Child born to a Canadian Citizen outside Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aulia said:
Dear Leon

Thank you so much for our quick response.

During stay 3 years as PR in Canada, can we go outside Canada?? like an example holiday or visit home Indonesia??
In order to qualify to apply for citizenship, you need 1095 days in Canada (3 years) in the 4 year period before you apply. If you leave Canada for a holiday, you delay the date you are eligible to apply for citizenship by the same number of days.

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I have sent proof of my son's citizenship (my passport photocopy), Citizenship Fee Receipt which I paid online, his citizenship photos (2), his Afghan Passport, recipt of payment for visa one time entry and a letter asking for a facilitation visa. Also I added a travel itinary for me, my son and my wife for travel to Canada April 25. My wife recieved her Passport back with visa stampted one day before Canada Visa Office Islamabad recieved my son's documents and passport. Islamabad has recieved all this on March 4, 2013.

My question is when can I expect my son's passport back?
Will they issue it closer to my travel date or earlier like in 15-20 days or not at all

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If they write to submit originals, they want you to submit originals. They will return them again.
|

Hi Leon CHC-Islamabad has returned my son's passport and all documents except for the citizenship application I sent on behalf of my son, and the reciept of payment, and the photocopy of my Canadian Passport but they returned everything else including my son's photo's (citizenship photo's). They did not give him a visa and sent a letter saying my application for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is incomplete as I have not submitted the 2 forms (IMM 5257 and IMM 5645).

But I never applied for a TRV as I applied for a facilitation visa, so why are they asking me for this? I even wrote a letter stating I am applying for a facilitation visa and gave all documents required including the reciept of visa one time entry fee. This is starting to drain on me as now my wife has been accepted and I am leaving in middle of may and want them to come with me. What do I do.

Isn't TRV for people who want to come to Canada and can show that they will leave. They obviously will know that my son is not going to leave since he is a Canadian and his mom has become a Permanent Resident.

What do I do Leon?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not know if they have specific forms for facilitation visa but you could use a form for a TRV and write on it somewhere that what you really want is not a TRV but a facilitation visa for your child as you want to take him to Canada and you have already applied for his citizenship certificate as they know.

Include a print-out of this bulletin in case they haven't seen it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob154.asp and you must also include proof of travel to show that you are not able to wait for the citizenship certificate and get him a passport.

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
I do not know if they have specific forms for facilitation visa but you could use a form for a TRV and write on it somewhere that what you really want is not a TRV but a facilitation visa for your child as you want to take him to Canada and you have already applied for his citizenship certificate as they know.

Include a print-out of this bulletin in case they haven't seen it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob154.asp and you must also include proof of travel to show that you are not able to wait for the citizenship certificate and get him a passport.
Hi Leon the problem is I already did that. I sent his passport, passportt size photo's, letter requesting facilitation visa, payment of TRV single entry, Citizenship Application, photocopy of my Canadian Passport and even the bulletin. They returnned everything back 8 days later except for the Citizenship Application, reciept of citizenship and my photocopy of Passport. They sent a letter stating my application for TRV is incomplete and I must fill out two forms TRV form and Family Information Form.

I have a feeling they lost my Citizenship Application because why would they send the photo's back to me that is required for citizenship application. Should I also resubmit the citizenship form again?

What if I send two applications one for Facilitation Visa and one for Canadian Passport?
If so should I send them in one envelope or two different packages?

Also for Canadian Passport Application it asks for Ceritifcate of Canadian Citizenship (Original Only). It asks fort Certificate number. But he does not have it as it takes almost a yr?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masoud100 said:
Hi Leon the problem is I already did that. I sent his passport, passportt size photo's, letter requesting facilitation visa, payment of TRV single entry, Citizenship Application, photocopy of my Canadian Passport and even the bulletin. They returnned everything back 8 days later except for the Citizenship Application, reciept of citizenship and my photocopy of Passport. They sent a letter stating my application for TRV is incomplete and I must fill out two forms TRV form and Family Information Form.
So maybe the problem is that you sent a letter and not a form. Send everything again and this time include the forms they said you were missing. Write on them that you are requesting a facilitation visa based on your need to travel.

You also need to send proof of travel so buy some airline tickets, get ones that you can get refunded in case you can't use them and show proof of purchase. Make it about 3 months from now. That should hopefully be enough time for them to give him a visa. You said your wife has her PR visa already so she needs to land before it expires. How long does she have?

huggie11

Mar 17, 2013
Help please! My mother was born in the UK and immigrated to Canada in the late 1930's.
She then met my father, a U.S. citizen and after getting married in the USA, became a U.S citizen.
I was born in 1952 in the USA. My mother is now deceased and I have her Canadian passport.
I'm retired and financially independent and would like to move me, my wife and children to Canada.
Is it possible that I qualify for a Canadian passport?
If so, would some kind person send me the link to the proper form to fill out?
Thanks for your kindness.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huggie11 said:
Help please! My mother was born in the UK and immigrated to Canada in the late 1930's.
She then met my father, a U.S. citizen and after getting married in the USA, became a U.S citizen.
I was born in 1952 in the USA. My mother is now deceased and I have her Canadian passport.
I'm retired and financially independent and would like to move me, my wife and children to Canada.
Is it possible that I qualify for a Canadian passport?
If so, would some kind person send me the link to the proper form to fill out?
Thanks for your kindness.
It depends on a few factors. Canadians were considered British subjects until 1947 and it is also possible that under the law back then, she lost her Canadian citizenship when she took US citizenship unless the passport you have is more recent. However, you don't lose anything by applying, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp for the forms.

If it turns out that you are a Canadian citizen, that doesn't necessarily mean that your children are too. If they aren't, depending on how old they are, you may or may not be able to sponsor them for permanent residency. You can sponsor your wife though.

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
So maybe the problem is that you sent a letter and not a form. Send everything again and this time include the forms they said you were missing. Write on them that you are requesting a facilitation visa based on your need to travel.

You also need to send proof of travel so buy some airline tickets, get ones that you can get refunded in case you can't use them and show proof of purchase. Make it about 3 months from now. That should hopefully be enough time for them to give him a visa. You said your wife has her PR visa already so she needs to land before it expires. How long does she have?
Ok I will do that, but I cant have it in 3 months. Is just a travel itineray good enough. Because I made one one month ago for all 3 of us but got it cancelled after printing the travel itinary. I cannot have our flight 3 months from now because currently I am here in Pakistan with them and they do not extend visas so I have to leave by May. And my wife's Visa is valid for 1 yr. I want all of us to leave together since it will be too much stress for my wife to go by herself. My travel itinery states I am leaving in end of April. Isn't Facilitation Visa issued duie to urgent travel. So just over 1 month would be considered urgent. I just dont want to send it and have it rejected again.

What about for Canadian Passport application it asks for Certificate of Canadian Citizenship Number and original copy as well. I thought you can get a Canadian Passport as long as they know you applied for it and not have recieved the certificate yet? Because the certificate will take close to a year.

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:

Hey Leon the last time I sent all the files asking for a facilitation visa, I sent it to CHC-Islamabad Visa Section. They returned it all back telling me to fill out these forms. After reading the original e-mail they sent to my MP at the bottom it said that send a copy of birth certificate, payment of visa fee, my passport copy to the Immigration Section. So this time I mailed everything to the Immigration Section.

Do you think it was correct for me to mail everything including his passport to the Immigration Section?

jadecarmel

Apr 6, 2013
hi, i have a 3 year year old daughter with a canadian father, but her dad is already managing his business in dubai for a couple of years now. My daughter is now in Philippines with me, i was never married with her dad, im wondering if she is qualified for the citizenship?? thanks

ur answers will be very much appreciated,, :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jadecarmel said:
hi, i have a 3 year year old daughter with a canadian father, but her dad is already managing his business in dubai for a couple of years now. My daughter is now in Philippines with me, i was never married with her dad, im wondering if she is qualified for the citizenship?? thanks

ur answers will be very much appreciated,, :)
Yes, if he was a citizen before she was born and he himself was either born in Canada or immigrated, she can get citizenship, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp

You will need the co-operation of the father as he will need to provide proof that he is a citizen and it is possible that immigration will ask for a DNA test to prove that he is the father.

CanPakGal

Apr 2, 2013
Update on my own situation:

I had applied for a proof of citizenship for my baby born in Pakistan last August 2012. The CHC Islamabad is one of the slowest, and worst Canadian embassies in the world.

I have already written to my MP and she has promised she will follow up with CIC - and forward my complaints.

I would suggest everyone who is disappointed at CHC Islamabad's poor service, and lack of urgency, should write directly to their MP's - because otherwise the problem will only get worse and not better.

Anyway, after running around for my baby's proof of citizenship - I asked for a limited validity passport last week - and enclosed all original documents and fees, only to be told by the high commission after I called them that it will take at least 7-8 weeks to process the application and not to call them before that!!!! This despite it being an urgent application!!

Such is the professionalism of the CHC Islamabad - they are supposed to help facilitate Canadians but they do nothing except make our lives more stressful and difficult !

Ramin100

Apr 13, 2013
Hi there,
My wife had urgent childbirth (twin)on Aug2011 in our trip.I applied for their passport and citizenship certificate in canadian emmbasy and I wrote in my application I want to get citizenship card in toronto and after getting the passports of child(after 15 days) we came to canada with them.
I am canadian citizen and my wife is canadian ,too.
Now after 17 mounths we dont get the cards and we didnt hear anything from cic.
Do you know what am I doing now?
THX