Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Guys, I have a question - if the below clause (that is currently in the CIT 002 form) will stay in the updated form, doest it imply that I won't be able to send my application on the 11th (with the new rules I was eligible to apply a year ago, with the old rules I could only apply in 6 months) but they only go into effect on the 11th of October?
"IMPORTANT NOTE:
Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application"
Please make the effort of reading previous posts. It is exhausting for us to answer the same question every ten minutes. Thanks! :)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
A question for spyfy: I am not getting any straight answer for this:

a question on filling the addresses and activities section of the application: should we worry when there is a 2 or 3 day gap between arriving from Canada and abroad? Like for example I exited Canada on 1st of Jan 2014 and arrived on 4th of Jan 2014. In between there is a 3 day gap which I was in international transit both in the addresses and work history. I dont want this to be the reason for the application being returned. BUT at the same time it is not correct to just jump from 1st of Jan. to 2nd of Jan... any advice?
The old form is very explicit regarding work and address history and I doubt that this will change on the new form:
If you miss any period of time during the relevant period, your application will be returned to you.

What I would do in your position is to list those three days as in transit. So simply put the exact dates of being in transit and if you want to be extra double sure write "see attached explanation". Then attach a document saying "Explanation regarding Question X" and explain that it took you three days to get to Canada, where you transited, what you did for the three days (I would assume you had some overnight hotel stays).

That is my recommendation.

The most important one is: Any gap will lead to refusal of your application. It says so in the form!

Reactions: Kamran2015

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hi guys,

In the updated physical presence calculator form, IRCC placed this sentence:

"Your eligibility period is ... to ..., you will need this for your application form."

Does anyone knows, what exactly this means?
The first question the calculator asks you is "*Enter the date you will sign the application". It will count 5 years before that date and will ask you to enter the details of your whereabouts for that date range.

For example, if you will sign your application on 11th October 2017, then the calculator will tell you to enter your whereabouts for all days between 11th October 2012 to 11th October 2017 = 5 years before application.

NNL

Nov 5, 2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp states that you need to "Print the name of the person on the back of the photos."

2. Did you select tomorrow as the app date? Does the calculator state that you have "1,095 days in the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application." If so, you're good.
thanks @jsm0085. I assume I might as well go ahead and ask to stamp both photos (currently only one is stamped), for the same reason. Do other people face the same issue that only one photo has been stamped?

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
The old form is very explicit regarding work and address history and I doubt that this will change on the new form:
If you miss any period of time during the relevant period, your application will be returned to you.

What I would do in your position is to list those three days as in transit. So simply put the exact dates of being in transit and if you want to be extra double sure write "see attached explanation". Then attach a document saying "Explanation regarding Question X" and explain that it took you three days to get to Canada, where you transited, what you did for the three days (I would assume you had some overnight hotel stays).

That is my recommendation.

The most important one is: Any gap will lead to refusal of your application. It says so in the form!
Thanks spyfy. Your positive attitude towards bill C6 was a great relief back when people were talking about the implementation date.

Reactions: spyfy

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Gentlemen, how about you let those IT admins do their job and simply check the forms in, like, 30 minutes? :)

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Gentlemen, how about you let those IT admins do their job and simply check the forms in, like, 30 minutes? :)
Actually they just finished their work. I see new forms all refreshed. I am using the time to read the instruction guide.

@All

READ THE INSTRUCTION GUIDE! Even better, read it twice! Before you download anything. There are new stuff that needs attention! Pay attention also to the wording! Good luck ...