Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Were some replies deleted from here? Because of f word?
I was actually wondering about the same thing as the last poster. I think we should unite and do class action lawsuit against CELPIP. Is it allowed to incite people into lawsuit?
And you're gonna base your lawsuit on what exactly? You should use that time and effort to either improve your English or take IELTS if you think CELPIP is a scam.

Have any of you actually gotten significantly better IELTS scores compared to CELPIP?

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
And you're gonna base your lawsuit on what exactly? You should use that time and effort to either improve your English or take IELTS if you think CELPIP is a scam.

Have any of you actually gotten significantly better IELTS scores compared to CELPIP?
Yes, we pretty much all did. They are giving CLB 7, me for example. IELTS gave CLB 9. There are lots who got CLB 10 after 7 from CELPIP.

We are going to base it on their scammy behaviour.

Do you work for CELPIP or something?

Endriking

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
My reply was deleted because of the f word. I got an 8 in the speaking part on the IELTS test and I got an 8 on CELPIP. An 8 on Ielts is more like an 11 on CELPIP. People that have done other compatible tests have a proven track record to be way better than CELPIP is scoring them. There’s a power in numbers especially after these people have tried re-evaluation. Sometimes the big guys that feel powerful and untouchable need a scolding lesson.

I don’t need to study again I already have initial advanced and up on all the sections of Ielts. I did the test for a mere 6 points.

Reactions: CANADA2002

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Do you work for CELPIP or something?
Of course I don't, what a ridiculous assumption. I just don't think you have a solid case at all. Besides, for every person who complains about CELPIP I'm sure there are hundreds who don't.

Endriking

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Of course I don't, what a ridiculous assumption. I just don't think you have a solid case at all. Besides, for every person who complains about CELPIP I'm sure there are hundreds who don't.
There is definitely a case here. People have spent hundreds of dollars here on a scam.

There are two ways to prove that they are a scam. If a court orders them to provide all results you can easily compare within its sections. How is it possible that people do way better on reading and listening than writing or speaking within celpip and secondly, we can provide our ielts scores for those sections and we can compare it to CELPIP. Obviously the best way to win against them so they will reimburse millions of dollars or get to pay millions of dollars in fines would be to actually force them to release the results so a study can be made to show that there is a pattern of grading much below someone's abilities.

I studied French from scratch for 8 months and I was able to score on the TEF writing section CLB 8. While I have studied English all my life and I completed my Bachelors with a 3.9 and all my English classes were A grades. I took the ilets twice and both times was awarded advanced English in writing while CElPIP decides my writing is worse than my French writing. I know that just one person does not make a pattern but it is very rare for people to comment that the CELPIP is better than the IELTS in here. There is your pattern.

I wish I had read this forum before paying for CELPIP. People need to avoid this exam like the plague.

CANADA2002

Apr 24, 2018
Were some replies deleted from here? Because of f word?
I was actually wondering about the same thing as the last poster. I think we should unite and do class action lawsuit against CELPIP. Is it allowed to incite people into lawsuit?
We need to close this money hungry machine. CELPIP is completely unprofessional and ridiculous.

Reactions: Hopeful007

deepiristo

Nov 11, 2018
I just come to know that in speaking module, questions disappear from screen after preparation time, is it true?

Can anyone share his/her experience of exam?

CANADA2002

Apr 24, 2018
There is definitely a case here. People have spent hundreds of dollars here on a scam.

There are two ways to prove that they are a scam. If a court orders them to provide all results you can easily compare within its sections. How is it possible that people do way better on reading and listening than writing or speaking within celpip and secondly, we can provide our ielts scores for those sections and we can compare it to CELPIP. Obviously the best way to win against them so they will reimburse millions of dollars or get to pay millions of dollars in fines would be to actually force them to release the results so a study can be made to show that there is a pattern of grading much below someone's abilities.

I studied French from scratch for 8 months and I was able to score on the TEF writing section CLB 8. While I have studied English all my life and I completed my Bachelors with a 3.9 and all my English classes were A grades. I took the ilets twice and both times was awarded advanced English in writing while CElPIP decides my writing is worse than my French writing. I know that just one person does not make a pattern but it is very rare for people to comment that the CELPIP is better than the IELTS in here. There is your pattern.

I wish I had read this forum before paying for CELPIP. People need to avoid this exam like the plague.
I personally spent for these scammers roughly more than $1,000 and I graduated from a college in Canada.

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
I am taking my Celpip exam on Friday 26th of July this month. Can anyone give advice on what else to use to prepare. I have been studying for it for about 3 weeks now. I used a material i bought from their website. Although, i took the IELTS before and i had LSRW 6.5, 8, 6.5, 5.5 the first time and second time LSRW 7, 7, 6, 6.5. i need at least a CLB 9. I will appreciate suggestions and advice from anyone. Thanks in advance.

DEEP3694

Aug 18, 2017
Hello,
I gave my celpip on July 13th. I was not sure about speaking section I thought I did bad but results came out better than expected.
CLB 9 in listening and reading should be easy given your ielts score but listening is a bit different so get used to this format.
Writing it will be tricky to get to CLB 9 so remember some sentences from your materials or online websites and words that you can fit into any topic.
In speaking I would say just be confident, do not feel pressure about the time few seconds less or more will not hurt you.
Good luck.

Reactions: Iammanythings

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
Hello,
I gave my celpip on July 13th. I was not sure about speaking section I thought I did bad but results came out better than expected.
CLB 9 in listening and reading should be easy given your ielts score but listening is a bit different so get used to this format.
Writing it will be tricky to get to CLB 9 so remember some sentences from your materials or online websites and words that you can fit into any topic.
In speaking I would say just be confident, do not feel pressure about the time few seconds less or more will not hurt you.
Good luck.
Thank you so much. I will work on it and if i may ask? What were your scores in the Celpip

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
LRWS:12,12,9,8.
Wow thats very interesting. Does it mean that you scored everything in L and R because i don't really know what you need to do to score a 12. Or will you tell me you can't really remember missing any of the question in L and R? and i heard some part are not scored. do you think it will be the tough questions or may be the easy ones.

DEEP3694

Aug 18, 2017
I think you can get 2-3 questions wrong or missed and still get 12. The raw scores are on their website for listening and reading.
I believe the unscored items are the tough ones. They would be the questions where you need to have a little bit advanced vocabulary to get it right. I recall receiving such questions in both sections. I probably got couple wrong in each section.