+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Before you download the forms ... I recommend you guys to read this and to make sure you have it all !!!

Step 3 – Gather your documents
Submit the following documents with your application:

• original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407
  • photocopies of one of your immigration documents:
    • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
    • Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
    • Verification of Status document
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • If you are 18 to 54 years old:
    • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
      • results of a third-party language test;
      • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
      • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.
        OR
    • If you are 18-54 years of age and unable to demonstrate that you have the necessary English or French language ability due to a medical condition, you must submit a supporting evidence with your application. Please provide photocopies of one of the following:
      • An audiogram and an attestation issued by a Canadian audiologist if you are hearing impaired; or
      • Evidence from a medical practitioner in Canada if you have a disorder, disability or condition that is cognitive, psychiatric or physiological in nature.
  • two (2) identical citizenship photos
  • The application fee of $630.00 per adult paid online. Use the Document Checklist (CIT 0007) (PDF, 1.83 MB) to make sure your application package is complete. Submit the completed checklist with your application.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Physical presence calculator is not working...
I think the tool is being heavily utilized right now. Every entry submission takes a while.
I just timed-out making an absence entry and can't re-establish the tool.

I can tell getting all of this entered in on the tool is going to be the most time-consuming part of this.

Does anyone know of a way to expedite entry of the entry of absences from Canada in the calculation tool? Every entry requires 1 minute or more to complete once the entry is submitted. Sometimes it times and you need to load the tool and re-enter the absence that timed-out.

Last edited:

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hey guys I have a query on question 11 name of contact, what is that? Plus how do I indicate my term as a student? The day I defended my degree or convocation day?? As I started my job just a day before my convocation

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Hey guys I have a query on question 11 name of contact, what is that? Plus how do I indicate my term as a student? The day I defended my degree or convocation day?? As I started my job just a day before my convocation
I would state the day before you started your job as the last day as a student.
If they want a contact for your degree program, I would put either the contact at the department office of your faculty or the main university office.

sordi2006

Feb 13, 2014
Geez, what a disaster...
1) Got an error in the middle of the payment processing. The money got deducted from my credit card BUT didn't receive any emails or emails from the CIC.
2) Filled in the CIT 0002 form and can't event print it now....
Tomorrow morning will be much worse - I'm sure the vast majority of applicants just wanted to fill everything in tomorrow, not at midnight...

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
I have confusion about the new application form:
- In question 10, it asks "where have you lived during your eligibility period". Do we need to list details of short-term visits to other countries as a tourist (like for one or two weeks)?
- In question 11, it asks for "the name of contact, phone number and email address" for each activity. Shall we fill in the applicant info or the info of employer, school, etc.?

NNL

Nov 5, 2012
I have confusion about the new application form:
- In question 10, it asks "where have you lived during your eligibility period". Do we need to list details of short-term visits to other countries as a tourist (like for one or two weeks)?
- In question 11, it asks for "the name of contact, phone number and email address" for each activity. Shall we fill in the applicant info or the info of employer, school, etc.?
1. I don't think so.

2. My understanding is that it is for the contact person/department, not applicant's contact details.

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Combined with I94 report and passport stamps
  • Check tomorrow if the document list still says that you need a PCC if you've been to a country 183 days in the last four years. The expected answer is yes, but feel free to check tomorrow.
  • If Yes and the threshold is still four years, then you need the PCC from the US
  • If No and the threshold changed to three years, then you don't need the PCC from the US
Spyfy and everyone on this thread - any help would be much appreciated!

I finally accounted every absence from 2012. and i did noticed a few things:
  • One of the reasons i went over the 183 days was that i included 2 separate cruises into USA visits. Ex, I flew from Canada to NYC on May 19th for a cruise departing from New Jersey to the Caribbeans. Returned to NJ on May 28th and Flew right back to Canada on the same day. However, i do not have any stamps to prove that I did leave USA and ported at Mexico etc. How exactly should i deal with this situation? if i do not include these 8 days and another 8 days from another cruise (also the caribbeans), i do not exceed the 183days.
  • I arrived in Canada in 2005-12, PR in 2013-08. The new calculator did state that my eligibility period is from 2012-10-11 to 2017-10-11 and it asked me to list all travels from 2012-10-11. But do the visits from 2012-10-11 to 2013-10-11 still count towards the 183 days rule?
  • I do have many many short visits to USA. i94 helps a ton to track down each visit. However, it didn't provide much data in 2012. at least not for me. and i did not have nexus back then. the stamps are not easy to read at all. I wonder if i made any mistakes for the travels in 2012. I dont know how strict the case officer will be? Do they have a better history? Would they just correct the dates if i made any mistakes? I just hope they don't easily send back my application because of a mistake
Again thank you so much for your help on this.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
spyfy

IS IT OK IF I SOMONE SUBMIT A POLICE CERTIFICATE THAT IS 3 YEARS OLD !

IF SOMONE DONE A POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM HIS HOME COUNTRY BEFORE HE MOVED TO CANADA THEN APPLIED FOR HIS CITIZENSHIP 3 YEARS FROM LANDING , DOES THIS MEAN WE SHOULD GET A NEW ONE OR NO NEED.

THE REASON I'M ASKING THIS IS BECAUSE AFTER THE POLICE CERTIFICATE IS ISSUED THE APPLICANT WOULD LIVED A COUPLE OF EXTRA DAYS IN HIS HOME COUNTRY BEFORE MOVING TO CANADA. SO IS IT OK TO SUBMIT? (ASSUMING THE APPLICANT DID NOT VISIT HIS HOME COUNTRY SINCE THE POLICE CERTIFICATE WAS ISSUED 3 YEARS BACK )

THANKS