+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TRV online application from London

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
I think there must be serious delays at he London Office. I submitted a student Visa application Feb 1st, biometrics done Feb 18th and nothing since. My application statuses haven't changed from background check being processed. Driving me mad too - especially as the processing time shown is currently 1 week and has been for the past two.........

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
I think there must be serious delays at he London Office. I submitted a student Visa application Feb 1st, biometrics done Feb 18th and nothing since. My application statuses haven't changed from background check being processed. Driving me mad too - especially as the processing time shown is currently 1 week and has been for the past two.........
Yes total lottery. Took me 4 days last time 2 years ago. Now it’s literally same application, same situation and no changes but taking ages. Guess we are just the unlucky ones. Surely others are being processed faster which we are not aware of. Only the desperate ones like us will be on these forums looking to get some form of insight as the visa office is a dead end.

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Yes total lottery. Took me 4 days last time 2 years ago. Now it’s literally same application, same situation and no changes but taking ages. Guess we are just the unlucky ones. Surely others are being processed faster which we are not aware of. Only the desperate ones like us will be on these forums looking to get some form of insight as the visa office is a dead end.
Yes I am definitely one of the desperate ones Haha. Fingers and toes crossed.

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
Hi sure will do.
Post extensive googling and going through other threads, I’ve come to the conclusion that it really is a jackpot lottery in how your application gets processed. The statuses change with no exact science to them. I’ve heard of cases where eligibility review and background check has not been shown to even be started but all updated in one go at end and visa approved. Guess they are not very proactive in updating the various statuses. All the best to everyone. Their service is truly ridiculous and non transparent. Least they could do is be a bit a more visible so alternative plans can be made rather than sweating up till the day you need to travel.
Thanks Pezza, much appreciated!

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
Hi SamC10, this sounds a little more extreme! Have you emailed them or sent a webform at all? It's been 3 months then :s

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi SamC10, this sounds a little more extreme! Have you emailed them or sent a webform at all? It's been 3 months then :s
I did the web form just got an email stating standard targets for study visas processed outside Canada are 2 months and to rest assured it's being processed. So not much insight.

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Tried visiting the embassy in London too. No use at all. They direct you to the VAC and say they don’t process visas at embassy. The VAC then say it’s at the embassy that they do the processing. The web forms are not much use either, they either don’t reply or reply saying it’s in process.

Birikisu

Apr 15, 2019
Hello All,

I just wanted to post out here to see if there was anyone else facing a delay in response to their TRV application? I had applied for my Canada TRV online on March 11 2019 and have not received any updates after my biometrics enrolment. My application has exceeded the processing time of 19 days and still have failed to receive an update after sending a web form.Following are the stages of my application: Is anyone else facing this issue who applied from London. Any help is much appreciated.

March 11 2019: Online Application Submitted
March 12 2019: Biometrics collection letter received
March 19 2019 : Biometrics enrolled which was updated on the online portal
Hi greetings please I really help on how to apply online pls direct me email bilkisuada@gmail.com thanks

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Tried visiting the embassy in London too. No use at all. They direct you to the VAC and say they don’t process visas at embassy. The VAC then say it’s at the embassy that they do the processing. The web forms are not much use either, they either don’t reply or reply saying it’s in process.
That is awful!! Good on you for trying tho.

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Nope nothing at all. Good luck! I’ve kind of given up
Just wanted to update that my Review of Eligibility status has changed just today to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.' Maybe yours have changed too! I think there is hope!

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Just wanted to update that my Review of Eligibility status has changed just today to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.' Maybe yours have changed too! I think there is hope!
That’s great news. Very happy for you. Hope everything gets processed in time for your trip.
I just checked mine and looks the same but I have a bit more hope now. Thanks