+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TRV online application from London

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Hey @ravelena did you manage to get back your passport in time. Really hope you did!
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Yes I got the visa 4 hours before my flight. At the VFS they handed me a paper to write to explain why my situation was urgent. I also sent an email to them with my flight ticket attached. 3 hours later they replied stating that I could collect the passport the next day at the embassy which I did. Thankfully everything worked since then and now I have spent very nice few days in Vancouver :) . Have you received your visa yet? Hopefully you have, and when are you travelling?

Reactions: Isiatu and heina

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Yes I got the visa 4 hours before my flight. At the VFS they handed me a paper to write to explain why my situation was urgent. I also sent an email to them with my flight ticket attached. 3 hours later they replied stating that I could collect the passport the next day at the embassy which I did. Thankfully everything worked since then and now I have spent very nice few days in Vancouver :) . Have you received your visa yet? Hopefully you have, and when are you travelling?
Very happy to hear it went well. I’ve got mine too now :)
Submitted Monday and received today.
Travelling this weekend. Have a good holiday.

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Still waiting... The lack of updates or any activity on file is frustrating.

It's particularly worrying when it's been reported that the processing time is 1 week since we submitted 8 weeks ago.

We are beginning to worry it just won't be processed in time. We can't defer entry to a later date either. It's kind of a now or never thing for us.

What I don't understand is why they say to submit a 'case specific' enquiry but you don't get a case specific response.

Reactions: SamC10

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Still waiting... The lack of updates or any activity on file is frustrating.

It's particularly worrying when it's been reported that the processing time is 1 week since we submitted 8 weeks ago.

We are beginning to worry it just won't be processed in time. We can't defer entry to a later date either. It's kind of a now or never thing for us.

What I don't understand is why they say to submit a 'case specific' enquiry but you don't get a case specific response.
I feel the same but since I paid the first year tuition I can't not defer if I need to.
I have submitted quite a few queries and even emailed them direct but all the replies are so vague. I'm not sure what they are trying to hide.
Hope you hear soon.

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
We have paid full tuition too. But luckily can get a refund if need be. I hope it doesn't come to that. Knowing you've ticked every box and it would come down to them simply not processing it in time is a real kick in the teeth.

I hope you hear soon. I wonder if they process them in batches. Something seems off.

Reactions: SamC10

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
We have paid full tuition too. But luckily can get a refund if need be. I hope it doesn't come to that. Knowing you've ticked every box and it would come down to them simply not processing it in time is a real kick in the teeth.

I hope you hear soon. I wonder if they process them in batches. Something seems off.
Yeah no idea how they are done. Even from what I read on here when they start to review your eligibility that seems a positive thing but mine updated a week ago and nothing else since. See how this week ends...

Reactions: Teal1985

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Yeah no idea how they are done. Even from what I read on here when they start to review your eligibility that seems a positive thing but mine updated a week ago and nothing else since. See how this week ends...
I agree. From what I've seen on here that is when they seem to be moving along with the application. Decisions tend to come fairly quickly after that update it seems. Did you submit your complete application beginning of Feb?

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
I agree. From what I've seen on here that is when they seem to be moving along with the application. Decisions tend to come fairly quickly after that update it seems. Did you submit your complete application beginning of Feb?
I did but not my biometrics till Feb 18th.

KIKIB

Jul 1, 2019
Hi all,
i have applied my TRV on 10th june. processing time for my country is 12 days. now almost 22 days passed and no reply/change in CIC account.
status changed to WE ARE REVIEWING WHETHER YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
and WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK.WE WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE IF WE NEED MORE INFORMATION.My boyfriend (my non-paid representative)who lives in canada sent them a case specific inquiry but no reply yet.

Any idea whats going on?

thanks in advance.

Last edited: