+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dependent land alone after main applicant short landing?

alihassaan86

Jul 18, 2019
HI Guys,

I have seen lots of posts on this forum regarding dependents landing after the principal applicant. After reading the posts I still have a slight confusion and seeking a response regarding my situation. I am the principal applicant and my wife is a dependent. Me and my wife both have received COPRs and need to land in Canada before 13 October 2019 (expiry date). Now I will be travelling to Canada on 30 August 2019 and for some personal reasons my wife cannot accompany me and will travel a month later. She will land in Canada on 29th September 2019 which is well before the expiry date of her visa that is 13 October 2019.

So based on our situation; can she travel to and land in Canada alone with out me (Principal applicant) and without facing any issues at the Toronto airport?

Any prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Regards
If anyone wants more clarification on this then please open the link below.
I hope it will help.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=10

dsamuel

Jul 5, 2019
Hi, Is it possible to return primary applicant (Wife) to home country after finishing of formalities (We are applied in AIPP)
While dependent (Me) can stay over there.
Actually we planned to bring children's after one or two months with primary applicant.
Is it possible...?
Please reply if you know details. It will be a great help for us..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, Is it possible to return primary applicant (Wife) to home country after finishing of formalities (We are applied in AIPP)
While dependent (Me) can stay over there.
Actually we planned to bring children's after one or two months with primary applicant.
Is it possible...?
Please reply if you know details. It will be a great help for us..
Yes.

hkned1

Mar 11, 2018
Suppose as Primary applicant, I land first and my family reach later.
In this situation, Health insurance when start for me. Because I heard it will start from third month of landing. If within 3 month my family will land so they has to wait 3 months more for obtaining their Health insurance or not.
Also after how many month I will received child benefits, low income house rental subsidiary and tax exception type benefits.
Also please elaborate when submit last year tax return,if some month jobless before landing or in Saudia where not any income tax.
Please reply.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Suppose as Primary applicant, I land first and my family reach later.
In this situation, Health insurance when start for me. Because I heard it will start from third month of landing. If within 3 month my family will land so they has to wait 3 months more for obtaining their Health insurance or not.
Also after how many month I will received child benefits, low income house rental subsidiary and tax exception type benefits.
Also please elaborate when submit last year tax return,if some month jobless before landing or in Saudia where not any income tax.
Please reply.
Health insurance depends on province. If the province has a three-month waiting period (Ontario), then you have to wait three months from the time you physically come here. In your example, your health insurance will start 3 months after you land, and your family's insurance will start three months after they arrive here.

I don't know the answers to your other questions, but in general you qualify for various benefits after you file a tax return.

Dec 12, 2019
Hello All

Please help.. we got our stamp passport today and we have to land before 8th may 2020.. my wife is prime applicant and she pregnant.. we are expecting baby in Jan..

what is process of adding new born baby and what is the time duration ..

Do you think we can complete all formalities within April of adding baby ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All

Please help.. we got our stamp passport today and we have to land before 8th may 2020.. my wife is prime applicant and she pregnant.. we are expecting baby in Jan..

what is process of adding new born baby and what is the time duration ..

Do you think we can complete all formalities within April of adding baby ?
It could take several months to add the child. If it goes beyond your current COPR expiry, IRCC will either extend your medical or request a new one

I_CanFly

Jun 25, 2019
I am the primary applicant and I will land in Toronto in a few weeks with my child without my spouse. Both are included in my application and both have their own COPR letter. Spouse will land later (before his entry visa expires)
Will this create any issues in processing my and the kid's PR card? I hope not ..
Experts please comment...
Thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I am the primary applicant and I will land in Toronto in a few weeks with my child without my spouse. Both are included in my application and both have their own COPR letter. Spouse will land later (before his entry visa expires)
Will this create any issues in processing my and the kid's PR card? I hope not ..
Experts please comment...
Thanks.
As you are the primary applicant you must land first so no problem in your spouse landing later within the validity their COPR. Regardless you will need a Canadian address for your PR cards.

rcanzy

Mar 28, 2019
My wife (dependent) and I landed together at the IRCC office in Etobicoke to confirm our status of PR. My CoPR got processed right away (already got a new SIN) but not my wife's. Have anyone experience the same? Are dependent's CoPR processed later?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My wife (dependent) and I landed together at the IRCC office in Etobicoke to confirm our status of PR. My CoPR got processed right away (already got a new SIN) but not my wife's. Have anyone experience the same? Are dependent's CoPR processed later?
No, they are not, unless your wife's application is being finalised abroad. Was a COPR issued to your wife, by anyone?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi!
Can the dependents enter Canada even if the principal's COpR is not yet validated? Principal is in Canada but cant do flagpoling or in-person interview at this time. COPR is expiring in 2 weeks..
Thank you