4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Leon said:
You can find your passport application forms at http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/index.aspx?lang=eng For the baby, you have to start by applying for the certificate of citizenship through the Canadian embassy where you are. You can find the forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp The processing time is long but you can apply for a temporary passport for the baby at the embassy once you have applied for the citizenship certificate. You can also ask to have the citizenship certificate expedited if you have plans to travel with the baby in the near future.
Where the Chinese spouse got PR via Hong Kong, do they also apply to Hong Kong for a citizenship certificate when they have a baby? Or do they go to the Beijing embassy? They live in Shenzhen, in mainland China. (I guess they could email the embassy for that information, right?)

They are worried that the Canadian parent must provide certain pieces of identification with the application, and the process for the certificate will take about a year. The Canadian parent cannto do without identification that long. Will Canada return the identification well before the certificate?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they live in Shenzhen, it would be best to go to Hong Kong (just cross the border). Otherwise, they can go to any Canadian consulate including Shanghai. It would be better to go in person because your identifications can be returned to you almost immediately.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcavisa said:
can anyone answer my questions?

1, I am sending citizenship application for my new born baby girl, in the signature page, "signature of applicant" and "signature of parent", do i sign in both boxes or leave the "signature of applicant" blank?
2, I have official birth certificate and also marriage certificate from Notary office, but when I read guideline, Do I have to provide Certified Copy of my ID, such as my passport, citizenship card, driver's license? or I just photocopies IDs and send them to consulate.
3, about Name Change, since my baby was born in China, and it is Chinese name on the certificate, if i want to change her name into English name on the "citizenship certificate", can I just change her name on the application form, "3B, request for a different name..." ? I read the guideline, which requires a bunch of documents that i don't have.
4, Since my baby is in China and I work in Canada/US, just want to make sure I am still suppose to mail application to Beijing consulate, not in Canada, correct?

Thank you very much!!
I submitted the child's application in person so hope others will answer your queries about mailing. However, you don't have to submit it in Beijing. If your baby lives in Shanghai, send it to the consulate in Shanghai. If Guangzhou, send it Hong Kong. About name change, I think it works the same as adults by filling out 3B, request for a different name. You can always check about that with CIC using the toll free 1-888 number.

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
steaky said:
I submitted the child's application in person so hope others will answer your queries about mailing. However, you don't have to submit it in Beijing. If your baby lives in Shanghai, send it to the consulate in Shanghai. If Guangzhou, send it Hong Kong. About name change, I think it works the same as adults by filling out 3B, request for a different name. You can always check about that with CIC using the toll free 1-888 number.
could you please answer my first three questions? especially the one with certificate copy, did you ask anyone to certified true copy for your passport and other ID with photo?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcavisa said:
could you please answer my first three questions? especially the one with certificate copy, did you ask anyone to certified true copy for your passport and other ID with photo?
No, I just bring the original passport and citizenship card with me to the consulate and the officer took a look and returned them to me immediately.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
steaky said:
No, I just bring the original passport and citizenship card with me to the consulate and the officer took a look and returned them to me immediately.
Thanks, Steaky.

+1 for all your help.

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
steaky said:
not sure how does this work, I am in Canada and will mail application to China, should I mail original?

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
steaky said:
Hi Steaky, how about the first question, do i need to sign in both box or i only sign the second one, leave the first box blank? appreciate your help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcavisa said:
Hi Steaky, how about the first question, do i need to sign in both box or i only sign the second one, leave the first box blank? appreciate your help
Since you are in Canada, I would suggest you calling CIC to get all your answers.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carabine said:
I would like to help, but I am not very understanding of a corresponding law in Canada, he is now not in Canada! :(
Are you a foreign worker in Canada looking for jobs? Who's he not in Canada?

MEV

Sep 3, 2011
I am Canadian citizen and I have two children who were born in U.S. I moved back to Canada last year with my family. I got my kids health card made right away.Which were only valid for a year. I was under the impression that they are already Canadian because of me so I did not get their passports and citizenship cards made right away. Now it's been a year and their health cards expired and when I went in to get them renewed I was told that I need to provide proof of citizenship and the lady also told me that getting the passport and citizenship cards made will take almost a year. That means my kids will be without health coverage for a year. I thought that getting passports for border babies did not take that long. Please someone help me here, I need to get their health cards renewed how long will it take to get the citizenship cards and passports made for border babies.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you apply for their citizenship cards, explain your situation and ask for them to be expedited. I have heard of people getting citizenship cards in as little as 1-2 months.

aikarex

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPT. 23, 2011 (CIC-M Rcvd SEPT. 26, 2011) (Sponsor DM NOV. 29, 2011)
File Transfer...
DEC. 13, 2011
Med's Done....
JULY 27, 2011
Passport Req..
DEC. 22,2011 (Sent DEC. 28, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
FEB. 23, 2012 DM: FEB. 15,2012
LANDED..........
JUNE 7, 2012
hi..i need your help guys..im from the Philippines and married to a filipino husband(but now he is a canadian citizen already).we have a 3y/0 son. my questions are these:

1. we filed our application under family class including my son's application, it was too late for me to realize that we should filed it separately,mine under spousal category and my son under application citizenship certificate category

2.if there's a possible problem that we might encounter?regarding on this matter?

3.what should we do? do we have to apply for our son's citizenship while waiting for the result of our application under family class sponsorship?

thanks..

aikarex

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPT. 23, 2011 (CIC-M Rcvd SEPT. 26, 2011) (Sponsor DM NOV. 29, 2011)
File Transfer...
DEC. 13, 2011
Med's Done....
JULY 27, 2011
Passport Req..
DEC. 22,2011 (Sent DEC. 28, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
FEB. 23, 2012 DM: FEB. 15,2012
LANDED..........
JUNE 7, 2012
aikarex said:
hi..i need your help guys..im from the Philippines and married to a filipino husband(but now he is a canadian citizen already).we have a 3y/0 son. my questions are these:

1. we filed our application under family class including my son's application, it was too late for me to realize that we should filed it separately,mine under spousal category and my son under application citizenship certificate category

2.if there's a possible problem that we might encounter?regarding on this matter?

3.what should we do? do we have to apply for our son's citizenship while waiting for the result of our application under family class sponsorship?

thanks..

ff up question..any idea how long it will take to process citizenship of my son?thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was your husband a citizen at the time your son was born? If he was already, your son is already a citizen and does not need to be sponsored. You should apply for his citizenship certificate through the embassy. You should tell the visa office then that you made a mistake including him in your PR application and ask for him to be taken out as he is already a citizen. The processing time is supposed to be over a year but if you have applied already, you can get some type of temporary travel document for your son in order to go to Canada. It is also possible to ask for expedited processing if you are planning to move soon. Once you get the citizenship card, you can apply for his Canadian passport.

If your husband was not yet a citizen at the time your son was born, you were right to include him in your PR application and do not need to take any action.