+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
My COR is Argentina and I got the email from VO Mexico.
It specifies I have to send my passport to Mexico City within the next 30 days and if for some reason, I can not do it I have to inform Montreal. Not sure if that was my primary VO..
Never called IRCC and did not ask for notes.
Yes Montreal could be ur vo . Book speed courier and send ur passport across . I am not sure what services they provide in ur place . My best wishes. Soon u get ppr and travel …

Reactions: mdqueen

Ramganap

Sep 8, 2021
CEC outland with dependents, upfront Medical (Aug 10) and old Biometrics still valid

ITA: 24 Jul
AOR:24 Aug
Biometric Updated : 23 Sep
MEP : 23 Sep
GU1: 05 Oct

bluedragon

Oct 1, 2021
Hello! I'm CEC Outland also waiting for PPR... That's what I have so far:

CEC Outland- Brazil- PA + 3 DEPENDENTS- all outland

VO- Ottawa

ITA- June 11, 2020
AOR- August 16, 2020
MEP- October 06, 2020
BIO REQUEST- October 06, 2020
BIO DONE- February 05, 2021
GCMS NOTES REQUEST- April 06, 2021
GCMS NOTES RECEIVED- May 05, 2021 (Elegibity Rec pass, others in progress)
PROFILE UPDATED- June 30, 2021- Medical expired
Call to IRCC on July, 2021- Elegibity Reccommended Pass, all the rest in progress
GHOST UPDATE- August 19, 2021- Call to IRCC, agent said problably because the application was assigned to an officer
GHOST UPDATE- September 15, 2021
PROFILE UPDATED- September 23, 2021- Medical extended
Call to IRCC on September 24, 2021- All passed, just waiting final decision

Hoping for good news soon :)

ptycanada

Jul 7, 2021
I used VFS to send my passport in after receiving the PPR to the Mexico VO and I received an update on my EE profile saying that my application has been approved. However I havent received my passport back yet. @legalfalcon do you have any idea how much does an embassy usually take? I am afraid my passport might be lost somewhere. I had to use VFS courier service because of covid. Any comments are appreciated.

Reactions: mdqueen

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I used VFS to send my passport in after receiving the PPR to the Mexico VO and I received an update on my EE profile saying that my application has been approved. However I havent received my passport back yet. @legalfalcon do you have any idea how much does an embassy usually take? I am afraid my passport might be lost somewhere. I had to use VFS courier service because of covid. Any comments are appreciated.
The processing times at each VO are different. If it has been more than 60 days, contact VFS.

Reactions: ptycanada

ejorridge

Sep 27, 2021
I applied as CEC inland with AOR September 1st 2020, became outland as moved back to the UK in December 2020. Was invited to the confirmation portal in June by accident.

I messaged the LDN office back in July and i got this response:
Unfortunately, as the London office is not processing your application, we are unable to advise or to expedite its review.
Please submit your inquiry related to your application via our website’s case specific inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type.
This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office in Canada responsible for your application, who are best placed to review your enquiry and to provide you with a timely response.

I sent a webform asking if my application could be moved to the london office back in July, got no response from IRCC. Sent another email to London office 10th september asking if they can now process my COPR, no response to date for it.

I dont see why they cant just send out a tweet saying we are processing the backlog of CEC Outland applicants from 2020-21, and give a rough timeframe. Waiting in limbo + lack of communication is not a ton of fun.
I'm in a very similar situation.
AOR June 2020 - I've been out of the country throughout my application, however, they still sent me the portal email back in June. I replied straight away but, of course, it's been radio silence since then.
I'm going to try calling the London office tomorrow just for fun.
I'll let you know if I get any updates on my application

Reactions: dmc773

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021
Which country are you in? Did you go to your local VFS to send your passport to Mexico?

Jaykame

Sep 29, 2021
I am in Argentina but VFS here do not ship passports to Mexico..
Also, make sure VAC actually returns passport to your country. They said they don't return passports to mines and I'm in Belize just right below Mexico. I am now trying alternate VAC in NYC.

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021
What did your local VFS advice? Have you tried contacting the Mexico VO? Or maybe call the Buenos Aires VO to see if they can help
Also, make sure VAC actually returns passport to your country. They said they don't return passports to mines and I'm in Belize just right below Mexico. I am now trying alternate VAC in NYC.
I got it sorted, I have to send everything to Buenos Aires. Thank you guys!!

Reactions: Jaykame

ptycanada

Jul 7, 2021
I got it sorted, I have to send everything to Buenos Aires. Thank you guys!!
Great! Did they tell you what is the processing time for you to get the passport back? In Panama they just tell you they have no idea since they are just a 3rd party.

Mark1993

Aug 3, 2021
I'm in a very similar situation.
AOR June 2020 - I've been out of the country throughout my application, however, they still sent me the portal email back in June. I replied straight away but, of course, it's been radio silence since then.
I'm going to try calling the London office tomorrow just for fun.
I'll let you know if I get any updates on my application
What is the number to contact them?

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021
Great! Did they tell you what is the processing time for you to get the passport back? In Panama they just tell you they have no idea since they are just a 3rd party.
No idea, I'll keep you posted but as per other visas I got they don't take more than 2 weeks to issue it and return the passport.