+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC) 1 year work experience from two different NOC?

Discussion in 'Canadian Experience Class' started by dwdw0, Jul 5, 2018.

  1. This is true only for foreign work experience, it is not true for Canadian work experience. If it is in-Canada work experience, more than one job / NOC can be used to meet the one-year requirement. Only the FSW program has a "continuity" requirement of 1 year.
  2. This is only true for when studying in Canada under a study permit. Graduate students in different countries are often considered full-time employees of the university; even if working only part-time, the work experience can be used to count as foreign work experience.
  3. Once you have completed at least one year of Canadian experience, yes, you would be eligible to submit a profile. Yes, you can combine the work experience gained in different NOCs to meet the one year requirement, if the experience is in-Canada experience.
  4. #34 jes_ON, Jun 3, 2019 at 5:40 PM
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Not clear if you expect to apply under FSW or CEC. If you expect to apply under FSW, no. If you expect to apply under FSW and you just want to use this for CRS points - unclear. The ministerial instructions regarding the CRS system do not indicate a 1 year continuity requirement / single NOC for using foreign work experience to gain points - I think this means that you CAN use the experience (for CRS points only). I do not know if the profile will award points for this or not, tho.
  5. Hi is 1211 is a qualified noc for CEC class
  6. Hello,

    I have 1.5 months exp in one job and 6 months in another job and 6 months (current) on another job. I know I can apply . but what problems would I face on this situations and any advise ?
  7. If this is canadian work experience plus falls under NOC 0 A or B and you able to provide the reference letters then I don’t see that as a problem
  8. As bimale says you will need the required letter from each employer you use as qualifying work experience. If you have 2 which will satisfy the minimum 1 year experience you may not wish/need to add a third employment.
  9. Hi All, I also have a question regarding the work exp.

    I have 4 months and 15 days in 2017 under 6221 (category B) (End of April till’ mid of September), then I started a new job under the same code in October 2017 till’ August 2019. I technically have more than 2 years under 6221 (B) if I include both jobs and have two letters from my previous employers. However, I am currently employed under NOC C and I was wondering, can I add my current work experience towards my previous ones to claim 3 full years, provided that my primary occupation is B in my application?
  10. Why wouldn't my first job count by April next year? For FSW it is specified that foreign work experience has to be within the last 10 years. It doesn't make sense.
  11. #41 monkeyspanner, Oct 25, 2019 at 3:45 AM
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Sorry you are posting on a CEC thread and you did not mention FSW. I have deleted my reply.
  12. Hi everyone,
    I have 6 months of job experience in a call center as a Telesales Representative (NOC B) and then I started working as a Data Analyst (NOC A, Code 2172) in a different company for 1.5 years. Can I add both the jobs in my profile and count two years as my total job experience?
    I have to apply as soon as possible. Please let me know if any of you have gone through the same situation.
    Thank you
  13. Just need a quick clarification regarding start of work experience.

    My wife got her promotion and the accompanying job letter with new job duties and pay on 22nd Jan, 2019. Her pay was increased 3-4 weeks after that. Does her 1 year work exp start from 22nd Jan, 2019 or from when her pay stubb reflected the increase (24th Feb, 2019)?
  14. Yes you can combine two or more qualifying jobs for work experience. You will need a letter from both employers. I had 5 employments and have PR.
  15. No, you cannot add any work experience that is not skilled (NOC level O, A, or B).

Share This Page