Aug 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Any stories of when can we expect Biometrics Centers to be open?
I contacted one of my colleagues in Service Canada and she said they haven't got any update regarding opening. IRCC may collaborate with SC to open for biometric appointments because this is causing a larger backlog for IRCC.

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
Thank you for the reply but can you pls explain what is there to be getting caught and why it will be misrepresentation as I have not given any wrong info. Yes my wife is with me here in Canada on visitor visa and I have applied with the option spouse accompanying as NO to get more points. What is wrong here. Please advice.
Beacuse you're hiding the fact that you're married ( In case you've any legal document of marriage with your home country) 90% of chances to get caught in background check. Did your wife mentioned at time of visitor visa that she's married ?

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I will be completing my 1yr Canadian Skilled Experience this June 26 and I've already started to gather my documents. Currently I am waiting for my ECA assessment from ICAS but when I checked their website processing time takes up to 30 weeks and I'm afraid my assessment will be completed by September. I have scheduled my IELTS exam on July 10 and I still haven't done my medical since It was close but I've been seeing some post that they're starting to re-open.

Currently I am holding a PGWP that will expire on October 1, 2020. Now my question is, when will be the right time for me to create my EE profile? What are the initial documents I need to have before creating my profile as I am aware I have 90 days to complete all the requirements upon getting an ITA.

Hoping for a response soon. Thank you!

cpark

Star Member
May 15, 2020
My support document list wasn't asking for police certificate. I thought this was mandatory or am I missing something here? After turning 18, I've only been outside of Canada not more than 2 months per year. Could this be the reason?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
My support document list wasn't asking for police certificate. I thought this was mandatory or am I missing something here? After turning 18, I've only been outside of Canada not more than 2 months per year. Could this be the reason?
Yes. As you don't need to provide Canadian PCC.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

I will be completing my 1yr Canadian Skilled Experience this June 26 and I've already started to gather my documents. Currently I am waiting for my ECA assessment from ICAS but when I checked their website processing time takes up to 30 weeks and I'm afraid my assessment will be completed by September. I have scheduled my IELTS exam on July 10 and I still haven't done my medical since It was close but I've been seeing some post that they're starting to re-open.

Currently I am holding a PGWP that will expire on October 1, 2020. Now my question is, when will be the right time for me to create my EE profile? What are the initial documents I need to have before creating my profile as I am aware I have 90 days to complete all the requirements upon getting an ITA.

Hoping for a response soon. Thank you!

I think, you need the reference numbers for the ECA report and IELTS exam results in order to create an EE profile. So create an EE profile once you've obtained these documents.

Try requesting for the police certificates as well for countries you've stayed for more than 6 months or more in row (except Canada), cause sometimes those take a while. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
  • it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone,

Need some advice.

I applied for my wife's SOWP from india paper based application on 21 Feb 2020 and submitted passport with it.

On 1 may 2020 i got my ITA but the problem is my wife's passport is still in canadian embassy New Delhi(No updates on SOWP) and i am unable to do her PCC and Medical without her Passport.

What can be done in this situation?

Thanks in Advance

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hi all. I asked this in another forum but I just wanted a second opinion. I am currently living with my common-law partner (who is a Canadian Citizen) in the UK and received an ITA last week. I entered that she is accompanying me (which is technically true) and whilst it didn't affect my CRS score, now the system is wanting me to enter a load of information about my partner including getting a police check for her. This can't be correct surely given that she's a Canadian citizen.

Should I change it to say that she will not be accompanying me to Canada?

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Hi- for the ITA received on 1st May - I submitted the required documents on 22nd May and received AOR. But there has been no update on my profile in terms of status.
Has anyone else seen any progress with similar submission date?

gssidhu19

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Hi- for the ITA received on 1st May - I submitted the required documents on 22nd May and received AOR. But there has been no update on my profile in terms of status.
I submitted on May 20 and recieved AOR. No update. CIC is processing April applications atm.

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Same here, applied on the 22nd. - no updates so far.

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Beacuse you're hiding the fact that you're married ( In case you've any legal document of marriage with your home country) 90% of chances to get caught in background check. Did your wife mentioned at time of visitor visa that she's married ?
Sorry you did not get my question I am not hiding that I am married. I have filled Married but for spouse accompanying to Canada I have given NO these two are two different things.