+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC should revise this express entry system

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
The amount of BS in this thread is what is laughable. I find that if you have to tear down other people in order to build yourself up then you aren't that great to begin with.
No one would be "tearing down" other people if the system was fair for everyone.
if you haven't been in a situation like mine or people like me, you wouldn't understand a thing, so don't call it a BS.
People like me have spent nearly half my entire life in Canada, spent fortune on getting educated in Canadian schools, made great network of colleagues and friends, and made it to getting employed at a reputable company in Canadian society.
If the Canadian government is looking for people who can be assets to the Canadian society, they should know who to prioritize.

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every people with LMIA/LMO does not deserve to become a permanent resident here. I don't get to judge them.
I'm just pointing out the unfairness of this new system, and how it doesn't make sense logically.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
dobes said:
I don't see a paradox. I see a country with a relatively small population that wants both people who can fill jobs its citizens can't or won't and the very cream of the crop of educated, linguistically able, skilled people who want to come. Two streams, the second smaller than the first.

It's the government's prerogative to decide its policy. I have also been frustrated and annoyed by how often immigration policy changes here - three times since my arrival in late 2012 - but I never for a minute thought I should have the power to say who Canada should invite, and why! I guess you should be glad that Canada doesn't choose candidates based on their patience! :D
I totally agree. They have the full power over their policy.
but you have absolutely no idea how patient I've been.
You've been here for a little more than 2 years but you sound like you are the patient one.
I've been in Canada since 1999(since I was 14) and I've waited 16 years to become eligible under most suitable category that's been available.
I'm about 8 times more patient than you I believe.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again you are mistaken. Bc pnp is pause for regular stream but still open for express entry applicants. There is a difference between bc pnp skilled immigration stream and bc pnp EE stream.

Go to their website and read it again now

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
Again you are mistaken. Bc pnp is pause for regular stream but still open for express entry applicants. There is a difference between bc pnp skilled immigration stream and bc pnp EE stream.

Go to their website and read it again now
you are right! when I checked the page on mobile view, the second and third bullet points got cut off.
I justed noticed it on my desktop.
Thanks

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
dobes said:
While from your point of view it's a GOOD thing that you competed with Canadians for your job and got it (as did I), from the Government of Canada's perspective that's a BAD thing, since it means a Canadian did not get the job.

Canada is concerned with giving Canadians the good jobs - and that will benefit you when you become one.

For now, you and I have to understand that we do not get points for our excellent jobs exactly BECAUSE we beat Canadians in getting them. Instead, those who are willing to take the jobs that Canadians don't want and those with jobs that there are not enough Canadians to fill are being rewarded.

I don't like it any more than you do (well, maybe a LITTLE more, since I have an ITA), but it is a legitimate governmental strategy that we have to live with. We are not owed permanent residence in Canada. And, with your score and a little more patience, I am fairly certain you will get an ITA soon.

Good luck!
Well said dobes..

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
mf4361 said:
Wrong. Canadian graduate with 1 year work and maxed out on language test and age is 438. That was the entry requirement for CEC before EE.
No mf..I know folks who have Canadian masters degree, 1 year Canadian experience and CLB 7 IELTS having score of 468.. They have got ITA now..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Seby25 said:
No mf..I know folks who have Canadian masters degree, 1 year Canadian experience and CLB 7 IELTS having score of 468.. They have got ITA now..
Sorry i forgot to mention bachelor degree. Obviously Master degree worth more points, but not a huge amount of people have Canadian master

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Itainttrue - you have been in Canada for 16 years and do not have a PR?

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
purohit said:
Itainttrue - you have been in Canada for 16 years and do not have a PR?
yeah, I was 14 when I first got here.
It took me about 11 years(16 years minus 5 years that I spent back in my home country in the middle for personal reasons) to finally become eligible under CEC.
It's not surprising if you've been here since you were young like me.
and that's why I'm mad at this policy change because after spending so much time getting myself educated and gaining Canadian work experience to finally become eligible to apply under CEC, they change the system.

It's really stressful you know.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
I can imagine. But I am sure you will get. You have good score. Relax. There will definitely be a CEC specific draw at some point.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itainttrue said:
I've been in Canada since 16 years ago and graduated from Canadian secondary school and university with superb academic standings.
I'm currently working in a big Canadian IT company with high salary on PGWP.
16 years in Canada and still on PGWP !!!! Are you fcking serious? Or am I understanding something wrong? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit:

Dude.. you seriously should have planned some other back up.. 16 years wait... hoping to get PR under a single plan i.e CEC is nuts!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itainttrue said:
I totally agree. They have the full power over their policy.
but you have absolutely no idea how patient I've been.
You've been here for a little more than 2 years but you sound like you are the patient one.
I've been in Canada since 1999(since I was 14) and I've waited 16 years to become eligible under most suitable category that's been available.
I'm about 8 times more patient than you I believe.
True. You have spent a lot of years relying on something they changed just as you got ready to take advantage of it. But with your points, you will get in in the next few draws. Whenever I get upset with an apartment search or job search that isn't going right (it took me 14 months to find my job after arriving in Canada) I remember that once it happens, all the frustration will disappear. That's true for you, too. You're well over 400 points - you will get an ITA.

erguan

Jul 11, 2012
itainttrue said:
Yes, I've done proper research before criticizing the system.

quote from bc website,
"Effective immediately, BC PNP is temporarily pausing program intake for 90 days ... "

so yes, I'm stuck currently.

and let me ask you this then, do you think it's fair to give people with LMO/LMIA 600 bonus points and 0 bonus to people who got hired by competing with local people fair and square and are working currently?

Everyone knows already that LMOs have been used mostly by people who can't get proper jobs in Canadian companies so that they can get hired by companies/owners that want to make them work like slaves.
I'm not trying to downgrade them but if those people get 600 bonus points for holding LMO, why can't people with proper jobs in Canada get any bonus points?
proper job is hard to define. Why not your employer apply for LMIA to keep you?

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
erguan said:
proper job is hard to define. Why not your employer apply for LMIA to keep you?
it's because in order for the employers to apply for the LMIA, they would need to come up with a reasoning behind "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position", which isn't possible for regular positions in regular Canadian companies.
On the other hand, employers like international agencies for example can easily come up with or make up a valid reason saying that they need someone who can speak a certain language, etc so that they can hire someone who will have hard time immigrating otherwise and make them work like slaves.

trust me, my company is trying its best to keep me. It's just that LMIA isn't for people who's already working for regular Canadian company.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
itainttrue said:
it's because in order for the employers to apply for the LMIA, they would need to come up with a reasoning behind "not being able to hire local people suitable for the position", which isn't possible for regular positions in regular Canadian companies.
On the other hand, employers like international agencies for example can easily come up with or make up a valid reason saying that they need someone who can speak a certain language, etc so that they can hire someone who will have hard time immigrating otherwise and make them work like slaves.

trust me, my company is trying its best to keep me. It's just that LMIA isn't for people who's already working for regular Canadian company.
I think the system is working exactly as it should. If there are Canadians or PRs that can do your job then they should get it. Everything placed on a LMIA application is subject to investigation and must be justified. LMIAs have an approval rate of just over 20% so trust me, LMIA holders are not your problem. Furthermore low skilled TFWs do not qualify under EE and those are the ones who tend to exploited. LMIA holders who are eligible for EE must also qualify for FSW so its no easier for them.

Under the old system, someone who had a valid job offer supported by an LMIA would have had to wait an eternity for their PR to come through if they did not get a work permit while waiting for PR. How does it benefit Canada when a company has demonstrated its need for a skilled worker to fill a position and is forced to wait months or years to bring that employee over?

Look at the big picture and do not allow yourself to be blinded by self interest.