+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CACB - Canadian Architectural Certification Board

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi Guys! Have you got any news from CACB? 6 months so far and no news from them.
I just hit the six month mark too (applied 10 Dec 2019), so I sent them an email. They responded with a letter stating that my application was approved and listed a certificate number.
If you haven’t heard from them yet, you should be, right about now.

Reactions: Robertogogr

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I just hit the six month mark too (applied 10 Dec 2019), so I sent them an email. They responded with a letter stating that my application was approved and listed a certificate number.
If you haven’t heard from them yet, you should be, right about now.
Congratulations!! I get an email from them, they Issued a Provisional Status Letter (Academic Certification)for 18 months until I complete one course,I guess is better than nothing, but I'm planning to appeal the decision because I'm part of the CANBERRA agreement and I took this course in my university, may I ask how did you get yours?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Congratulations!! I get an email from them, they Issued a Provisional Status Letter (Academic Certification)for 18 months until I complete one course,I guess is better than nothing, but I'm planning to appeal the decision because I'm part of the CANBERRA agreement and I took this course in my university, may I ask how did you get yours?
Congratulations to you too, buddy! My undergraduate degree is from South Asia, so my application was approved under Condition 2 (Degree or Diploma not accredited by the CACB).
In any case, you have nothing to worry about even if you received a provisional approval. Most provincial Architectural associations will allow you to enroll into the ‘Intern Architect Program’ with a provisional certificate. This way you can complete the required course within a fixed time frame while working as an Intern Architect. Wish you the very best:)

mademoiselle_

Mar 3, 2020
Is anyone on this thread from India and has applied? How's the process going on for you? Have you received the certificate yet? Also this question is for everyone present here, I am curious to know the success rate of the certification for foreign applicants who haven't studied from an RAIC accredited university?

mademoiselle_

Mar 3, 2020
Congratulations to you too, buddy! My undergraduate degree is from South Asia, so my application was approved under Condition 2 (Degree or Diploma not accredited by the CACB).
In any case, you have nothing to worry about even if you received a provisional approval. Most provincial Architectural associations will allow you to enroll into the ‘Intern Architect Program’ with a provisional certificate. This way you can complete the required course within a fixed time frame while working as an Intern Architect. Wish you the very best:)
Congratulations! Where are you from in South Asia? I can imagine the relief you might've felt when you received the certificate. Could you give me an insight into the details of your portfolio? Thanks in advance!

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Thanks Man! my wife just got the CACB Certification and I completed the course they required, so both are about to register in Alberta! Thanks for the reply !

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Congratulations! Where are you from in South Asia? I can imagine the relief you might've felt when you received the certificate. Could you give me an insight into the details of your portfolio? Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure if you need the portfolio, in my case it wasn't required, you might want to double check on the CACB website, Good luck! :D

mademoiselle_

Mar 3, 2020
I'm not sure if you need the portfolio, in my case it wasn't required, you might want to double check on the CACB website, Good luck! :D
Hey! Yeah the portfolio isn't mandatory but it just adds to your process so I just thought maybe someone could help me with the information. Congratulations to you too!

mademoiselle_

Mar 3, 2020
Reaching out again. One of the documents mentioned for submission is a "List of the academic design projects completed throughout the program in architecture, as well as a brief description of each project in a maximum of 4 pages." In this section, do we briefly explain our designs and their concepts or do we talk about the project typology? For example: There is a market design exercise, do I explain my design here or do I briefly talk about what this particular exercise aimed to achieve and what did I learn in this particular exercise?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Robertogogr

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Reaching out again. One of the documents mentioned for submission is a "List of the academic design projects completed throughout the program in architecture, as well as a brief description of each project in a maximum of 4 pages." In this section, do we briefly explain our designs and their concepts or do we talk about the project typology? For example: There is a market design exercise, do I explain my design here or do I briefly talk about what this particular exercise aimed to achieve and what did I learn in this particular exercise?
Thanks in advance!
Exactly, you have to explain what your intentions were for the design, how many sqf., Where did you get the design inspiration for the shape and form of your project, etc. What my wife and I did was explain each project of each semester on a word document and attached to our application.

You will be fine!

cheers !!

Reactions: mademoiselle_

mademoiselle_

Mar 3, 2020
Exactly, you have to explain what your intentions were for the design, how many sqf., Where did you get the design inspiration for the shape and form of your project, etc. What my wife and I did was explain each project of each semester on a word document and attached to our application.

You will be fine!

cheers !!
Thank you.
Hopefully one last query. Pardon me, for English is not my first language. For description of the academic design projects, do we get a maximum of 4 pages each for each academic project, or do we get a maximum of 4 pages for all of the academic projects combined?

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Thank you.
Hopefully one last query. Pardon me, for English is not my first language. For description of the academic design projects, do we get a maximum of 4 pages each for each academic project, or do we get a maximum of 4 pages for all of the academic projects combined?
Oh no problem :D, 4 pages for all the projects.
if you have more question let me know