Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Thank you both (Steaky and Leon) so much!! Clears up a lot for me.

Sigma

Mar 17, 2011
I am a Canadian citizen who is living in the Czech Republic. My wife is from Macedonia. We have long-term residency visas, but not permanent as we have only been here four years. To get PR in the Czech Republic we have to be here five years.

We are expecting our first baby next month. He will not be a Czech citizen as we haven't been here long enough. I'm going through the process of getting a passport and citizenship for him from the Canadian Embassy in Prague. I know that we can apply for a temporary passport a long with the citizenship application, and it the passport takes 15 days. We need to get the passport and all the paper work done in 60 days as required by Czech law.

However, the Canadian Embassy is asking us for 'proof of travel' (by train, bus, rail or car). I told them that we need the passport for the Czech visa for our baby. Shouldn't the fact that we live abroad be enough to show 'proof of travel' as in the Czech Republic it is required to have your passport with you at all times?

Can anyone offer some advice about this 'proof of travel'? Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proof of travel by car is good. How do you prove that you are planning on travelling by car? Do you know anybody you could drive to visit who would send you an invitation letter, even if you are not planning to visit at the moment?

Another way would be to book any type of refundable ticket, show it to get the passport and then cancel it and get the refund. Or even book a hotel somewhere for this summer and show that as proof of intended travel by car. You can also cancel it in good time and not have to pay.

Sigma

Mar 17, 2011
Yeah, I guess we will have to buy a bus ticket.

Seems strange to show proof of travel, since we are already in a foreign country, but it will all get sorted out. :)

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
To apply for Citizenship Certificate of the child, do Canadian Parent need to submit his Original Citizenship Certificate to the Visa Office processing the application?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, submit original proof (Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship card) confirming that one or both of the parents was a canadian citizen at the time of your child's (the applicant) birth.
see: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/citizenship_services_citoyennete/new-nouveau_cert.aspx?lang=eng

S.K said:
To apply for Citizenship Certificate of the child, do Canadian Parent need to submit his Original Citizenship Certificate to the Visa Office processing the application?

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Applying for childrens citizenship certificate, how to pay?

We are in the UK and want to get our childrens citizenship certificates but no matter how hard i look i just seem to keep going in circles when it come to paying. I know they are $75 CDollars but i can't find the best way to pay. Money order, banker draft, online??? I just keep getting sent to the same page over and over again. How do we pay to the london office?
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP :( lol thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Applying for childrens citizenship certificate, how to pay?

Did you ask the staff in the consulate?

essex0227 said:
We are in the UK and want to get our childrens citizenship certificates but no matter how hard i look i just seem to keep going in circles when it come to paying. I know they are $75 CDollars but i can't find the best way to pay. Money order, banker draft, online??? I just keep getting sent to the same page over and over again. How do we pay to the london office?
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP :( lol thanks

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Sigma said:
I am a Canadian citizen who is living in the Czech Republic. My wife is from Macedonia. We have long-term residency visas, but not permanent as we have only been here four years. To get PR in the Czech Republic we have to be here five years.

We are expecting our first baby next month. He will not be a Czech citizen as we haven't been here long enough. I'm going through the process of getting a passport and citizenship for him from the Canadian Embassy in Prague. I know that we can apply for a temporary passport a long with the citizenship application, and it the passport takes 15 days. We need to get the passport and all the paper work done in 60 days as required by Czech law.

However, the Canadian Embassy is asking us for 'proof of travel' (by train, bus, rail or car). I told them that we need the passport for the Czech visa for our baby. Shouldn't the fact that we live abroad be enough to show 'proof of travel' as in the Czech Republic it is required to have your passport with you at all times?

Can anyone offer some advice about this 'proof of travel'? Thanks
Can anyone explain why Canada is asking for "proof of travel"? Is it proof of being outside Canada that CIC wants to see? In that case, simply residing in a country abroad -- with proof of this -- should suffice, no? It should not be necessary to provide proof of travel from the foreign country of residence to other foreign countries.

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
Leon said:
To apply for a citizenship certificate, follow the instructions here:
You will send the application to the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for your area.

To sponsor your wife, follow the instructions here:
You will send the application to Mississauga where they will first approve you as a sponsor and then send your file to the embassy responsible for your area.
Hi Leon, my baby was born one week ago, i checked link you showed us, the cic requires Two (2) pieces of personal identification, such as a driver’s licence and a health insurance card, one of which must have your photo on it. but usually new born baby does not have id document, such as health card and other ID with phote on it, how to resolve this?
2, as required by document list, only birth certificate from hospital, dose this mean, we also need to have birth certificate from hospital notarized by local official organization?
3, also in terms of applicant, should baby be the applicant rather than me (canadian citizen)?

could you please answer my questions, apprecate your help!
3, about

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcavisa said:
Hi Leon, my baby was born one week ago, i checked link you showed us, the cic requires Two (2) pieces of personal identification, such as a driver's licence and a health insurance card, one of which must have your photo on it. but usually new born baby does not have id document, such as health card and other ID with phote on it, how to resolve this?
2, as required by document list, only birth certificate from hospital, dose this mean, we also need to have birth certificate from hospital notarized by local official organization?
3, also in terms of applicant, should baby be the applicant rather than me (canadian citizen)?

could you please answer my questions, apprecate your help!
3, about
Congratulations. Back to your questions:
1) you need the baby's birth certificate. if it is neither english or french, you need to translate it from a certified or notarized translator
2) the baby is the applicant. You would have to do the signing for the baby. So you would have to provide your personal identification such as driver license, SIN card etc.
3) For details, please see http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/citizenship_services_citoyennete/new-nouveau_cert.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
Thank you very much Steaky, very helpful!!!
one more question, should I submit in beijing consulate or shanghai, hongkong? which one is faster? i bet they require same documents