+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CACB - Canadian Architectural Certification Board

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi! Are you already in Canada? As far as I know the BEFA certification is for the ones who are highly experienced, probably working in Canada as well.. Not sure though... I am still going through the process to apply for the CACB Academic Certification.

mmalhoussian

Sep 6, 2017
Hi! Are you already in Canada? As far as I know the BEFA certification is for the ones who are highly experienced, probably working in Canada as well.. Not sure though... I am still going through the process to apply for the CACB Academic Certification.
No, I am not, But SINP request "Documentation from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) showing your acceptance into the Broadly Experienced Foreign Architect (BEFA) program including an invitation to apply to the self-assessment phase (2nd step)" means as i understand that want a letter of invitation to the 2nd step, therefore we should pass the eligibility step !!

Frankly, I saw the requirement and it's very hard to fill all forms and provide all requirements.....even though I have no idea about the processing time, even i struggle to figure out that approx. time process but i couldn't

Correct me !!

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
according to their website, this is what I got:

"Provide your “Academic Certification” documentation from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB).

Or

Documentation from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) showing your acceptance into the Broadly Experienced Foreign Architect (BEFA) program including an invitation to apply to the self-assessment phase (2nd step)."

Therefore, I believe, you could get an academic certification document from CACB or get the other one. This is why, I am applying for the Academic Certification, as I believe the requirements are a bit less than the second one.

On the other hand, I found the forms, and online forms both a bit difficult to fill, but I still need to get this to be done, therefore, doing it in anyways.

According to CACB, the Academic Certification takes around 3 months after they get all the required documents.

mmalhoussian

Sep 6, 2017

"Provide your “Academic Certification” documentation from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB).

Or

Documentation from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) showing your acceptance into the Broadly Experienced Foreign Architect (BEFA) program including an invitation to apply to the self-assessment phase (2nd step)."

Therefore, I believe, you could get an academic certification document from CACB or get the other one. This is why, I am applying for the Academic Certification, as I believe the requirements are a bit less than the second one.

On the other hand, I found the forms, and online forms both a bit difficult to fill, but I still need to get this to be done, therefore, doing it in anyways.

According to CACB, the Academic Certification takes around 3 months after they get all the required documents.
Ok Got it, Thanks

Reactions: bunny2015

adnanhsiddiqui

May 31, 2015

Or

Hi, can u tell me the requirement of CIC. If a person has more than 400 CRS and receives ITA from FSWP pool, does he need to fulfill the same requirement?

Regards

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi, can u tell me the requirement of CIC. If a person has more than 400 CRS and receives ITA from FSWP pool, does he need to fulfill the same requirement?

Regards
The CACB requirements are for Architects only. Only if you apply for provincial nominations, you would require this certificate early. However, the time you reach Canada, and would want to work as an Architect, you would need to have a License, and thus, this certificate is the first step to process.

Therefore, if you do it early or later, you would require this to work as an Architect there in Canada. The required documents are very hard to get. Therefore, I suggest, you should at least collect all the documents from Universities and ask them to send directly to CACB before leaving from your country.

A Bold answer to you question is: You may not require this Certificate for CIC as they have not asked for it yet. :)

Reactions: adnanhsiddiqui

Anitajegan

Jan 30, 2018
Yes,
I believe the internship/working in Canada is a mandatory requirement.
Cacb assessment will not help I guess.
Wes eca assessment can help in any case?

Anitajegan

Jan 30, 2018
Yes,
I believe the internship/working in Canada is a mandatory requirement.
Cacb assessment will not help I guess.
Wes eca assessment can help in any case?

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
No, ECA would not help in any ways... I've received CACB certificate already, but there are possibilities to apply for BEFA too, but the requirements are for architects who have more experience and license in their own country... (Not in Canada)

Anitajegan

Jan 30, 2018
No, ECA would not help in any ways... I've received CACB certificate already, but there are possibilities to apply for BEFA too, but the requirements are for architects who have more experience and license in their own country... (Not in Canada)
Thanks for sharing!
I have 12 yrs of practise in India ofcourse with license. I had searched for cacb course calander for my university. It was not in cacb database for my study years ie 2000-2005 in Madras University.
How long does this process takes.
Please throw some light with your case!
Thanks in advance

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Thanks for sharing!
I have 12 yrs of practise in India ofcourse with license. I had searched for cacb course calander for my university. It was not in cacb database for my study years ie 2000-2005 in Madras University.
How long does this process takes.
Please throw some light with your case!
Thanks in advance
Well, it took almost 3 months to get the certificate.
I probably had a very less experience, so I had to go with CACB Certificate only. In that group there are applicants who also applied for BEFA. On the other hand, with my case, CACB only has course calendar in their database, if there is anyone who applied from your batch. In my case, CACB had my course calendar for Bachelor degree but not for masters.

Reactions: taaran.s

ar123

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
do we need a cacb certification must or can we use the WES certifications to be able to get a job after getting immigration to canada