Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hi Spyfy

I have a question on 9C. In a case, if I came to Canada three years back from my HOME country and didn't go outside Canada in the last three years....do I still need to answer "yes" and provide police clearance certificate?

Thanks for your reply.
SHSajib

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Spyfy

I have a question on 9C. In a case, if I came to Canada three years back from my HOME country and didn't go outside Canada in the last three years....do I still need to answer "yes" and provide police clearance certificate?

Thanks for your reply.
SHSajib
Question 9c has nothing to do with the police certificate.

I think you are referring to question 10b. For that question, you must tick yes. You have lived outside Canada for more than 183 days in the last four years. It doesn't matter that these days were before you became a PR. You will need to provide a police certificate from your home country.

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Question 9c has nothing to do with the police certificate.

I think you are referring to question 10b. For that question, you must tick yes. You have lived outside Canada for more than 183 days in the last four years. It doesn't matter that these days were before you became a PR. You will need to provide a police certificate from your home country.
Thanks so much

Mrvi

Jan 16, 2018
Question no:12b I marked yes at taxes filed for 5 years.Should I mention that required to file or not?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi how do file Q12b please help...
Can you help citizenship applications Q12b please...
Question no:12b I marked yes at taxes filed for 5 years.Should I mention that required to file or not?
Am I need to mention "no" at required file?i don't mention that..is it mistake?
No one can advise you about how to answer particular questions in the application. How to answer depends on YOUR particular facts and circumstances and YOUR best understanding of what is asked and how your facts apply to the question asked.

Moreover, there are a total of TEN responses required for Item 12.b Two responses for each of the relevant five tax years. How you respond depends on the facts for each respective tax year.

As others have said, and as I have suggested elsewhere, it is very likely OK to check "yes" required to file for any year the applicant did in fact file a return and checks "yes" filed. But it is probably OK if the applicant checked "no" not required to file. As long as the applicant checks "yes" filed for a year, and the applicant did in fact file a return for that year, that means the applicant complied with tax filing obligations for that year.

That is, it does not matter if the applicant was required to file or not SO LONG AS the applicant did file . . . and for such a year it should not matter whether the applicant checks yes or no regarding "required to file."

THUS . . .

If you have already sent in the application:

You report you "marked yes at taxes filed for 5 years," and ask whether it is a mistake to answer "no" for required to file, as if you already did this and sent off the application. If so DO NOT WORRY. It is OK. For every year you checked "yes" you did file a return (and in fact did file a return) that counts as a year in compliance with the tax filing obligations, whether you were required to file or not file. So whether you checked "no" or "yes" as to 'required to file' for those years does NOT matter, not much anyway (best to be accurate but again as long as you marked "yes" filed and you did in fact file, how you answer the 'required to file' part is of very little import).

If you are preparing to send in the application:

If you are preparing to send in the application, the five relevant tax years are:
Again, the applicant needs to respond for each individual year.

I am guessing it is very unlikely that you have filed a tax return yet for 2017. So if you are signing the application before you file a 2017 tax return, for the YEAR 2017 you need to check "no" did not file.

Assuming you did file a return for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, you can check "yes" filed for each of those years. If you filed a return, it should be OK to check "yes" required to file for those years. But if you think you did not need to file and you check "no" not required to file, that too should be OK.​

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I printed out my forms and documents a few days ago and put them in a plastic cover. Today, I noticed that the papers look a little bit folded although I have not folded them and I believe it happened during transportation! Do you think this can cause my application to be returned if I send my forms in this format?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Guys, I printed out my forms and documents a few days ago and put them in a plastic cover. Today, I noticed that the papers look a little bit folded although I have not folded them and I believe it happened during transportation! Do you think this can cause my application to be returned if I send my forms in this format?
As long as they are clearly legible and everything, no need to worry. If your page is completely crumpled, you might want to reprint :)

Reactions: zorroo

kings11

Jan 23, 2018
Hello, I have a question
I am filling up the citizenship application for my dad, he visits India every year for about 5 months but always less than 6 months. He occasionally works while he is in Canada, has filed for taxes every year.

Do I need to provide the details of his visits and his address in India for questions 10a and 11?

I am a bit confused

please advise

Thanks

Last edited:

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have a question
I am filling up the citizenship application for my dad, he visits India every year for about 5 months but always less than 6 months. He occasionally works while he is in Canada, has filed for taxes every year.

Do I need to provide the details of his visits and his address in India for questions 10a and 11?

I am a bit confused

please advise

Thanks
My father was in similar situation and used to visit India for 3-4 months every year. This is what we did in the citizenship application, after carefully reviewing every word of these questions:

10a - We listed Canadian address only. The reason is that even though my father visited India for 4 months, he was living permanently in Canada. All absences of 3-4 months of vacation were listed in Residence calculator.

11 - This is tricky question due to column 5 question "Where were you physically located....." For 3-4 months in a year, my father was physically located in India. So, we put the entry for these 3-4 months for India with India address and mentioned that visited India for so many days. I would not include an entry for vacation if someone is leaving Canada in a particular month and returns next month, meaning at least some days in a particular month someone is physically located in Canada.

pak44/f

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
PAK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Nomination.....
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
AOR(CIO) 24-05-2012
IELTS Request
18-07-12
File Transfer...
18-07-12
Med's Request
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-11-2012 additional form& ppc 05-03-2013 recived
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
PPR 1 05/04/2013 PPR2 07/05/2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
23-06-213
Question #16
(A)i have read the situation that prevent a person from becoming a canadian citizen and declare that none of these situations apply to me
( B )i have read the situation that prevent a person from becoming a canadian citizen and declare that one or more of the situations apply to me

I m not involved any crimes
Which