+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 year experience calculation.

Sahi92

Jun 2, 2019
You’re good to go. My friend also applied in 11th month and received points for 1 year work ex..they consider it valid as by the time you receive ITA and submit your profile, your 1 year will be complete. BTW, congratulations :)

Hi..so did your friend got pr?

Sahi92

Jun 2, 2019
This Juk11 guy and I got our PPRs on the same day, Nov 26th. We both applied in May last year.
Hi everyone...I'm lilttle bit confused and need piece of advice...i got my ITA in 470's draw (May)..but i haven't completed my 1 year of Canadian Work experience...it gonna complete by 14th june..so should i apply with same ITA and submit my file after 14th june or decline this ITA and wait for the tentative next draw i.e after 14th june?
And Why I got ITA before almost 18 days of completing Canadian work experience?
Any valuable reply?
Thanks

Sahi92

Jun 2, 2019
I have submitted my express entry profile in 23rd April 2018 with Canadian class experience from June 2017. On May-1st received extra 90 points for CES for 1 year but officially one year will be completed by June 2018. However, system auto calculated points based on month to month( June 2017 to May 2018 as one year). I also got invite to apply.
can someone suggest me if we can submit the application for PR in this case? Anyone got similar points like me?
Hi ..I'm lilttle bit confused and need piece of advice...i got my ITA in 470's draw (May)..but i haven't completed my 1 year of Canadian Work experience...it gonna complete by 14th june..so should i apply with same ITA and submit my file after 14th june or decline this ITA and wait for the tentative next draw i.e after 14th june?
Any valuable reply?
Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi ..I'm lilttle bit confused and need piece of advice...i got my ITA in 470's draw (May)..but i haven't completed my 1 year of Canadian Work experience...it gonna complete by 14th june..so should i apply with same ITA and submit my file after 14th june or decline this ITA and wait for the tentative next draw i.e after 14th june?
Any valuable reply?
Thanks
Submit your application after 14 June

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi everyone...I'm lilttle bit confused and need piece of advice...i got my ITA in 470's draw (May)..but i haven't completed my 1 year of Canadian Work experience...it gonna complete by 14th june..so should i apply with same ITA and submit my file after 14th june or decline this ITA and wait for the tentative next draw i.e after 14th june?
Any valuable reply?
Thanks
You should have one year experience as of the date of ITA you should decline the invite.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Decline the ITA until after you complete 1 year.

Because in the profile, it only asks for MM-YYYY instead of MM-DD-YYYY. Example: you work from Jan 27 2018 - Dec 3 2018. You only have a few days more than 10months of experience, but the system sees 01/2018 - 12/2018 and counts it as one year. It is a long-discussed mystery as to why IRCC set it up that way. But it has succeeded in tricking many people into applying too soon, being refused, and having to pay a 2nd application fee to re-apply.

Reactions: myra20sharma

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Are you sure sir?
And my file will be locked at time of ITA or at submission of documents express entry?
Your file has already included the points for 1 yr calculation. Now with you submitting your application after you complete your actual one year will not reduce your points right. It will justify that you have gained points post ITA(i.e. firming up your work exp points beyond the ITA)

Reactions: Sahi92

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Your file has already included the points for 1 yr calculation. Now with you submitting your application after you complete your actual one year will not reduce your points right. It will justify that you have gained points post ITA(i.e. firming up your work exp points beyond the ITA)
The issue is not about points, it is about eligibility. Sahi92 was not eligible at the time of the ITA, so according to IRCC rules, the application should be refused. I realize that we have heard that some people get through in this situation, but I would not want to gamble on the VO making an error on my behalf. Especially since waiting 2 whole weeks will ensure that the application WILL be eligible.

Jun 18, 2019
So I am in a sticky spot . I set up profile in Oct 2018 and received ITA with 11 months and 1 week work experience. I waited until Dec 2018 to submit my full application with over 1 year experience at this point.

My application has gone over the 6-month processing time and I just realized this 1 year MEC technicality by ITA date. I’m freaking out from this information! Does anyone have any recommendations? Should I submit a case specific request?

Sahi92

Jun 2, 2019
So I am in a sticky spot . I set up profile in Oct 2018 and received ITA with 11 months and 1 week work experience. I waited until Dec 2018 to submit my full application with over 1 year experience at this point.

My application has gone over the 6-month processing time and I just realized this 1 year MEC technicality by ITA date. I’m freaking out from this information! Does anyone have any recommendations? Should I submit a case specific request?
Yes..you should order GCMS notes and also submit case specific enquiry

Sahi92

Jun 2, 2019
Could I then just be drawing attention to the situation??It will be a disaster if I am rejected as my bridging visa expires in August. :(
Don't worry!
You will not be out of status as soon as you receive any communication.
My friend got PR after 8 months.
Just one question to you..you got ITA early

Jun 18, 2019
Don't worry!
You will not be out of status as soon as you receive any communication.
My friend got PR after 8 months.
Just one question to you..you got ITA early
Yes I got ITA 3 weeks before I had 1 year experience. However, I did wait until I had over a year to apply using this invitation.
It does seem like a flaw that I got points for 1 year experience when I had only 11 months.