+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 year experience calculation.

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
I have submitted my express entry profile in 23rd April 2018 with Canadian class experience from June 2017. On May-1st received extra 90 points for CES for 1 year but officially one year will be completed by June 2018. However, system auto calculated points based on month to month( June 2017 to May 2018 as one year). I also got invite to apply.
can someone suggest me if we can submit the application for PR in this case? Anyone got similar points like me?

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
I have submitted my express entry profile in 23rd April 2018 with Canadian class experience from June 2017. On May-1st received extra 90 points for CES for 1 year but officially one year will be completed by June 2018. However, system auto calculated points based on month to month( June 2017 to May 2018 as one year). I also got invite to apply.
can someone suggest me if we can submit the application for PR in this case? Anyone got similar points like me?
You’re good to go. My friend also applied in 11th month and received points for 1 year work ex..they consider it valid as by the time you receive ITA and submit your profile, your 1 year will be complete. BTW, congratulations :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You’re good to go. My friend also applied in 11th month and received points for 1 year work ex..they consider it valid as by the time you receive ITA and submit your profile, your 1 year will be complete. BTW, congratulations :)
Although applicants have indeed gone through without completing a year of work experience, other applicants have received a nice rejection letter for not meeting the MEC at the time of the invitation.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's "good to go"

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Although applicants have indeed gone through without completing a year of work experience, other applicants have received a nice rejection letter for not meeting the MEC at the time of the invitation.

Well, I cited my friends example as I know his case..it’s your call to apply or wait.

Reactions: jaggeo

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018

What is MEC ?

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
I already got lTA and ready with documents to submiT. Can l know the current status of your friend Pr case?
His BGC is in progress. Also, when we create EE profile, we enter dates of employment and system calculates the duration itself and ads the points. As you also said that you created your EE profile on 23rd April and extra points were added automatically on 1st May.
I am not sure how can CIC contradict their own system to calculate points and reject application.

Last edited:

doctorA

Jul 8, 2017
Congratulations, I am thinking to apply for CEC after one year of work could you guide me? what are requirements for CEC? I have recently completed my degree requirements as an international student for one year program in ontario and thinking to apply for post garde work permit which will be one year of duration and in that duration, I have to find work full time to get PR by CEC route. I have heard finding a job one year is very challenging :( your suggestions are welcomed

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Will one year work experience be accumulated until the time of receiving ITA? For example, I will have one year work experience at May 31 and I receive ITA on May 31. Is it ok? or should I only submit entry after May 31?

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Congrats! That's very exciting. If you don't mind me asking, what was your language score?

I applied on the 15th of Aprill and I have been working since November 2016, but the system is not allocating me all the points. My CRS is currently 412

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Will one year work experience be accumulated until the time of receiving ITA? For example, I will have one year work experience at May 31 and I receive ITA on May 31. Is it ok? or should I only submit entry after May 31?
Its not unusual for people to enter a profile before reaching the minimum work experience. Although by ticking the 1 year or more box in the profile is technically incorrect. I would hestitate to accept an ITA if I reached the minimum 1 year experience on the same day as the ITA. Most people like to have a few extra days so there can be do doubt about their experience.

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
His BGC is in progress. Also, when we create EE profile, we enter dates of employment and system calculates the duration itself and ads the points. As you also said that you created your EE profile on 23rd April and extra points were added automatically on 1st May.
I am not sure how can CIC contradict their own system to calculate points and reject application.
Thanks for the updates. I still not sure what to do now?

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Its not unusual for people to enter a profile before reaching the minimum work experience. Although by ticking the 1 year or more box in the profile is technically incorrect. I would hestitate to accept an ITA if I reached the minimum 1 year experience on the same day as the ITA. Most people like to have a few extra days so there can be do doubt about their experience.
When I filled my EE, I did not select my experience as one year. CIC system auto calculates points based on current date. It increments points for experience.

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Congrats! That's very exciting. If you don't mind me asking, what was your language score?

I applied on the 15th of Aprill and I have been working since November 2016, but the system is not allocating me all the points. My CRS is currently 412
you should be getting points for your case, just wondering why not adding points for you. Please review your answers.
I got overall 6.5 in IELTS.