16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
GARJ said:
Maybe CIC will grace us with another CEC-Specific draw, It owes us that much.
CIC owes you nothing. Nor, for that matter, does Canada.

It's not cool to hear that people overseas who haven't even been to Canada before have already received ITA, whereas people like me who've lived here for years, with a Canadian diploma, perfect English scores, employed at reputable a company and with a network of colleague and friends are still waiting to receive ITA.
It's not cool to hear that people with desperately needed skills, and amazing work experience are being beat out by people who ... happened to take a few classes. Why should Canada turn down a MD/PhD who will bring new skills into the country, so they can accept someone who happened to take a one year diploma, then take a Canadian's job with their PGWP?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
itainttrue said:
Well then the government's point of view isn't logical at all.
If they are looking for people who are not skilled/qualified enough to compete with Canadians for jobs, why do they evaluate people based on scores, based on language skills and education, etc?
I see a paradox right there. don't you?
It doesn't make any sense.
Think a little harder. The government is permitted to have more than one objective, you know.

First, they want to fill all the necessary jobs - ones where employers are unable to find Canadians with the required skills. This is because they care about Canadians.
Next, any additional slots should go to the best and brightest - if they have to bring immigrants in to meet their needs (in terms of population growth), then they want the best. This also is because they care about Canada.

No paradox here. No inconsistency, either.

Marko978

Jun 18, 2015
itainttrue
Star Member

Ratings: +5

CIC should revise this express entry system

« on: April 21, 2015, 02:25:00 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've had it with this Express Entry system.
CIC should revise this system as soon as possible.
They claim that this new system is to pick the best candidates that will benefit Canadian society but they've got it all wrong.

It's really ridiculous if you think about it.
People like me are apparently the biggest victim of this new system.
I have a total score of 448(0 points from spouse).
I scored perfect score on IELTS except on writing section,
I've been in Canada since 16 years ago and graduated from Canadian secondary school and university with superb academic standings.
I'm currently working in a big Canadian IT company with high salary on PGWP.
I got hired after competing with Canadian citizens because of my skill set
but I get no bonus points for working for a regular Canadian company.
Legit Canadian companies like mine can't come up with a reason to apply for LMIA because I competed for the position with Canadians fair and square.

BC has temporarily stopped receiving further PNP applications and legit Canadian companies like mine has hard time coming up with a reason(for LMIA) for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
so basically I'm stuck at this point waiting helplessly for ITA.

However, even people with 300 points who barely met minimum score on IELTS, didn't go to any Canadian schools, and worked for small international agencies(for example) for being able to speak their first language got invitations already ONLY BECAUSE they received 600 bonus points for holding LMO/LMIA.
It's super easy for companies like that to come up with a reason for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
Plus, they make only half my salary.

This has gone beyond the point that it's not even funny anymore.
No bonus points for working for a legit Canadian company, no bonus for high salary, no bonus for graduating from Canadian secondary&university, no bonus for achieving great academic standing.
and why do I need a job offer with LMIA to score additional 600 points when I already have a valid position?
Wow...just wow.

I totally agree with itainttrue's post above. The EE is a bad system in terms of long term investment in human capital since it covers only current labour market needs.