+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TRV online application from London

Immiukhelp07

Apr 16, 2019
Hello All,

I just wanted to post out here to see if there was anyone else facing a delay in response to their TRV application? I had applied for my Canada TRV online on March 11 2019 and have not received any updates after my biometrics enrolment. My application has exceeded the processing time of 19 days and still have failed to receive an update after sending a web form.Following are the stages of my application: Is anyone else facing this issue who applied from London. Any help is much appreciated.

March 11 2019: Online Application Submitted
March 12 2019: Biometrics collection letter received
March 19 2019 : Biometrics enrolled which was updated on the online portal
Hello All...

Finally got my passport with the visa today.The following is the complete timeline

April 25 2019 : Application approved online
April 26 : Dropped of the passport and London vfs office
April 29 : Collected the passport with the visa from vfs.

The entire process was quite stressful to be honest. Good luck!

Immiukhelp07

Apr 16, 2019
Yes I’m also facing a lengthy delay. It’s been near a month now for me. Back in 2017, it took them 4 days in total from submission of application to approval.

Made the same mistake of booking flights in advance thinking it won’t take long and now very worried.

I emailed them and they sent a standard reply saying it’s in process and nothing more specific.
I made that same mistake and had to postpond my tickets.

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations on getting yours. Was this after multiple emails to them or you just let them process it in their own time?
I’m amazed how something that took 4 days before has taken a month now with no update. I was also told if you’ve had a visa before, it should make it quicker.

Immiukhelp07

Apr 16, 2019
Congratulations on getting yours. Was this after multiple emails to them or you just let them process it in their own time?
I’m amazed how something that took 4 days before has taken a month now with no update. I was also told if you’ve had a visa before, it should make it quicker.
Thank you. I did send them a couple of emails to which I received the standard reply. and then at one point I lost hope and just stopped thinking about it. It might be because of the Eaaster break. Hopefully yours should be processed soon.

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Yes hopefully I get mine soon but doesn’t look too promising to be honest.
It’s not even in the eligibility review stage. That section just says ‘your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility’. How long did it take for yours to bring in a started review stage and after that how long till application approved? Regarding background check... ‘we are processing your background check’ is my current status.
Thanks

Reactions: ravelena

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Never pay for flight before visa, these things can take months.
Hello All...

Finally got my passport with the visa today.The following is the complete timeline

April 25 2019 : Application approved online
April 26 : Dropped of the passport and London vfs office
April 29 : Collected the passport with the visa from vfs.

The entire process was quite stressful to be honest. Good luck!
Hi there, I am happy for you that you have received your visa. My application has now taken 27 calendar days (18 working days). I will be travelling in 2 weeks and I'm getting extremely worried now... Was the processing time on their website similar to your actual processing time? Many thanks.

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Hi there, I am happy for you that you have received your visa. My application has now taken 27 calendar days (18 working days). I will be travelling in 2 weeks and I'm getting extremely worried now... Was the processing time on their website similar to your actual processing time? Many thanks.
Sharing my timeline thus far... similar to yours. Application submission 2nd April. Biometrics submission 4th April. Nothing since then :(

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
Sharing my timeline thus far... similar to yours. Application submission 2nd April. Biometrics submission 4th April. Nothing since then :(
Are you travelling soon as well? This is so frustrating. My application status is currently:

- Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
- Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am wondering if you also have the same message for the background check bit or is it just me with this? Thank you in advance.

Immiukhelp07

Apr 16, 2019
The processing time was 19 days but mine took 25 days when started to review my eligibility. It should hopefully be much more quicker for yours.

Immiukhelp07

Apr 16, 2019
Yes hopefully I get mine soon but doesn’t look too promising to be honest.
It’s not even in the eligibility review stage. That section just says ‘your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility’. How long did it take for yours to bring in a started review stage and after that how long till application approved? Regarding background check... ‘we are processing your background check’ is my current status.
Thanks
For my application the review status and backgroung status changed together. Earlier it was we will send you e message when we start reviewing your eligibility which then changed to we are reviewing your eligibility.
Same with background checks, earlier it was your application is in progress which then changed to we are processing your background checks. After the status change, it took 2 days for approval.

Reactions: pezza 12345

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Are you travelling soon as well? This is so frustrating. My application status is currently:

- Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
- Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am wondering if you also have the same message for the background check bit or is it just me with this? Thank you in advance.
Yes mine is exactly same as yours word for word in all sections. Let’s hope for the best. Unfortunately, I didn’t keep track of when background check changed to ‘we are processing your background check’. Seems like that’s the only positive at the moment.
My travel is booked for 24th May but I have other trips prior to that for which I will need my passport, so not an ideal situation. I take comfort that sometimes it takes only one day to get your passport back once approved and submitted. Hope you get yours soon! I really didn’t expect this... I thought I was applying very early as well.

Reactions: ravelena

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
For my application the review status and backgroung status changed together. Earlier it was we will send you e message when we start reviewing your eligibility which then changed to we are reviewing your eligibility.
Same with background checks, earlier it was your application is in progress which then changed to we are processing your background checks. After the status change, it took 2 days for approval.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

pezza 12345

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Pezza and ravelena,

When you get yours - can you update it here? I'm at my wits end.

Thanks!
Hi sure will do.
Post extensive googling and going through other threads, I’ve come to the conclusion that it really is a jackpot lottery in how your application gets processed. The statuses change with no exact science to them. I’ve heard of cases where eligibility review and background check has not been shown to even be started but all updated in one go at end and visa approved. Guess they are not very proactive in updating the various statuses. All the best to everyone. Their service is truly ridiculous and non transparent. Least they could do is be a bit a more visible so alternative plans can be made rather than sweating up till the day you need to travel.