File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My IEC expires on December 17th, and I wont have my 1 year CEC experience until November 13th, plus some extra time for the 4 un-paid days I'm taking.
My understanding is that Ill have to wait until after this time to put my name in the pool, wait to get an ITA and cant apply for a BOWP until I get an AOR.....

This is all true. If you have assessed what your CRS score is (or will be), though, you will have a better sense of how likely you are to get an ITA right away. If your score is high enough, you could prepare all your documents in advance and be ready to submit. You could then apply for the BOWP as soon as you get the AOR.

The bad news - you would have to wait until your BOWP is issued to be eligible to work. You would have implied status to stay in the country as a visitor, but not to work. This is an unfortunate aspect of the IEC permit.

There is always the LMIA-approved TWP route, if you are sufficiently valuable to your employer.

If this is not all done before December 17th, would I have to leave Canada? Is there any chance to stay and continue to work?

You could stay and work if you were able to get a new work permit.

Reactions: BC-Mert

pritish kumar

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
You have to be physically in Canada. As of now you need two more months of work experience in Canada in order to count it as a year of Canadian work experience.
Hi Scylla

I applied for WES, but i am confused can you help

QUESTION :1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document

ANSWER: I have Provisional certificate

QUESTION :2. Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks
This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study and must include your university student identification number

ANSWER : i Have CONSOLIDATED with all semester marks

Note carefully: You must also provide your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents

ANSWER : I Have Both PROVISIONAL AND CONSOLIDATED

pritish kumar

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi Jess_On

QUESTION :1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)

For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES.

ANSWER:
I have Provisional certificate

QUESTION :2. Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks

This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study and must include your university student identification number

ANSWER :
i Have CONSOLIDATED with all semester marks and Roll Number and year of passout

Note carefully: You must also provide your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents
ANSWER : I Have Both PROVISIONAL AND CONSOLIDATED

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Jess_On

Sorry, I have never done WES, many others here can better answer your questions.

BC-Mert

Feb 15, 2019
Thanks @jes_ON, really helpful advice. If I don't get my BOWP in time, is it possible to leave. Maybe go travelling South America say?!
All whilst my name is in a pool waiting for an ITA for CEC?? :)

I'm hoping my score is high enough and I get an ITA right away, but who knows what it will be come November!!!

Do you know the ETA for BOWP?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If I don't get my BOWP in time, is it possible to leave. Maybe go travelling South America say?!
All whilst my name is in a pool waiting for an ITA for CEC?? :)

Well, Canada is not a prison, you can leave any time you want. However, you lose implied status if you leave. Whether or not you can return as a visitor depends on your eligiblity (e..g citizenship, visa requirements, etc.)

On top of that, you have to be "currently in Canada" to be eligible for the BOWP:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

I honestly have no idea what they mean by that, whether you have to be physically present or just a resident; at the time you apply or the entire processing time; or...

So - there *could* be consequences to leaving.

I'm hoping my score is high enough and I get an ITA right away, but who knows what it will be come November!!!
If you don't get the ITA right away and your current permit expires, you will no longer be eligible for the BOWP.

Do you know the ETA for BOWP?

It depends... they cannot issue the BOWP until your PR application has passed completeness check. This sometimes takes longer for some than others. It can take 2-4 months.

BC-Mert

Feb 15, 2019
@jes_ON I wish it was a prison and I couldn't leave!!! ;)
From hearing that it seems very unlikely with my time frame that I'll will be able to get it all done in time. I could still apply for CEC and leave when my IEC expires and just wait for an invitation, in South America?! :cool:
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON I wish it was a prison and I couldn't leave!!! ;)
From hearing that it seems very unlikely with my time frame that I'll will be able to get it all done in time. I could still apply for CEC and leave when my IEC expires and just wait for an invitation, in South America?! :cool:
Thanks
You do not have to be in Canada to apply or while waiting for your PR application to be processed. But getting an ITA does not give you any status to come back, you would have to wait until you were approved and receive your COPR to come back...

VIVICLEO

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1- Nov-2019
AOR Received.
15-Nov-2019
Med's Done....
19-sept-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2020
Your question isn't entirely clear. Are you still on a study permit or are you on a PGWP? The time you are on maternity leave cannot be counted as work experience towards PR. Also, any work experience during your studies cannot be counted towards PR.
Thank you for your replies. I already separated and applying for my PR through CEC alone with my kids. My kids are Canadian citizens.

Ambrose4045

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
My spouse (primary applicant) three years of work experience ended on Feb 26. I had given the work experience as February as it asks only monthly in the express entry profile. But I got the points for three years (extra 25 points) in January itself. I checked that it got automatically updated and I did not make any change. I got my ITA under FSW on Jan 23. I accepted the ITA and to be on the safer side, I made sure three years of work experience got completed and then got my spouse work experience letter on March 5th and got my aor on March 7th after submission of my application. My cutoff would become low than the draw score if they calculate it as two years and I would lose that extra 25 points . The system automatically updated the points before one month of 3 year work experience and I did not have three years experience during ita but had 3 years and complete points during eapr submission. Am I safe ?? Kindly share Ur views .

Ambrose4045

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
@jes_ON please clarify on my situation.

My spouse (primary applicant) three years of work experience ended on Feb 26. I had given the work experience as February as it asks only monthly in the express entry profile. But I got the points for three years (extra 25 points) in January itself. I checked that it got automatically updated and I did not make any change. I got my ITA under FSW on Jan 23. I accepted the ITA and to be on the safer side, I made sure three years of work experience got completed and then got my spouse work experience letter on March 5th and got my aor on March 7th after submission of my application. My cutoff would become low than the draw score if they calculate it as two years and I would lose that extra 25 points . The system automatically updated the points before one month of 3 year work experience and I did not have three years experience during ita but had 3 years and complete points during eapr submission. Am I safe ?? Kindly share Ur views .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON
The rules are clear, as long as you can prove you are eligible for the CRS score at the time you submit your eAPR, you can keep the score : )

Ambrose4045

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
The rules are clear, as long as you can prove you are eligible for the CRS score at the time you submit your eAPR, you can keep the score : )
@jes_ON
Have U seen anyone getting rejected regarding this issue ? Since the rule says , incase if I get rejected can I appeal for this case ? And please can U share me the link where the rule says that U can keep the crs points till U submit Ur eapr ? I would really appreciate Ur help .