+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dependent land alone after main applicant short landing?

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
I am the primary applicant and my husband is the only dependent in my application. If we do a landing together and I being the PA come back in 2 weeks and my husband stays back is it fine?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am the primary applicant and my husband is the only dependent in my application. If we do a landing together and I being the PA come back in 2 weeks and my husband stays back is it fine?
Yes - that's fine.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

bgordon

May 10, 2018
If the primary applicant lands alone, how much time do the secondary applicants have to land? In other words, is there any limit on how long the secondary applicants can stay in the country of origin? To make it practical, my child needs to complete her schooling in the country of origin, and that could be up to a year after I (the main applicant) lands.

Thanks for the response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the primary applicant lands alone, how much time do the secondary applicants have to land? In other words, is there any limit on how long the secondary applicants can stay in the country of origin? To make it practical, my child needs to complete her schooling in the country of origin, and that could be up to a year after I (the main applicant) lands.

Thanks for the response.
Yes - there's a limit. That limit is the expiry date on the PR visa. Usually this is one year after medicals were completed. Your child needs to land before this date.

Reactions: Joshua_Max

bgordon

May 10, 2018
Yes - there's a limit. That limit is the expiry date on the PR visa. Usually this is one year after medicals were completed. Your child needs to land before this date.
Precisely what I wanted to know. Thank you.

If the child (secondary applicant) lands within the time limit, may she leave the country again within a few weeks to complete six months of schooling, whereafter she will permanently return to Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Precisely what I wanted to know. Thank you.

If the child (secondary applicant) lands within the time limit, may she leave the country again within a few weeks to complete six months of schooling, whereafter she will permanently return to Canada?
Yes.

Naser200004

Aug 12, 2018
I have a more unique situation, husband is the main applicant, wife is pregnant, can husband land before birth and wife wait at home country until delivery then land and baby enters as visitor (UK passport) and sponsored?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a more unique situation, husband is the main applicant, wife is pregnant, can husband land before birth and wife wait at home country until delivery then land and baby enters as visitor (UK passport) and sponsored?
If the husband lands before the birth, he will have to sponsor both the wife and the child. The child cannot be added to the app after the husband lands and the wife cannot land after the birth with an undeclared dependent.

huy.banh

Aug 14, 2018
Hello,

If I (main applicant) land and then leave after 2 weeks. My husband stays. 4 months later I return to Canada. Will I need to apply for PRTD at my home country to re-enter? Is this all good?

Thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

If I (main applicant) land and then leave after 2 weeks. My husband stays. 4 months later I return to Canada. Will I need to apply for PRTD at my home country to re-enter? Is this all good?

Thanks.
So if your husband stays in Canada then he can mail or courier your PR card to you given initial PR cards on average take 6-8 weeks to arrive. Otherwise yes you could apply for a PRTD

Reactions: huy.banh

faizanahmed

Mar 2, 2017
Have gone through the entire thread but couldn't get the answer to the following... will really appreciate if someone can answer this for me.

I am the primary applicant with 4 dependents. We all have the COPR. My intention is to land in Canada first and apply for the PR card for self and all dependents myself. I intend to invite my family a little later when i have made the necessary arrangements and hopefully found a job. Can i do this or all the dependents have to be in Canada when i apply for their PR card?

Will really appreciate all the help i can get.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Have gone through the entire thread but couldn't get the answer to the following... will really appreciate if someone can answer this for me.

I am the primary applicant with 4 dependents. We all have the COPR. My intention is to land in Canada first and apply for the PR card for self and all dependents myself. I intend to invite my family a little later when i have made the necessary arrangements and hopefully found a job. Can i do this or all the dependents have to be in Canada when i apply for their PR card?

Will really appreciate all the help i can get.
You can only apply for your PR card, your dependants will need to apply for their own cards when they land. If you have Canadian address then CBSA will process the application when you land else you will need to apply once you have lanaded, same for dependants. You must of course ensure your dependants land whilst their COPRs are still valid.