+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dependent land alone after main applicant short landing?

Amrik Bhullar

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
12 May 2017
AOR Received.
25 July 2017
Hi everyone
I need some advise. I am primary applicant . I applied as inland applicant for PR. My wife was dependent on my file. We both got copr and visas stamped in September . I have done my landing in September, landed as PR.
My wife has to postpone her landing as she was pregnant at that time . In October we got daughter. Now I am aware that I have to sponser my daughter but can my wife do her landing and then go back to home country to take care of baby ?
Second thing if she cannot do her landing can I add new born baby to her file as dependent ?
Appreciate all help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone
I need some advise. I am primary applicant . I applied as inland applicant for PR. My wife was dependent on my file. We both got copr and visas stamped in September . I have done my landing in September, landed as PR.
My wife has to postpone her landing as she was pregnant at that time . In October we got daughter. Now I am aware that I have to sponser my daughter but can my wife do her landing and then go back to home country to take care of baby ?
Second thing if she cannot do her landing can I add new born baby to her file as dependent ?
Appreciate all help
Hi

No, your wife cannot land now that the child is born. You need to sponsor your wife and include the child as a dependent.

Amrik Bhullar

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
12 May 2017
AOR Received.
25 July 2017
Hi

No, your wife cannot land now that the child is born. You need to sponsor your wife and include the child as a dependent.
Thanks for reply .
Now when I first called ircc the agent said my wife can do her landing but I have to sponser my daughter . Second time they gave me same answer. Third time when I called they said regarding my wife landing , responsible office will contact me for further instructions. It has been 1 month nobody contacted me.
I guess sponsoring both will only be the option now. Have to be separated from family for another 2 years or more less

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for reply .
Now when I first called ircc the agent said my wife can do her landing but I have to sponser my daughter . Second time they gave me same answer. Third time when I called they said regarding my wife landing , responsible office will contact me for further instructions. It has been 1 month nobody contacted me.
I guess sponsoring both will only be the option now. Have to be separated from family for another 2 years or more less
Your wife cannot land with an undeclared dependent.

The app shouldn't take more than a year, likely less.

AC_IND

Feb 6, 2018
Hello,
I am the Primary Applicant and I am going to travel to canada with COPR in Jan 19. My Daughter(2 years old) will come later with her grandparents(my parents who will be traveling with their visitor visa) to Canada in Mar 19. So will this work? Do i need any documents because my daughter is minor will be coming with my parents and she has her COPR too?
Hi, can you please let me know what had u done at that time? I’m planning the same for my daughter. Any help would be appreciated

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
hi, my parents are here as visitors they got theor copr and pr visa and we flagpoled in dec 26,2018. my youngers sister is their accompanying dependent but will
land on jan.15,2018.we forgot to tell the cbsa officer that an accompanying dependent will arrive later just read somewhere that we were supposed to tell them that.will my sister encounter problems when she landa later?should i call ircc or cbsa to inform them?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi, my parents are here as visitors they got theor copr and pr visa and we flagpoled in dec 26,2018. my youngers sister is their accompanying dependent but will
land on jan.15,2018.we forgot to tell the cbsa officer that an accompanying dependent will arrive later just read somewhere that we were supposed to tell them that.will my sister encounter problems when she landa later?should i call ircc or cbsa to inform them?
You didn't need to tell CBSA. She can land without issue.

Reactions: Bam0130

Esty

May 5, 2018
Please is there anyone with this kind of situation? Can wife(principal applicant) land with children(dependants) alone and spouse(husband) join afterwards? Thanks for any info or link that can be helpful with this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please is there anyone with this kind of situation? Can wife(principal applicant) land with children(dependants) alone and spouse(husband) join afterwards? Thanks for any info or link that can be helpful with this.
Read the previous posts. The answer was provided many times.

kearun

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi
I(principal applicant) am planning to land in early May and and my wife and son(dependents) are planning to land later in Jul'19 before our visa expire by end July.
Let me know any other documents I should carry other than the following.
1.my passport
2.my COPR
3.my Proof of fund(equivalent of 19093$ for a family of 3 in cash/traveller's cheque/DD)
4.Goods accompanying list & Goods to follow list (in printed format)
Also when my wife ans son lands later,what all documents they should carry other than the following?
1.Their passports
2.Their COPR
3.Son's birth certificate
4.Goods accompanying list & Goods to follow list (in printed format)

Thanks in advance.I am struggling to find the answer for this many groups/forums.So any help on this is very much appreciated.

nn16

Dec 26, 2018
We received letter requesting to submit the passports to issue PR. I would appreciate if you advise me on the following issue.
Me and my wife are in our country and can submit our passports to the embassy but my two children are student in Canada and they are busy with their study there. My question is if they can submit their passport to Ottawa and we submit our passport in our own country. By the way I am the main applicant.

meghanacanada

Jun 4, 2018
I have a similar query:

I am currently residing and working in Canada (PGWP, valid till 2020) and am the main applicant, my husband (with Canadian visitor's visa) lives in US (dependant in terms of Canadian PR application). Both of us have got our PR approved and received our passports too. We want to complete our landing formalities, and my husband is flying to Buffalo on Friday. I wanted to cross Rainbow bridge and spend a few hours in USA on Friday. Next, within 2-3 hours, when my husband arrives in Buffalo, we want to cross the Canada-US border (Peace bridge) and complete our landing formalities for PR.

1. Does this sound like a feasible plan? If not, any alternatives?

2. Whatever I intend to do, is it flag-polling?

3. What about the information here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html under "Study and work permit requests, and requests for processing of confirmation of permanent residence at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge". Is it applicable to me/my husband?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a similar query:

I am currently residing and working in Canada (PGWP, valid till 2020) and am the main applicant, my husband (with Canadian visitor's visa) lives in US (dependant in terms of Canadian PR application). Both of us have got our PR approved and received our passports too. We want to complete our landing formalities, and my husband is flying to Buffalo on Friday. I wanted to cross Rainbow bridge and spend a few hours in USA on Friday. Next, within 2-3 hours, when my husband arrives in Buffalo, we want to cross the Canada-US border (Peace bridge) and complete our landing formalities for PR.

1. Does this sound like a feasible plan? If not, any alternatives?

2. Whatever I intend to do, is it flag-polling?

3. What about the information here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html under "Study and work permit requests, and requests for processing of confirmation of permanent residence at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge". Is it applicable to me/my husband?
1 and 2. Yes, you would be flagpoling. Rainbow bridge restricts flagpoling, so depending on when you were planning, you could be refused landing.

3. If your husband was coming by himself, he would have no issues landing at any time because he is not flagpoling. However, if he is with you and you go during a restricted time, you will both likely be refused landing.