+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CACB - Canadian Architectural Certification Board

Architect_E

Mar 11, 2019
The CACB certification took less than a month, 3 weeks to be precise. But I do have an M.Arch from the US, which is an NCARB accredited program so that could be why it was done earlier.

My questions is similar; do I need an ECA from WES, IQAS etc if I already have an accreditation from CACB?

cyen0913

May 29, 2019
No, ECA would not help in any ways... I've received CACB certificate already, but there are possibilities to apply for BEFA too, but the requirements are for architects who have more experience and license in their own country... (Not in Canada)
Hi , just want to ask is really hard to get CACB certification?
What did you submit? I saw the requirements on there website that they need portfolio or a thesis. did you submit it also?
your response is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Blukie

Apr 29, 2019
Hello...I am applying for the cacb too I need to know few things pls...do I need to send transcript and course description for all the courses I took for both Bachelor and Masters?...
I'm also done with the online applications...I need to know what I'm getting into....

Thanks

arch.ramy

Jun 8, 2018
Yes, you have to send these documents. They won't start the process untill they got everything. It is better to call them after to make sure that everything is ok. I had a problem with payment and couldn't fill two degrees in the online application so they adviced me to use paper application. I got my certificate three months later.

Blukie

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks...I was able to fill for both degrees there is a provision for it...one can indicate in remarks tab what degree the course is meant for.
Another quick question pls...I can use course description gotten online but it has been revised from the one we used during my program in school. Will it be accepted by cacb?... also can u pls guide me thru the portfolio requirement

arch.ramy

Jun 8, 2018
Thanks...I was able to fill for both degrees there is a provision for it...one can indicate in remarks tab what degree the course is meant for.
Another quick question pls...I can use course description gotten online but it has been revised from the one we used during my program in school. Will it be accepted by cacb?... also can u pls guide me thru the portfolio requirement
In my case, course calender was already in CACB database. But I asked the university anyway to give me a certified copy to help me filling the forms. I think you should ask for your program calendar. They usually keep a record for all the years.
For the portfolio I collected 4 projects (2 from the graduation year). For each project you should mention the scale, typology, program, requirements and which year.
I didn't have an academic portfolio at that time (only a professional one) so I printed a simple 6 pages portfolio 2-sided.

Blukie

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the info I will contact my school for the calender and start work on the portfolio.

Thanks and God bless

ar123

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
should the copy of degree and transcript and course calendar be sent directly by our university or can we get it attested and send it ourselves to CACB?

Blukie

Apr 29, 2019
In my case, My school won't give transcript or any official document directly to student. They will send it to the institution requesting for it

cyen0913

May 29, 2019
Anyone here who applied for CABC who don’t have Master course and got approved? Your input is appreciated. Thank you

Blukie

Apr 29, 2019
Hi
I finally sent my portfolio and receipt of cacb payment and my school has sent the transcript and course calender.

Would cacb contact me when they start assessing my file or how will I know the next stage

gdp79

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi,

May I know why CACB takes extremely long to do academic accreditation? monopoly? i submitted my requirements and hefty payment end of june, they committed to finish in two months, on the 60th day i followed up and got a quite rude response that it will take another month. on the nth month they said no evaluation was done on august so end of the next month they say. today is the 5th month anniversary of the submission they say they will assess tom. results next week by snail mail!!! wow!

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hi everyone.
I am a landscape architect and my husband is an architect with experience in India. We are moving to Canada soon and we are post 3.5 months post AOR stage. We don't need CACB certification for provincial nomination. But we are looking forward to know how important role does CACB certification play to get a job in our field in Ontario/British Columbia. CACB's fee for academic certification is too high that's why i wanted to be sure it is worth it.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Reactions: athelene

Blukie

Apr 29, 2019
Yes, you have to send these documents. They won't start the process untill they got everything. It is better to call them after to make sure that everything is ok. I had a problem with payment and couldn't fill two degrees in the online application so they adviced me to use paper application. I got my certificate three months later.
Good day.
To God be all the Glory great thing He has done!!!!

I received letter of acceptance and certificate number from CACB today.

However, my certificate wasn't in the email attachment will it be mailed to my mailing address?.

Thanks once again

Blukie

Apr 29, 2019
Good day.
To God be all the Glory great things He has done!!!!

I received letter of acceptance and certificate number from CACB today.

However, my certificate wasn't in the email attachment will it be mailed to my mailing address?.

Thanks once again

Reactions: taaran.s