+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP test scores so ridiculous

tantan911

May 16, 2018
I got my score today. I was so afraid from the reading and speaking. anyway, I got the following score:

L9
R8
S7
W6 !!!

I just need CLB 7 to open express entry profile. I was so confident with my writing specially that I have studied their official materials very well.

I made a remark for writing. Do you think they will level me up from 6 to at least 7 ? :(

CANADA2002

Apr 24, 2018
I got my score today. I was so afraid from the reading and speaking. anyway, I got the following score:

L9
R8
S7
W6 !!!

I just need CLB 7 to open express entry profile. I was so confident with my writing specially that I have studied their official materials very well.

I made a remark for writing. Do you think they will level me up from 6 to at least 7 ? :(
I am waiting for my re-evaluation's result ( speaking module ) and will let you know as soon as possible :) As to writing, I studied and memorized their materials as well so I got W 7.

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey guys!

I just wasted $110 dollars. Got L12 R12 W9 S8. Asked for re-evaluation in W and S and nothing changed.

Going for IELTS.

Reactions: dineshs

CANADA2002

Apr 24, 2018
I got my CELPIC reevaluation's result and mark is the same. It is weird as I got prepared better this time.
I am going for IELTS.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
OMG this test IS ridiculous. I agree with all the previous posters here. Listen, English is my first language. I have been speaking it and thinking in it for 40 years and I only scored an 8 on the writing? I can't even believe it. I am going to ask for a reevaluation.

Here's my score:
L12
R11
W8
S12

arr2036

Jul 17, 2018
Also a native English speaker. The writing module was my lowest too (L11, R12, W10, S11). I'm wondering if they're judging on "Canadianess".

I'd definitely request a re-evaluation.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
OMG this test IS ridiculous. I agree with all the previous posters here. Listen, English is my first language. I have been speaking it and thinking in it for 40 years and I only scored an 8 on the writing? I can't even believe it. I am going to ask for a reevaluation.

Here's my score:
L12
R11
W8
S12
I had the same thing. They brought my 8 up to a 10. I sent them feedback on the writing section suggesting that they expand it to either add a third writing section or make one of the sections have a longer word count (like 300-400), because it's too short to demonstrate that you can construct cohesive, complex arguments at native speaker level.

Reactions: skye

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
I had the same thing. They brought my 8 up to a 10. I sent them feedback on the writing section suggesting that they expand it to either add a third writing section or make one of the sections have a longer word count (like 300-400), because it's too short to demonstrate that you can construct cohesive, complex arguments at native speaker level.
How did you send them feedback? I would like to send them feedback as well. I can't believe that they are responsible for evaluating how well someone speaks English. I feel like this whole testing racket is a scam, since they are marking NATIVE SPEAKERS as only "adequate knowledge" of English. There is something really wrong with that.

Reactions: dineshs

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
How did you send them feedback? I would like to send them feedback as well. I can't believe that they are responsible for evaluating how well someone speaks English. I feel like this whole testing racket is a scam, since they are marking NATIVE SPEAKERS as only "adequate knowledge" of English. There is something really wrong with that.
I emailed them at info@celpip.ca and asked if they accepted feedback on the exams. They created a ticket for me and told me to reply to the email with my feedback. Afterwards they thanked me for my feedback and said it was appreciated.

Reactions: skye

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Okay, I thought I would follow up here. So my husband and I spent $50 on the study guides for the Celpip and took the test again. My husband did very well this time and I, again, got only an 8 on the Writing section. I, again, asked for reevaluation. Since my husband is the main applicant, this is okay, but I am still upset about this. I studied their guides and did what they said to do, plus I am a native English speaker. I believe their instructions are not clear about what they are really looking for. They want something someone would hand into a teacher for a paper in High School, not examples of real letters or emails that you would write.

Scores first time: After 1st Reevaluation: Scores Second Time:

Me:
L12.........................L12.....................................L12
R11.........................R11....................................R11
W8..........................W8.....................................W8
S12.........................S12....................................S12

Husband:
L12........................L12.....................................L12
R12.......................R12.....................................R12
W7........................W8......................................W11
S12.......................S12.....................................S12

Reactions: OriginalCraker