+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC) 1 year work experience from two different NOC?

thylam

Jan 19, 2020
I worked 12 months, it is only 3 months I worked over 120 hours/ month ,the others I worked not enough 120hours/ month
My question is if she can claim 1 year working experience next 3 weeks or not when she gain enough 1560 hours

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I worked 12 months, it is only 3 months I worked over 120 hours/ month ,the others I worked not enough 120hours/ month
My question is if she can claim 1 year working experience next 3 weeks or not when she gain enough 1560 hours
Sorry, I don´t understand this.

The definition of full-time employment is "30 or more hours worked per week." WEEK is the unit of time you need to use when calculating experience, with 52 weeks = 1 year.

Every week you worked 30 or more hours, it counts as 1 full-time week.

Every week you worked fewer than 30 hours per week, that is considered part-time and you have to prorate it. You do this by adding up your part-time hours and dividing by 30 to get the full-time equivalent number of weeks.

Sashank

Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of applying for my PR (Still in the starting stages). I'm applying under the CEC class. I have worked full time in a NOC B(2282) job as a Summer Student from Jun 2017 - Sep 2017 on my scheduled break during my school year and I'm currently working in a full time NOC B(2282) job on my PGWP from Oct 2019.

I know that the eligibility criteria states that I need to have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before I apply. In this case, can I count the 4 months in 2017 + my current job for 8 months until June 2020 as a part of my work experience for a total of 1 year? Will I still be eligible to apply for PR or should I complete 1 year in my current full-time job? Any kind of help or suggestions would do.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of applying for my PR (Still in the starting stages). I'm applying under the CEC class. I have worked full time in a NOC B(2282) job as a Summer Student from Jun 2017 - Sep 2017 on my scheduled break during my school year and I'm currently working in a full time NOC B(2282) job on my PGWP from Oct 2019.

I know that the eligibility criteria states that I need to have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before I apply. In this case, can I count the 4 months in 2017 + my current job for 8 months until June 2020 as a part of my work experience for a total of 1 year? Will I still be eligible to apply for PR or should I complete 1 year in my current full-time job? Any kind of help or suggestions would do.
No work experience gained while on a study permit in Canada can be counted.

sadya

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question for you.
I had 3 years of experience outside of Canada in NOC A. Then I moved to Canada and have 2 years of experience in NOC B in Canada.
I applied for bc pnp in September 2019 while my NOC was B and my IELTS was S6 R65 L6.5 W5.5.
When my pnp application was under process, I got my promotion to NOC A. Finally I got my nomination in December with the new job title (NOC A).
Then I applied for PR through the express entry in January but my application was canceled after 3 weeks due to not meeting minimum criteria in language proficiency. Now I am wondering, why the system didn't tell me that I am not eligible any more with new NOC?
Since most of my experience was on NOC B, it shouldn't be the case that my language test should meet NOC B?
Can I apply under any other program without taking another language test?
Does anyone have a similar experience?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys,
I have a question for you.
I had 3 years of experience outside of Canada in NOC A. Then I moved to Canada and have 2 years of experience in NOC B in Canada.
I applied for bc pnp in September 2019 while my NOC was B and my IELTS was S6 R65 L6.5 W5.5.
When my pnp application was under process, I got my promotion to NOC A. Finally I got my nomination in December with the new job title (NOC A).
Then I applied for PR through the express entry in January but my application was canceled after 3 weeks due to not meeting minimum criteria in language proficiency. Now I am wondering, why the system didn't tell me that I am not eligible any more with new NOC?
Since most of my experience was on NOC B, it shouldn't be the case that my language test should meet NOC B?
Can I apply under any other program without taking another language test?
Does anyone have a similar experience?
If you had received the PNP nomination with the NOC B job, you would have been fine. IRCC uses the NOC listed for the "primary occupation" to determine the language level requirements, and necessarily the NOC for which you get the PNP nomination is your primary NOC.

IRCC provides information about the language requirements for the NOCs, and it is your responsibility to understand the application and eligibility requirements. I understand how easy it was to make that mistake, but ...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

SO really, if you want to re-apply with that PNP nomination, you will have to improve your scores. You could try the CELPIP instead of the IELTS, some people find that easier.

sadya

Mar 30, 2020
If you had received the PNP nomination with the NOC B job, you would have been fine. IRCC uses the NOC listed for the "primary occupation" to determine the language level requirements, and necessarily the NOC for which you get the PNP nomination is your primary NOC.

IRCC provides information about the language requirements for the NOCs, and it is your responsibility to understand the application and eligibility requirements. I understand how easy it was to make that mistake, but ...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

SO really, if you want to re-apply with that PNP nomination, you will have to improve your scores. You could try the CELPIP instead of the IELTS, some people find that easier.
Thank you for your response.
My bc pnp is in NOC A.
Do you mean I can make my EE by NOC B as the primary NOC while my pnp is in NOC A?
Or both EE primary NOC and PNP NOC should be the same?

Gurjoy

Apr 17, 2020
Hey so i worked as food service supervisor for one year and now i am thinking to change my job and shift to higher noc level as i am thinking to get assistant manager job so the directly one year experience will count towards my pr or no

hbodar

May 27, 2020
Hello

I have 4 years of work experience in india with NOC 2011 / Industrial Engineer (A) and 1 year of experience with completely different field with NOC 0631 / Restaurant Manager (A), Can I claim for both experience while making Express entry profile in FSW pool?

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hi

I got Nova Scotia PNP and also the invitation to apply for PR. I used two jobs for experience. I was a food service supervisor NOC B for 6 months (store closed due to economic reasons) and then another job as food service supervisor for another 6 Months. But I didnt get any CRS points for the Canadian work experience. Why so??
Please help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi

I got Nova Scotia PNP and also the invitation to apply for PR. I used two jobs for experience. I was a food service supervisor NOC B for 6 months (store closed due to economic reasons) and then another job as food service supervisor for another 6 Months. But I didnt get any CRS points for the Canadian work experience. Why so??
Please help.
You must have filled out something incorrectly. when you enter a Canadian job, there are some questions at the end (did you work without authorization, did you perform this work under a study permit) that a lot of people misunderstand and answer incorrectly...

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
You must have filled out something incorrectly. when you enter a Canadian job, there are some questions at the end (did you work without authorization, did you perform this work under a study permit) that a lot of people misunderstand and answer incorrectly...
Okay. Thanks. I will check them again.

Aug 24, 2020
Hii guys kindly help me!! please I did two jobs in one year I put my expression of interest and by mistake, I put my NOC code 6311 this code match with my first food supervisor job But right now am working on the shopper and my Noc code is 6211 right now I can't make changes because they already invited me what should i do its gonna effect on my PNP file some people said they can reject my file. I am in stress could you pls tell me what should I do,??

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hi,
My FSW application rejected yesterday for wrong ECA. Meanwhile, I completed one year of skilled exp in canada n qualified for CEC.
The problem is in this one year I got one promotion and my both designations fall under different NOCs but are level B. My employer gave me one reference letter for whole one year mentioning both positions. At the time of joining it was the offer letter in which it was mentioned I would be promoted upon successful completion of 6 months.
can I submit same letter in both required docs filed in EE application? I do have all pay stubs.