+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Sorry you did not get my question I am not hiding that I am married. I have filled Married but for spouse accompanying to Canada I have given NO these two are two different things.
Misrepresentation is not on the marriage, but on the fact that your spouse is already physically here in Canada but you are telling them that she won't be accompanying (because she is already here!). The word "accompanying" is not for travelling, read it as if "wants to live with you in Canada or not". Just my take.

I was in the same dilemma earlier, and I called IRCC and asked them directly. They said the same thing I mentioned above, but with a statement that "nobody stops you to apply if you want to do so, but keep in mind it is misrepresentation".

elga

Jun 5, 2019
Hi everyone, I have kinda an unique case here that would appreciate some help.
I received my ITA under CEC on May 1. At that time I received 473 since the system gave me score for two years of work history. Later I realize since I didn't work in the middle due to covid19 and I might think the score will drop, so I created a second profile and the score did drop to one year of work history to 448.
I created the second profile on May 29, the most recent draw happened to be May 28 which is 440 and my new score followed under. However, I still haven't received my ITA now. I wonder whether it's because it takes time to give me an ITA since I created the profile that met the score requirement the day after the last draw; or its because I already have an application(accepted ITA) while creating the second profile and the first application blocks me from being invited. I was thinking of withdrawing the first one once I receive the ITA for my new one just to play it safe since I return to work now.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Sorry you did not get my question I am not hiding that I am married. I have filled Married but for spouse accompanying to Canada I have given NO these two are two different things.
I think you will be eligible for PR, but then after getting your PR you will have to sponsor your spouse separately. For sponsoring , you would have to stay in Canada and prove that you can support other person's basic needs. Spouse PR in that case could take up to 1 more year. I am not sure if your spouse can stay with you on Visitor visa or not during that time.
Whenever asked during your PR process/landing, you would have to provide a valid reason about your spouse not accompanying you - career, pregnancy, kids schooling etc whatever is applicable.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hi Guys I have a query, I got ITA under CEC on 28 May, I have been working in CA for past 1.5 years. The situation is I am here on intra company transfer work permit. My Company (my employer) office is in Toronto but I sit in My Company's client office (as a representative of my company) and the client office is in Montreal Quebec. My Salary slips, T4 forms all have Toronto Address only. In my EE profile too i entered my employer's address of Tornoto. But my work permit states that I can only work in Montreal.

I am not sure whether CIC will consider me from Toronto or Montreal

PGstudent2014

Jun 3, 2020
Hi Everyone

I recently got my ITA under CEC and I need to mention my work and personal history. Below are my details:

Jan 2018 - August 2018 : Part time worker at a food joint under NOC C (6711 - Fast Food Preparer)
Sept 2018: Filed PGWP after my course got over
Nov 2018: Received PGWP
Sep 2018 - June 2019 : Full time worker at the same food joint under NOC B (6311 - Food Service Supervisor) with different Job Title but same pay
June 2019 - Present : Full time worker at IT firm (Still NOC B)

So here are my questions:

- I don't need the points from my part-time work as it is in NOC C and I'm anyway meeting the cutoff but need to show it just for sake of completeness in history. Should I remove it from work history altogether and just add it in personal history?
- Should I show just 1 job position from Jan 2018 till June 2019? Or I need to mention my part time work separately from Jan2018 till Aug2018 and full time from August 2018 till June 2019, with different job titles but same pay? I don't want the VO to get suspicious because the job titles changed but the duties and pay didn't
- Should I get 2 reference letters for my part time and full time work from the same employer?

Thanks!

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Hi Everyone

I recently got my ITA under CEC and I need to mention my work and personal history. Below are my details:

Jan 2018 - August 2018 : Part time worker at a food joint under NOC C (6711 - Fast Food Preparer)
Sept 2018: Filed PGWP after my course got over
Sep 2018 - June 2019 : Full time worker at the same food joint under NOC B (6311 - Food Service Supervisor) with different Job Title but same pay
June 2019 - Present : Full time worker at IT firm (Still NOC B)

- I don't need the points from my part-time work as it is in NOC C and I'm anyway meeting the cutoff but need to show it just for sake of completeness in history. Should I remove it from work history altogether and just add it in personal history?
- Should I show just 1 job position from Jan 2018 till June 2019? Or I need to mention my part time work separately from Jan2018 till Aug2018 and full time from August 2018 till June 2019, with different job titles but same pay? I don't want the VO to get suspicious because the job titles changed but the duties and pay didn't
- Should I get 2 reference letters for my part time and full time work from the same employer?

Thanks!
Are you aware that any work done while in school on a study permit is not counted as Canadian work experience? It counts once you apply for/get the PGWP.

May 26, 2020
Thanks so much! So do we just attach the LOE with the current pay stubs (prove we are still working) and the ITA letter (prove that I'm under CEC) in the Proof Of Fund section in the account right?
do i need to put an explanation letter now while reapplying .i gotthe invitation again. This time i added the 2 mnths job(whose reference letteri didnt had and my pr got rejected because of it) but i am mentioning it on the personal details. Should put an explanation.

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
Hi Everyone

Jan 2018 - August 2018 : Part time worker at a food joint under NOC C (6711 - Fast Food Preparer) - You don't need to show this experience
Sept 2018: Filed PGWP after my course got over - You can start experience from this date - make sure you've letter for NOC - B from/after this date
June 2019 - Present : Full time worker at IT firm (Still NOC B) - you still need to mention this , but you won't get points for this

Only one offer letter for the one you're claiming points , NOC - B job

Thanks!

elga

Jun 5, 2019
Hi everyone, I have kinda an unique case here that would appreciate some help.
I received my ITA under CEC on May 1. At that time I received 473 since the system gave me score for two years of work history. Later I realize since I didn't work in the middle due to covid19 and I might think the score will drop, so I created a second profile and the score did drop to one year of work history to 448.
I created the second profile on May 29, the most recent draw happened to be May 28 which is 440 and my new score followed under. However, I still haven't received my ITA now. I wonder whether it's because it takes time to give me an ITA since I created the profile that met the score requirement the day after the last draw; or its because I already have an application(accepted ITA) while creating the second profile and the first application blocks me from being invited. I was thinking of withdrawing the first one once I receive the ITA for my new one just to play it safe since I return to work now.
Thank you!
Any idea about this case? Please and thank you!

Faru123

May 4, 2020
I dont think you need to mention vacation days in job letter. No employer would ever do that as a matter of fact. I would just declare it in personal history and attach LOE.
Thank You very much for letting me know. Should I mention the reason for the leave in my LOE?

Last edited:

Faru123

May 4, 2020
Are you claiming job offer points?
Your job letter should mention the vacation days you have taken.
Thanks for your reply. No I am not claiming any points for job offer. My employer already gave me the letter which says I worked there form Date 1 to Date 2 and he did not mention about the leave in fact because I was employed with them for that period.

elga

Jun 5, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have an inquiry regarding my study when I was filling my application for CEC.
I have graduated from university in Canada in 2017 but later applied for another study permit for a college, I also applied for the PGWP at the same time. I didn't finish the schooling for the college for personal reasons and dropped out and started working under the PGWP.
My question is: do I need to mention the incompleted college period under the education form after the university? Or only mention it in the personal history is fine. Since mentioning in the education part I will have to mark an not completed and I don't know how it will affect my application
Thank you for the advice!

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Guys I have a query, I got ITA under CEC on 28 May, I have been working in CA for past 1.5 years. The situation is I am here on intra company transfer work permit. My Company (my employer) office is in Toronto but I sit in My Company's client office (as a representative of my company) and the client office is in Montreal Quebec. My Salary slips, T4 forms all have Toronto Address only. In my EE profile too i entered my employer's address of Tornoto. But my work permit states that I can only work in Montreal.

I am not sure whether CIC will consider me from Toronto or Montreal
That should not be a problem. Your work permit should have something like "employer and client locations across Canada" something like that. Please check. Also your current location should be where you are currently physically working.

Last edited:
Reactions: CEC_Candidate1001