+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

kumar-ca

Feb 14, 2021
When theres a ghost update there is always something going on in the back end, maybe you cant see it but something changed in your application.
hopefully it happened for good , will call them and find out what is about

if anyone received same ghost update , keep us posted here

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hopefully it happened for good , will call them and find out what is about

if anyone received same ghost update , keep us posted here
I received a ghost update as well. Unfortunately its very common right after a major maintenance or crash

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
When theres a ghost update there is always something going on in the back end, maybe you cant see it but something changed in your application.
Not necessarily. After downtime it often means nothing, especially if a widespread occurrence. :(

If there's an interruption to the connection you'll see a GU too. You can recreate it yourself by clicking your application and reloading the account page before the application loads.

Mark1993

Aug 3, 2021
Received ghost update, no change in account though. Had the same a month ago where they changed my medical status from passed to does not need one.

dmc773

Sep 29, 2021
Has anyone tried to contact their local visa office for answers? Were they helpful? Mine is London
I applied as CEC inland with AOR September 1st 2020, became outland as moved back to the UK in December 2020. Was invited to the confirmation portal in June by accident.

I messaged the LDN office back in July and i got this response:
Unfortunately, as the London office is not processing your application, we are unable to advise or to expedite its review.
Please submit your inquiry related to your application via our website’s case specific inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type.
This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office in Canada responsible for your application, who are best placed to review your enquiry and to provide you with a timely response.

I sent a webform asking if my application could be moved to the london office back in July, got no response from IRCC. Sent another email to London office 10th september asking if they can now process my COPR, no response to date for it.

I dont see why they cant just send out a tweet saying we are processing the backlog of CEC Outland applicants from 2020-21, and give a rough timeframe. Waiting in limbo + lack of communication is not a ton of fun.

Reactions: SJCochrane6

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
I applied as CEC inland with AOR September 1st 2020, became outland as moved back to the UK in December 2020. Was invited to the confirmation portal in June by accident.

I messaged the LDN office back in July and i got this response:
Unfortunately, as the London office is not processing your application, we are unable to advise or to expedite its review.
Please submit your inquiry related to your application via our website’s case specific inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type.
This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office in Canada responsible for your application, who are best placed to review your enquiry and to provide you with a timely response.

I sent a webform asking if my application could be moved to the london office back in July, got no response from IRCC. Sent another email to London office 10th september asking if they can now process my COPR, no response to date for it.

I dont see why they cant just send out a tweet saying we are processing the backlog of CEC Outland applicants from 2020-21, and give a rough timeframe. Waiting in limbo + lack of communication is not a ton of fun.
Agreed! I think that’s all we have ever asked for.

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021
Hi guys, I got my passport request letter today. My timeline is as follows:

AOR: June 25 2021
Medicals and bio passed on: July 22
Request letter for passport and photos: October 5th

I am still in shock! Finally this uncertain and long path after several visas and work permits to get the PR is over..

Hopefully everybody here can get this freaking email soon!!!

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021

I am still in shock! Finally this uncertain and long path after several visas and work permits to get the PR is over..

Yes really happy that you got it . Wish I will be soon next to get it …

Reactions: mdqueen

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021

Can you please share From which vo you got ur ppr email

Also your cor

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021
Can you please share From which vo you got ur ppr email

Also your cor
My COR is Argentina and I got the email from VO Mexico.
It specifies I have to send my passport to Mexico City within the next 30 days and if for some reason, I can not do it I have to inform Montreal. Not sure if that was my primary VO..
Never called IRCC and did not ask for notes.

Reactions: Srisundarcan