+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
1. List the address that she worked at in the form. Additionally, it can't hurt if you add a separate page mentioning that the company now can be reached at a new address.

2. Do what you find the most reasonable. For the reference the most important thing is that it's a person that can, with some authority, confirm her claim that she worked there. So anyone she reported to and remembers her name is a good choice. I would say manager from Y is a good choice. Again, if you want to avoid confusion over X and Y, simply add a short (!) explanation on a separate sheet.
Thank you Spyfy. you are right in saying that it never hurts to add a short explanation. I will add extra sheet to explain the scenario.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
@spyfy I wanna ask 2 quick questions

Question 10(a) I took couple vacation to 2 different countries during my eligibility period. The total vaction time spend outside canada is less than 180 days.
Do I have have to include all addresses I lived during my vacation ?

Question 10 (b) I have lived in only 2 countries since birth. i.e. country of my current citizenship by birth and Canada. I landed to Canada as PR 3 yrs ago. Now, that I'm eligible to apply for citizenship do I need to submit PCC for the time I lived in my home country. As it asks about 4 years preceding the date of application.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy I wanna ask 2 quick questions

Question 10(a) I took couple vacation to 2 different countries during my eligibility period. The total vaction time spend outside canada is less than 180 days.
Do I have have to include all addresses I lived during my vacation ?

Question 10 (b) I have lived in only 2 countries since birth. i.e. country of my current citizenship by birth and Canada. I landed to Canada as PR 3 yrs ago. Now, that I'm eligible to apply for citizenship do I need to submit PCC for the time I lived in my home country. As it asks about 4 years preceding the date of application.
10(a) Vacation addresses are not to be listed there. Even while on vacation, you were still residing at your home in Canada.
List the vacation in the online calculator, of course.

10(b) Yes, it is irrelevant that those 183 days were before becoming a PR. As long as you were in that country for more than 183 days in the last four years, you must provide a PCC.

Reactions: rinkupatel.dmj

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
10(a) Vacation addresses are not to be listed there. Even while on vacation, you were still residing at your home in Canada.
List the vacation in the online calculator, of course.

10(b) Yes, it is irrelevant that those 183 days were before becoming a PR. As long as you were in that country for more than 183 days in the last four years, you must provide a PCC.
Thank @spyfy u r the best as always ....

Ally81

Jul 2, 2014
Hi SPYFY and all experienced fellows

I am not sure if this one is posted somewhere. Call it either my ignorance and/or a big error on my part as I am already eligible for citizenship since Oct 2017 but unfortunately didn't applied and thought to do it now. While applying I noticed that my infant son's landing paper and PR card had wrong place of birth. We Landed in 2014. Is there a way that we as family apply along with son having wrong documents. At the same time apply for his change in landing papers (which is effectively a new application for "Request to amend a record of landing (IMM1000)" which takes 6 months to process and later apply for PR card changes which is a new PR application due to time gap after our receipt of PR card. Processing time for new PR application is 80 days (effectively total time will be 9 months for all these changes).

Is there any other quick method which any one is aware of?

For the same son, there is also no stamp on his landing papers but there is signature by immigration officer.

I will be extremely grateful for a quick reply on this. (My apologies for a long writeup)

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018
We habe been invited to take the citizenship test but whole gsyhering travel documents i realised an error i made in application. It asks if there is a gap in passport renewal and i ticked 'no' but i realised today there is a 3 month gap. Please advise... will this cause a negative impact?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
We habe been invited to take the citizenship test but whole gsyhering travel documents i realised an error i made in application. It asks if there is a gap in passport renewal and i ticked 'no' but i realised today there is a 3 month gap. Please advise... will this cause a negative impact?
If you'd like, you can use the webform to inform them of the mistake. I'm assuming your test is not anytime soon. Also, make a copy of the request and take it with you to the test. Atleast they won't feel like you tried to hide it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Jan 15, 2018
Well then, IMO, just mention it as the first thing during your interview. I would tell them that you discovered the mistake while preparing the documents, and the reason why there is a gap in renewal. Good luck
This is what i am thinking however how big of a deal is it???
My application in terms of time and travel is perfect just this human error glitch is bothering me. What are the consequences :(

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My application in terms of time and travel is perfect just this human error glitch is bothering me. What are the consequences :(
Don't worry. Should be fine. Just make sure to tell them instead of them finding it out themselves during the interview.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you, I'd do the web form right away and inform them tomorrow as well during interview.