AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I am curious to know why you care. If you cannot apply soon enough, why discourage people that are due on Oct 11 and ready to apply right away???
I think the point was that the forms that are currently available will fall under the 4/6 rule and NOT the 3/5 rule. So those who are filling up the forms in anticipation of the new 3/5 will have their applications rejected because those applications will be for the 4/6 year rule and those people will not meet that particular criteria.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
I think the point was that the forms that are currently available will fall under the 4/6 rule and NOT the 3/5 rule. So those who are filling up the forms in anticipation of the new 3/5 will have their applications rejected because those applications will be for the 4/6 year rule and those people will not meet that particular criteria.
OK. I understand now. I guess these people are just hoping the new forms will be rolled in anytime after midnight, plus the date at the bottom of the form will definitely change too. Thanks

m.dassuj

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Doc's Request.
22-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Check the calculator! Is updated
Good luck with applications

Reactions: Nader. and mreda13

sordi2006

Feb 13, 2014
Guys, I have a question - if the below clause (that is currently in the CIT 002 form) will stay in the updated form, doest it imply that I won't be able to send my application on the 11th (with the new rules I was eligible to apply a year ago, with the old rules I could only apply in 6 months) but they only go into effect on the 11th of October?
"IMPORTANT NOTE:
Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application"

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
A question for spyfy: I am not getting any straight answer for this:

a question on filling the addresses and activities section of the application: should we worry when there is a 2 or 3 day gap between arriving from Canada and abroad? Like for example I exited Canada on 1st of Jan 2014 and arrived on 4th of Jan 2014. In between there is a 3 day gap which I was in international transit both in the addresses and work history. I dont want this to be the reason for the application being returned. BUT at the same time it is not correct to just jump from 1st of Jan. to 2nd of Jan... any advice?

NNL

Nov 5, 2012
Hi guys, couple of questions:

1. Should we write our name only at the back of one of the photos, or both of them? The stamp that London Drugs employee has put is at the back of only one photo, as this used to be the practice.

2. The updated physical presence calculator doesn't show any issues for applying on the 11th. I assume this would mean we can sign and submit the application tomorrow?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, couple of questions:

1. Should we write our name only at the back of one of the photos, or both of them? The stamp that London Drugs employee has put is at the back of only one photo, as this used to be the practice.

2. The updated physical presence calculator doesn't show any issues for applying on the 11th. I assume this would mean we can sign and submit the application tomorrow?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp states that you need to "Print the name of the person on the back of the photos."

2. Did you select tomorrow as the app date? Does the calculator state that you have "1,095 days in the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application." If so, you're good.

babak3215

Oct 9, 2017
Hi guys,

In the updated physical presence calculator form, IRCC placed this sentence:

"Your eligibility period is ... to ..., you will need this for your application form."

Does anyone knows, what exactly this means?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I am curious to know why you care. If you cannot apply soon enough, why discourage people that are due on Oct 11 and ready to apply right away???
I am not discouraging people to apply right away. I'm simply giving the (subjective!) advice to rather submit it some days later than to rush it on the very first day to make sure that everything is in order. I am saying that delays due to incomplete/half-baked applications are a much more imminent problem then delays due to submitting the application 1-10 days later than technically possible.

Reactions: NNL and irieempress

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi guys,

In the updated physical presence calculator form, IRCC placed this sentence:

"Your eligibility period is ... to ..., you will need this for your application form."

Does anyone knows, what exactly this means?
Ehm... you will need those dates to fill the form?

Reactions: irieempress