+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 year experience calculation.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jes_ON
Have U seen anyone getting rejected regarding this issue ? Since the rule says , incase if I get rejected can I appeal for this case ? And please can U share me the link where the rule says that U can keep the crs points till U submit Ur eapr ? I would really appreciate Ur help .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON
Have U seen anyone getting rejected regarding this issue ?
No.

Since the rule says , incase if I get rejected can I appeal for this case ?
An appeal is a legal case. Before getting to that, if you believe that the VO has made an error, you can simply send an email requesting reconsideration, and explain why you believe an error has been made.

And please can U share me the link where the rule says that U can keep the crs points till U submit Ur eapr ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

See the section on "Requirement to maintain the CRS Score."

Ambrose4045

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
@DelPiero07 @jes_ON

I went through the link that states we can keep the crs points till eapr submission but it also states MEC should be met during the time of ITA and EAPR which seems to contradict the previous statement. So in my case wat is the minimum eligibility criteria . I applied under FSW through express entry and have 78 points under Fsw during ita and EAPR. Is it the only requirement for MEC in my case ?? Kindly explain the difference between those two contradicting statements. My apologies for asking too many questions but I really could not help it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON @DelPiero07

Thank you for your replies. Is eapr is the one which U submit and get AOR. The day U submit all the documents and get AOR is the eapr submission date right ??
Yes, eAPR = electronic Application for Permanent Residence...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@DelPiero07 @jes_ON

I went through the link that states we can keep the crs points till eapr submission but it also states MEC should be met during the time of ITA and EAPR which seems to contradict the previous statement.

No contradiction, it's talking about 2 different things. MEC is not CRS, they are different and have different sets of rules. You need to meet both. It is true that the MEC must be met at the time of the ITA, so people who accept an ITA without first getting a full year of experience will (usually) be refused. But you're talking about the 3rd year (not a requirement) for CRS points - so you have to meet that at the time you submit the eAPR.

So in my case wat is the minimum eligibility criteria . I applied under FSW through express entry and have 78 points under Fsw during ita and EAPR. Is it the only requirement for MEC in my case ??

MEC = program requirements (FSW, CEC, FST). For FSW, eligibility is here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

rubi2019

Apr 10, 2019
just based on that thread just i am confused that my express entry profile is already there and i would complete my 11 month on may 8..so would the system automatically take that as one year or i should update it?

So confused some one please help me

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
just based on that thread just i am confused that my express entry profile is already there and i would complete my 11 month on may 8..so would the system automatically take that as one year or i should update it?
If you have submitted a profile before you are eligible, in all likelihood the profile will say you are eligible before you really are. If the system calculates 1 year in May (instead of June), you could possibly get an ITA before you are eligible. In that case, you should decline the ITA until after you complete 1 year.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

So confused some one please help me
When you fill your profile, it will ask you the month and year you started working and if the job is your current. Because they don't count the days, automatically you will be considered as having 1 year's worth the first day of the month you started last year.

Yes, there is some ambiguity that people might be drawn to take advantage of. However, should risk a very likely refusal and potential ban for misrepresentation because you can't wait a few more weeks? You know the answer.

You

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
My spouse (primary applicant) three years of work experience ended on Feb 26. I had given the work experience as February as it asks only monthly in the express entry profile. But I got the points for three years (extra 25 points) in January itself. I checked that it got automatically updated and I did not make any change. I got my ITA under FSW on Jan 23. I accepted the ITA and to be on the safer side, I made sure three years of work experience got completed and then got my spouse work experience letter on March 5th and got my aor on March 7th after submission of my application. My cutoff would become low than the draw score if they calculate it as two years and I would lose that extra 25 points . The system automatically updated the points before one month of 3 year work experience and I did not have three years experience during ita but had 3 years and complete points during eapr submission. Am I safe ?? Kindly share Ur views .
Totally safe as long as the MEC was met by then.

Reactions: jes_ON

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have a question on calculating 1-year Canadian class experience.

Do we need to physically present 1 year in Canada or 1-year payroll is good enough?

Example: 10 months I worked in Canada and for the rest of the 2 months I worked remotely ( outside Canada ) but in the same Canada payroll. Also, I worked 40hr a week.

Thanks!
Condition is IN CANADA, not just for a Canadian employer etc. So you're 2 months short.

kapoordhruv

Jul 27, 2015
I have submitted my express entry profile in 23rd April 2018 with Canadian class experience from June 2017. On May-1st received extra 90 points for CES for 1 year but officially one year will be completed by June 2018. However, system auto calculated points based on month to month( June 2017 to May 2018 as one year). I also got invite to apply.
can someone suggest me if we can submit the application for PR in this case? Anyone got similar points like me?
Did you end up applying before or you waited for 1 year completion date?