+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC should revise this express entry system

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
I've had it with this Express Entry system.
CIC should revise this system as soon as possible.
They claim that this new system is to pick the best candidates that will benefit Canadian society but they've got it all wrong.

It's really ridiculous if you think about it.
People like me are apparently the biggest victim of this new system.
I have a total score of 448(0 points from spouse).
I scored perfect score on IELTS except on writing section,
I've been in Canada since 16 years ago and graduated from Canadian secondary school and university with superb academic standings.
I'm currently working in a big Canadian IT company with high salary on PGWP.
I got hired after competing with Canadian citizens because of my skill set
but I get no bonus points for working for a regular Canadian company.
Legit Canadian companies like mine can't come up with a reason to apply for LMIA because I competed for the position with Canadians fair and square.

BC has temporarily stopped receiving further PNP applications and legit Canadian companies like mine has hard time coming up with a reason(for LMIA) for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
so basically I'm stuck at this point waiting helplessly for ITA.

However, even people with 300 points who barely met minimum score on IELTS, didn't go to any Canadian schools, and worked for small international agencies(for example) for being able to speak their first language got invitations already ONLY BECAUSE they received 600 bonus points for holding LMO/LMIA.
It's super easy for companies like that to come up with a reason for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
Plus, they make only half my salary.

This has gone beyond the point that it's not even funny anymore.
No bonus points for working for a legit Canadian company, no bonus for high salary, no bonus for graduating from Canadian secondary&university, no bonus for achieving great academic standing.
and why do I need a job offer with LMIA to score additional 600 points when I already have a valid position?
Wow...just wow.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before criticizing system and downgrade other people, have you done routine or proper research?
BC pnp has stopped for temporary , but who told you to wait as you are eligible for express entry then go for bc pnp express entry. In 3 months you will be having score above 1000.

Though, i completely understand when we fill with disconsolation, even a small thing infuriate us. So buddy that's fine and go for application before its too late.

No one knows what rules bc pnp will demonstrate in july, negative or positive no one knows

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
itainttrue said:
I've had it with this Express Entry system.
CIC should revise this system as soon as possible.
They claim that this new system is to pick the best candidates that will benefit Canadian society but they've got it all wrong.

It's really ridiculous if you think about it.
People like me are apparently the biggest victim of this new system.
I have a total score of 448(0 points from spouse).
I scored perfect score on IELTS except on writing section,
I've been in Canada since 16 years ago and graduated from Canadian secondary school and university with superb academic standings.
I'm currently working in a big Canadian IT company with high salary on PGWP.
I got hired after competing with Canadian citizens because of my skill set
but I get no bonus points for working for a regular Canadian company.
Legit Canadian companies like mine can't come up with a reason to apply for LMIA because I competed for the position with Canadians fair and square.

BC has temporarily stopped receiving further PNP applications and legit Canadian companies like mine has hard time coming up with a reason(for LMIA) for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
so basically I'm stuck at this point waiting helplessly for ITA.

However, even people with 300 points who barely met minimum score on IELTS, didn't go to any Canadian schools, and worked for small international agencies(for example) for being able to speak their first language got invitations already ONLY BECAUSE they received 600 bonus points for holding LMO/LMIA.
It's super easy for companies like that to come up with a reason for "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position".
Plus, they make only half my salary.

This has gone beyond the point that it's not even funny anymore.
No bonus points for working for a legit Canadian company, no bonus for high salary, no bonus for graduating from Canadian secondary&university, no bonus for achieving great academic standing.
and why do I need a job offer with LMIA to score additional 600 points when I already have a valid position?
Wow...just wow.
If you did your education in canada, have canadian work experience and have a good IELTS score then u should have had your ITA by now..!! If all these comes through you are supossed to have a score of > 455-460.. I am wondering how come your score is 448..

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
Before criticizing system and downgrade other people, have you done routine or proper research?
BC pnp has stopped for temporary , but who told you to wait as you are eligible for express entry then go for bc pnp express entry. In 3 months you will be having score above 1000.

Though, i completely understand when we fill with disconsolation, even a small thing infuriate us. So buddy that's fine and go for application before its too late.

No one knows what rules bc pnp will demonstrate in july, negative or positive no one knows
Yes, I've done proper research before criticizing the system.

quote from bc website,
"Effective immediately, BC PNP is temporarily pausing program intake for 90 days ... "

so yes, I'm stuck currently.

and let me ask you this then, do you think it's fair to give people with LMO/LMIA 600 bonus points and 0 bonus to people who got hired by competing with local people fair and square and are working currently?

Everyone knows already that LMOs have been used mostly by people who can't get proper jobs in Canadian companies so that they can get hired by companies/owners that want to make them work like slaves.
I'm not trying to downgrade them but if those people get 600 bonus points for holding LMO, why can't people with proper jobs in Canada get any bonus points?

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Seby25 said:
If you did your education in canada, have canadian work experience and have a good IELTS score then u should have had your ITA by now..!! If all these comes through you are supossed to have a score of > 455-460.. I am wondering how come your score is 448..
it's because I have a spouse.
The maximum score I can get is 560, not 600.
I scored 0 out of 40 for spouse section.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While from your point of view it's a GOOD thing that you competed with Canadians for your job and got it (as did I), from the Government of Canada's perspective that's a BAD thing, since it means a Canadian did not get the job.

Canada is concerned with giving Canadians the good jobs - and that will benefit you when you become one.

For now, you and I have to understand that we do not get points for our excellent jobs exactly BECAUSE we beat Canadians in getting them. Instead, those who are willing to take the jobs that Canadians don't want and those with jobs that there are not enough Canadians to fill are being rewarded.

I don't like it any more than you do (well, maybe a LITTLE more, since I have an ITA), but it is a legitimate governmental strategy that we have to live with. We are not owed permanent residence in Canada. And, with your score and a little more patience, I am fairly certain you will get an ITA soon.

Good luck!

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe CIC will grace us with another CEC-Specific draw, It owes us that much. It's not cool to hear that people overseas who haven't even been to Canada before have already received ITA, whereas people like me who've lived here for years, with a Canadian diploma, perfect English scores, employed at reputable a company and with a network of colleague and friends are still waiting to receive ITA. I've still got a year and two months at least left on my PGWP. I believe that in a years time I will have already recevied ITA, but still, I don't find it logical to have people who haven't even been to Canada get priority over Canadian temporary residents. At this point EE is still a mystery, the program will fully be fleshed-out by 2017; but the first 4 months of EE have been a roller coaster.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
why did you wait 16 years to apply for PR if you only need a year so it could have been done 10 years ago

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Seby25 said:
Wrong. Canadian graduate with 1 year work and maxed out on language test and age is 438. That was the entry requirement for CEC before EE.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
bud_weiser said:
why did you wait 16 years to apply for PR if you only need a year so it could have been done 10 years ago
Well, 4 years of secondary school, 5 years of university including co-op exp, 1.5 years of canadian work exp, and 5 years in my home country in the middle of all that.
I just became eligible to apply under CEC last Nov.
10 years ago I was still in university. it's not like I waited to apply.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
itainttrue said:
Well, 4 years of secondary school, 5 years of university including co-op exp, 1.5 years of canadian work exp, and 5 years in my home country in the middle of all that.
I just became eligible to apply under CEC last Nov.
10 years ago I was still in university. it's not like I waited to apply.
Makes sense asking coz I have met few people that been here 5 -7 years on visas and complaining about EE all under A, 0 B and thats first question I always ask

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
dobes said:
While from your point of view it's a GOOD thing that you competed with Canadians for your job and got it (as did I), from the Government of Canada's perspective that's a BAD thing, since it means a Canadian did not get the job.

Canada is concerned with giving Canadians the good jobs - and that will benefit you when you become one.

For now, you and I have to understand that we do not get points for our excellent jobs exactly BECAUSE we beat Canadians in getting them. Instead, those who are willing to take the jobs that Canadians don't want and those with jobs that there are not enough Canadians to fill are being rewarded.

I don't like it any more than you do (well, maybe a LITTLE more, since I have an ITA), but it is a legitimate governmental strategy that we have to live with. We are not owed permanent residence in Canada. And, with your score and a little more patience, I am fairly certain you will get an ITA soon.

Good luck!
Well then the government's point of view isn't logical at all.
If they are looking for people who are not skilled/qualified enough to compete with Canadians for jobs, why do they evaluate people based on scores, based on language skills and education, etc?

what you are saying is that they are looking for people who are not good enough to compete with Canadians but are willing to take jobs that Canadians wouldn't/can't, but at the same time they are also looking for highly educated skilled bunch preferably with better language skills.
I see a paradox right there. don't you?
It doesn't make any sense.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
GARJ said:
Maybe CIC will grace us with another CEC-Specific draw, It owes us that much. It's not cool to hear that people overseas who haven't even been to Canada before have already received ITA, whereas people like me who've lived here for years, with a Canadian diploma, perfect English scores, employed at reputable a company and with a network of colleague and friends are still waiting to receive ITA. I've still got a year and two months at least left on my PGWP. I believe that in a years time I will have already recevied ITA, but still, I don't find it logical to have people who haven't even been to Canada get priority over Canadian temporary residents. At this point EE is still a mystery, the program will fully be fleshed-out by 2017; but the first 4 months of EE have been a roller coaster.
Exactly.
Even people who barely made the minimum required score on language tests and have score of 300 without LMO/LMIA are getting it before people with high qualifications.
If the Canadian government is looking for people like that, I don't understand why they still have CEC category or why they are going through the trouble evaluating people based on scores.
600 bonus points to people with LMO/LMIA when the max score you can get without additional points is 600...just laughable.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
The amount of BS in this thread is what is laughable. I find that if you have to tear down other people in order to build yourself up then you aren't that great to begin with.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see a paradox. I see a country with a relatively small population that wants both people who can fill jobs its citizens can't or won't and the very cream of the crop of educated, linguistically able, skilled people who want to come. Two streams, the second smaller than the first.

It's the government's prerogative to decide its policy. I have also been frustrated and annoyed by how often immigration policy changes here - three times since my arrival in late 2012 - but I never for a minute thought I should have the power to say who Canada should invite, and why! I guess you should be glad that Canada doesn't choose candidates based on their patience! :D