+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TRV online application from London

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Just wanted to update that my Review of Eligibility status has changed just today to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.' Maybe yours have changed too! I think there is hope!
Hi wanted to ask what were you online application and biometrics submission dates. Thanks

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Same situation here too. We applied online for study permit and spousal open work permit. Submitted biometrics in London first week of April. Absolutely nothing since. No updates. Sent an enquiry and they gave the automated response. It is showing an average processing time of 1 week for study permits.

It drives you mad waiting and worrying. We keep thinking we did something wrong but surely they would have returned our application by now?

It's just not good enough. It should be more transparent and you should be able to ring and find out what stage your application is it. Very disappointing.

Edit: we are both British Citizens from birth, never lived elsewhere.

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Same situation here too. We applied online for study permit and spousal open work permit. Submitted biometrics in London first week of April. Absolutely nothing since. No updates. Sent an enquiry and they gave the automated response. It is showing an average processing time of 1 week for study permits.

It drives you mad waiting and worrying. We keep thinking we did something wrong but surely they would have returned our application by now?

It's just not good enough. It should be more transparent and you should be able to ring and find out what stage your application is it. Very disappointing.

Edit: we are both British Citizens from birth, never lived elsewhere.
Bad isn't it. I wouldn't mind waiting if I had some idea of time frame but I dont and according to processing times it should have been finished ages ago...even from the email they sent me with "standard targets" they work to I should have it well by now. Just living each day thinking is it today? Not a great way to be and can't plan which isnt great taking children.
I am a British Citizen too but grew up in Canada so don't know if that will slow mine down. From the looks of it tho after searching the internet it seems the London office may just be slow.
I hope you hear soon. Fingers crossed for us all.

Reactions: ravelena

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Bad isn't it. I wouldn't mind waiting if I had some idea of time frame but I dont and according to processing times it should have been finished ages ago...even from the email they sent me with "standard targets" they work to I should have it well by now. Just living each day thinking is it today? Not a great way to be and can't plan which isnt great taking children.
I am a British Citizen too but grew up in Canada so don't know if that will slow mine down. From the looks of it tho after searching the internet it seems the London office may just be slow.
I hope you hear soon. Fingers crossed for us all.
It's frustrating isn't it?

We have flights booked and temp accommodation lined up because you do need to plan ahead and can't expect to just turn up with nowhere to stay etc.

It must be stressful with you taking children too. We are just going with eachother and the dog haha but that's stressful enough. Hence why we booked flights already because we had to make sure there was a place for the dog.

Fingers crossed you get an update soon.

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
It's frustrating isn't it?

We have flights booked and temp accommodation lined up because you do need to plan ahead and can't expect to just turn up with nowhere to stay etc.

It must be stressful with you taking children too. We are just going with eachother and the dog haha but that's stressful enough. Hence why we booked flights already because we had to make sure there was a place for the dog.

Fingers crossed you get an update soon.
Luckily my parents house is big enough for us all so that is waiting but yes I cant wait to book flights.
I'll update anything on here so you will know if I do! :)

Reactions: Teal1985

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Yes, I don't think i've faced anything as ridiculous as this process before. The lack of transparency and inability to contact them (with the expectation of a meaningful response) is the worst thing about it. They have some seriously messed up process in place I'm guessing with meaningless checks taking place.

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Hi wanted to ask what were you online application and biometrics submission dates. Thanks
Applied on the 1st of April, biometrics on the 4th April. Eligibility status changed on the 9th of May. This is extremely frustrating. My flight is booked for this Thursday and it's not refundable and I don't know what to do. Booked the flights 2 months ago because it is a requirement for tourist visa... Didn't foresee this risk as I wouldn't have thought the visa application would take more than 43 days when the processing time stated 17 days!

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Yes, I don't think i've faced anything as ridiculous as this process before. The lack of transparency and inability to contact them (with the expectation of a meaningful response) is the worst thing about it. They have some seriously messed up process in place I'm guessing with meaningless checks taking place.
Me neither. Applied to many other countries and nothing like this. We paid money but no service at all. They don't even let us speak to a human.

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Applied on the 1st of April, biometrics on the 4th April. Eligibility status changed on the 9th of May. This is extremely frustrating. My flight is booked for this Thursday and it's not refundable and I don't know what to do. Booked the flights 2 months ago because it is a requirement for tourist visa... Didn't foresee this risk as I wouldn't have thought the visa application would take more than 43 days when the processing time stated 17 days!
Sorry to hear about your situation. It will be the same for me next week.
From what I’ve seen, I think any discussions with regards to ‘timelines’ is a total waste :( There is no science to this process... Or at least one that’s visible to applicants. All statuses change randomly at different times. Not sure why they even mention it. I wish you the best. One of the members earlier mentioned they got their passport request 2 days after eligibility in review changed to in progress, along with their background checks. Then they got passport back one day after submission.

The only valuable info I can provide to you is to submit passport at vac and collect from there rather than courier. This is fact.

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
09:00 just got the Correspondence Letter and 5 minutes later the Passport Request form and now on the way to London! Be hopeful, I think decision is around the corner!
Hi congratulations. Same here :) And similar times +- a couple of minutes. Will you be submitting the passport at VAC. Hope you get it back in time for your flight.

Reactions: SamC10

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Hi congratulations. Same here :) And similar times +- a couple of minutes. Will you be submitting the passport at VAC. Hope you get it back in time for your flight.
Congratulations! So happy for you! Yes I’m going there in person to submit my passport. The next episode of this madness is to try to get the visa stamped before noon tomorrow just in time to make my 14:00 flight (hahahaha)

Reactions: heina

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations! So happy for you! Yes I’m going there in person to submit my passport. The next episode of this madness is to try to get the visa stamped before noon tomorrow just in time to make my 14:00 flight (hahahaha)
Take copies of your tickets etc. And try your luck and be insistent you can drop passport directly at high commission etc. I’m sure they will say no but try it. The VAC send the passport to the visa office and get it back so maybe room to cut some time there.

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Take copies of your tickets etc. And try your luck and be insistent you can drop passport directly at high commission etc. I’m sure they will say no but try it. The VAC send the passport to the visa office and get it back so maybe room to cut some time there.
Thank you for the advice. Will do that and will keep posted!