+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP test scores so ridiculous

liuox

Mar 27, 2018
Unfortunately after two tries, I can confidently say CELPIP definitely keeps your old score as a reference to judge your new one.
My first try L:11 R:12 W:8 S:9
Second try L:12 R:12 W:8 S:9

As you can see, there's nothing changed for my writing and speaking, even though I definitely did better on my writing the second time (bought all the online materials and wrote every topic) and felt I did worse on my speaking part. NOTHING CHANGED!

They just use this test as a money making machine because they know you will try again and again. I wish I knew this earlier so I don't waste my time and money. I should've just gone with IELTS directly.
P.S. I've lived and studied and worked in the U.S. for four years, even wrote for school newspapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: CANADA2002

ludel1722

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I know, thatstwhy I've decided to go for IELTS

Unfortunately after two tries, I can confidently say CELPIP definitely keeps your old score as a reference to judge your new one.
My first try L:11 R:12 W:8 S:9
Second try L:12 R:12 W:8 S:9

As you can see, there's nothing changed for my writing and speaking, even though I definitely did better on my writing the second time (bought all the online materials and wrote every topics) and felt I did worse for speaking part. NOTHING CHANGED!

They just use this test as a money making machine because they know you will try again and again. I wish I knew this earlier so I don't waste my time and money. I should've just gone with IELTS directly.
P.S. I've lived and studied and worked in the U.S. for four years, even wrote for school newspapers.

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
CELPIP 1st attempt(October, 2017) - S - 8, W - 7, L - 10, R - 10
I bought their practice test sets, and accelerate course for CAN$100. I think its worth it to spend a few bucks to get a little edge. ..
CELPIP 2nd attempt(January, 2018) - S - 9, W - 8, L - 11, R - 10
Ordered re- evaluation for Writing few days ago, and hoping for a 9. ..
Hey! Any update on re-evaluation?

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Well we are not native speakers. However, my wife scored L11/R12/W9/S10. Test Date: Jan 26, 2018 (Dubai).
Just keep practicing. Don’t be cheap in buying additional materials. They are REALLY helpful!
I know that speaking is a bit stupid in CELPIP. Especially that “strange” pictures to describe :)
I took IELTS and here is my score, you can see why I say CELPIP speaking is ridiculous..
R-9 L7.5 W6.5 S7.5

gaara690

Jan 23, 2018
Hey All,

So I applied for re-evaluation and its been more than 2 weeks and when I login to check my scores, it still shows results would be available within 2-3 weeks. My question is- Does it change to evaluation results now available or the way to know for sure is when we get an email saying the results are available? Does the status of results being available in 2-3 weeks go away once the results are available?

Ghosty

Mar 20, 2018
Hey All,

So I applied for re-evaluation and its been more than 2 weeks and when I login to check my scores, it still shows results would be available within 2-3 weeks. My question is- Does it change to evaluation results now available or the way to know for sure is when we get an email saying the results are available? Does the status of results being available in 2-3 weeks go away once the results are available?
You'll receive an e-mail, and the verbiage will update to show, "Your re-evaluation is complete. Please click "Check Scores" to view your updated scores."

CANADA2002

Apr 24, 2018
Trying twice, got my results today and nothing changed. I have been living in Canada since 2002 and graduated from a college.
I have fairly good speaking so it was just a surprise to get the same score S-6.I definitely did better on my second attempt.
Their evaluation is ridiculous.

Reactions: skye and dineshs

lfeng

Apr 23, 2018
Trying twice, got my results today and nothing changed. I have been living in Canada since 2002 and graduated from a college.
I have fairly good speaking so it was just a surprise to get the same score S-6.I definitely did better on my second attempt.
Their evaluation is ridiculous.
That sucks!