10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
hi spyfy, what about my case. i spent 6 months of my maternity leave in my home country. i literally would say it was a vacation but considering it was a long period of time. does this get written as living outside of canada?
Yes it would. A long period of time, in your case 6 months will be considered living outside Canada.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Hi There:
Hope you can guide me on this. Thanks in advance.
I landed in April 2013. And while in Canada, I was engaged with a company in the Middle East as a full-time employee. They did not terminate my contract and instead, offered me to continue working with them until July 2014, when I decided to work locally and have some Canadian experience.
Question: From April 2013 to July 2015, will that be considered as Self-Employed? If yes, what would the relevant supporting documents required for submission.
Thank-you
Were you working as a full time employee for the company in Middle East or on a contract basis and you had your own incorporated company? If it was the later, then you should indicate Self Employed, otherwise Employed. Details of self employment will be proof of incorporation if you did, pay slips received by you or your company, expenses etc.

R425

Mar 11, 2013
Were you working as a full time employee for the company in Middle East or on a contract basis and you had your own incorporated company? If it was the later, then you should indicate Self Employed, otherwise Employed. Details of self employment will be proof of incorporation if you did, pay slips received by you or your company, expenses etc.
Thanks
Thanks Maniac2403.
I was working as a full-time employee only. So, i guess "employed/ permanent" would be fine. That way, I don't need to submit additional documents.
Thanks. God bless

persavon

Oct 18, 2017
Hi @spyfy

9.b) I had a temporary worker status before becoming PR. "Date my status was obtained" is the date I entered Canada the first time and obtained the Work Permit or date the visa was issued. I believe the first one, but just to confirm.

13. I had immigration status in other countries (temporary worker). The dates from, to should be the ones I entered/left the countries (the period I lived and worked in those countries) or the dates of the visas (issue, expire)? For example the visa says valid from 2009-01 until 2009-09, but the period I lived and worked was shorter: from 2009-02 until 2009-08.

Thanks!

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi @spyfy

9.b) I had a temporary worker status before becoming PR. "Date my status was obtained" is the date I entered Canada the first time and obtained the Work Permit or date the visa was issued. I believe the first one, but just to confirm.

13. I had immigration status in other countries (temporary worker). The dates from, to should be the ones I entered/left the countries (the period I lived and worked in those countries) or the dates of the visas (issue, expire)? For example the visa says valid from 2009-01 until 2009-09, but the period I lived and worked was shorter: from 2009-02 until 2009-08.

Thanks!
9b you obtain your status the moment you enter Canada at a designated border crossing (land border to US or airport). The visa issued to you beforehand allows you to travel to Canada, but you are not a temporary worker until you actually activated the work permit. Note that some nationals don't even get a visa to work in Canada (since they are from visa-free countries), so these people are not even issued a document in their passport before entering Canada (at which point they get a printed and stamped work permit). So yeah, the border crossing date is the relevant one. This is also important since every day in the periods you list under 9b count as half-days of presence (provided they are in the last five years and provided you don't list absences in the residency calculator).

13. Normally other countries handle it similar to Canada: The day you left that country for good, the status expired. But I have to admit I am unsure about this, maybe someone else can chime in.

c_gonzalez

Dec 28, 2017
Hi spyfy,
Thanks for this thread.
Question about the police certificate. My case is that I lived in my home country during the eligibility period, before landing and becoming a PR. I've already submitted police certificate when I applied for the PR. Shall I submitted again? May I send an explanation letter mentioning that a police certificate was already issued for that period of time and submitted on the PR application?
Regards

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi spyfy,
Thanks for this thread.
Question about the police certificate. My case is that I lived in my home country during the eligibility period, before landing and becoming a PR. I've already submitted police certificate when I applied for the PR. Shall I submitted again? May I send an explanation letter mentioning that a police certificate was already issued for that period of time and submitted on the PR application?
Regards
What about the time between getting PCC and getting PR ?

The answer you seek is in the comments on this tweet:
https://twitter.com/PatrikBC/status/918669785382109184

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Oct applicants should wait for 12 weeks before acting otherwise.
IRCC received 17,500 applications within the few weeks of the new 3/5 rules
from Oct 11.This number excludes Nov.,applications.
Good luck to you all.

ttknil

Dec 28, 2017
You did the right thing. Say you live in Mississauga and Work in Toronto.

Question 10 is for residential addresses. Even if you went on vacation for two weeks in Costa Rica, your residential address was still in Mississauga.

Question 11 is about your places of work, study or unemployment. Even if you are on vacation for two weeks, your place of work is still that office in Toronto.

Vacations are only relevant for physical presence calculation. And as you say you listed it there.

This is exactly how vacations are supposed to be entered into the forms. All good. :)
I need some pieces of advice regarding the following questions
1.After landing as PR, I went back to my home country for 4 months and 20 days for a vacation after two yrs and 1 month.
2. after coming back, stayed in Canada for 12 months and again went back for almost 5 months and 28 days in the back home.
3. after staying 38 days in Canada again need to go home country for 2 months and 8 days
4. after staying 28 days in Canada again need to go home country for 3 months and 8 days
my first question is for question 10
Q 1. what will be my address while I was in my back home?
(only during my first vacation, my family is with me for the vacation. Rest of the time my family is in Canada. my family has address which is my address as well)
should I use my back home address?
during my back home I was unemployed as well as some months in Canada
in Q 11
what will my address during my unemployment?
my last question:
should I apply alone or with my family members?
(as some people says better to apply for citizenship alone as my case might take longer time and my wife and children should apply separately as they live here almost continuously and their case will be faster)
thank you very much for your kind advice and reply.

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I need some pieces of advice regarding the following questions
1.After landing as PR, I went back to my home country for 4 months and 20 days for a vacation after two yrs and 1 month.
2. after coming back, stayed in Canada for 12 months and again went back for almost 5 months and 28 days in the back home.
3. after staying 38 days in Canada again need to go home country for 2 months and 8 days
4. after staying 28 days in Canada again need to go home country for 3 months and 8 days
my first question is for question 10
Q 1. what will be my address while I was in my back home?
(only during my first vacation, my family is with me for the vacation. Rest of the time my family is in Canada. my family has address which is my address as well)
should I use my back home address?
during my back home I was unemployed as well as some months in Canada
in Q 11
what will my address during my unemployment?
my last question:
should I apply alone or with my family members?
(as some people says better to apply for citizenship alone as my case might take longer time and my wife and children should apply separately as they live here almost continuously and their case will be faster)
thank you very much for your kind advice and reply.
You are seeming to assume that there are some particular day/week thresholds when to list something as your address of residence. There is no such threshold. A two week internship in Lonon means you resided in London, a three week vacation in London does not mean you resided in London.

Do what you find the most plausible. Personally, it is not plausible to me to call a stay of several months in your country of origin a "vacation". I would say you were residing there. My judgment, however, shouldn't be the one that matters. Your own judgment matters. Most importantly, don't be too obsessed with categories or labels. Instead make sure that your application draws a consistent overview over where you were over the last five years and what you did. Then list all addresses at which you were residing with the appropriate days. Simply ask yourself the honest question if you were residing there or not.

Your address during unemployment is the address you are living at. That question has been answered many times already.

Regarding applying alone or together: Abandon the thought of trying to game it (will it be faster if we apply together or not). You will hear about fifty contradicting opinions in this forum. The biggest problem of this forum is that it brings some really pointless ideas to your attention. Don't try to predict that kind of stuff. No one on this forum can, either. Simply apply together or separate based on ACTUAL questions that are in YOUR contol (e.g. can you afford it right now, will one of the applicants need a long time to produce a particular document that is required for the application, holding up everyone else, ...).

Reactions: dpenabill

ttknil

Dec 28, 2017
You are seeming to assume that there are some particular day/week thresholds when to list something as your address of residence. There is no such threshold. A two week internship in Lonon means you resided in London, a three week vacation in London does not mean you resided in London.

Do what you find the most plausible. Personally, it is not plausible to me to call a stay of several months in your country of origin a "vacation". I would say you were residing there. My judgment, however, shouldn't be the one that matters. Your own judgment matters. Most importantly, don't be too obsessed with categories or labels. Instead make sure that your application draws a consistent overview over where you were over the last five years and what you did. Then list all addresses at which you were residing with the appropriate days. Simply ask yourself the honest question if you were residing there or not.

Your address during unemployment is the address you are living at. That question has been answered many times already.

Regarding applying alone or together: Abandon the thought of trying to game it (will it be faster if we apply together or not). You will hear about fifty contradicting opinions in this forum. The biggest problem of this forum is that it brings some really pointless ideas to your attention. Don't try to predict that kind of stuff. No one on this forum can, either. Simply apply together or separate based on ACTUAL questions that are in YOUR contol (e.g. can you afford it right now, will one of the applicants need a long time to produce a particular document that is required for the application, holding up everyone else, ...).
Thank you very much.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
For those that submitted Oct 11, 2017 to Oct 31,2017 with no AOR, Please call IRCC from Jan 11-31, 2018
or raise CSE about your submitted application.
Wishing you happy new year and good luck in your endeavors.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
What time can I call IRCC agents without long waiting time or no waiting time.
If you are in the following Provinces:
Alberta,NWT call at 5am
Manitoba and Saskatchewan call at 6am
BC,Yukon call at 4am
Halifax,PEI, & New Brunswick call at 8am
Ontario,Quebec Call at 7am
NewFoundland call at 8:30am

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hi,

I'm helping my wife in filling CIT002E form and have couple of questions related to employment history section 11.

1. My wife used to work for a company which is now not at the same address it used to be and moved its location to a different place after she left. What address should she mention? One where she used to work (old address) or whatever company's current address is?

2. She was on payroll of a consultancy let's say X but used to work in a different company say Y as a contractor and used to report to manager in Y. Can she mention name of employer as X and give reference of her manager from Y or what should be the right way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi,

I'm helping my wife in filling CIT002E form and have couple of questions related to employment history section 11.

1. My wife used to work for a company which is now not at the same address it used to be and moved its location to a different place after she left. What address should she mention? One where she used to work (old address) or whatever company's current address is?

2. She was on payroll of a consultancy let's say X but used to work in a different company say Y as a contractor and used to report to manager in Y. Can she mention name of employer as X and give reference of her manager from Y or what should be the right way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
1. List the address that she worked at in the form. Additionally, it can't hurt if you add a separate page mentioning that the company now can be reached at a new address.

2. Do what you find the most reasonable. For the reference the most important thing is that it's a person that can, with some authority, confirm her claim that she worked there. So anyone she reported to and remembers her name is a good choice. I would say manager from Y is a good choice. Again, if you want to avoid confusion over X and Y, simply add a short (!) explanation on a separate sheet.

Reactions: KK82