people in my situation.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Would EE be better all round if they deleted that 600 points for LMIA? That way it would be a level playing field and the applicants with the best language, education and work experience would be chosen.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Pippin said:
Would EE be better all round if they deleted that 600 points for LMIA? That way it would be a level playing field and the applicants with the best language, education and work experience would be chosen.
Exactly. it would definitely be better that way.
That way, at least every candidates get to be evaluated somewhat fairly depending on their skill sets/language skills/lvl of degree and academic standings/work experience, etc

The 600 bonus points is just too much.
In theory, even if you have 0 points, you would've received ITA already if you had an LMO/LMIA.
I wouldn't mind if LMIA holders received extra 50 points or for holding it but giving 600 points straight basically guarantees that they will get invitation before others.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks like LMIA doesn't even matter that much,since the score dropped below 600.it mattered in the first 4 draws but I don't see the cutoff score going above 600 soon.