+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
hi I submit my application on Nov 6,2017
delivered on Nov 8, 2017
Single
Physical presence 1200

But I received back my application today Dec 04.....returned due to photographs not being stamped and dated by the photographer.
Letter stated to re-submit app with the missing document (option 1) OR to option 2 to request for refund of fee

Question: Do I just need to get the photos stamped and dated then re-submit the letter package they sent me? And do I need to pay fee again?
your return is quite fast,just have stamped and dated your photos, and repack your doc and send it out ,no need to pay again.
Does it mean for those who s been waiting for more than a month have made a complete application and may not have their app returned,i hope so

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
your return is quite fast,just have stamped and dated your photos, and repack your doc and send it out ,no need to pay again.
Does it mean for those who s been waiting for more than a month have made a complete application and may not have their app returned,i hope so
Thanks.......it just might mean that those waiting application are ok

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
it s an assumption but i feel that the officers have a first check on the application as soon they are received and put it on the pile to be processed right after.
For those who fear of a possible loss,it might not.These applications contain many confidential infos including national insurance number.

persavon

Oct 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I see that some people managed to talk to CIC over the phone. I've been trying to reach them for 1 month now to ask them if they received my application (sent it 2 months ago and still doesn't appear on "Check the status of your application" link) and every time I get the machine: "Sorry we're unable to transfer you to an agent at this time...". I've made literally over 50 calls and not once could I get through. What is your secret? Are you using this number: 1-888-242-2100 (then options 40)?

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Hi Seniors,

1. For Q 11, I am helping my brother in the citizenship application but we are having trouble in Q 11. He is currently a PR and is studying since he landed. Now the problem is, he is a frequent flyer (outside canada) and have been visting his relatives (inside Canada) during his term breaks. We have filled half of his history in Q11 but now when we try to add more rows it doesn't go to the other page; instead whole table vanishes. (we are using the latest form and adobe software).

2. For Q11 again, are we required to mention each and every term break, short vacations etc in this question OR we can just enter one 4 years term in one row and say it as unemployed (this will not cover most of the addresses where he stayed during his breaks).

We would really appreciate your guidance. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Seniors,

1. For Q 11, I am helping my brother in the citizenship application but we are having trouble in Q 11. He is currently a PR and is studying since he landed. Now the problem is, he is a frequent flyer (outside canada) and have been visting his relatives (inside Canada) during his term breaks. We have filled half of his history in Q11 but now when we try to add more rows it doesn't go to the other page; instead whole table vanishes. (we are using the latest form and adobe software).

2. For Q11 again, are we required to mention each and every term break, short vacations etc in this question OR we can just enter one 4 years term in one row and say it as unemployed (this will not cover most of the addresses where he stayed during his breaks).

We would really appreciate your guidance. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
1. If the list doesn't work or is too long, attach a separate sheet with the list.

2. You are misunderstanding question 11. It doesn't matter if he we t out of country for some break. He also wasn't unemployed, he was a student. If he started studying on, say, Sep 1 2014 and has been a student ever since, this is the only entry he needs for the tine since sep 1 2014. It is irrelevant if he went on vacations during that time. The physical presence calculator covers those vacations. He only needs to list foreign addresses if he actually did something there. So for example if he studied abroad in a different country or worked in that country or... it is also irrelevant if he visited friends in other Canadian cities. Question 11 only wants to know: where did you work, where did you study, when were you actually unemployed..,

Please read the instruction guide carefully

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
1. If the list doesn't work or is too long, attach a separate sheet with the list.

2. You are misunderstanding question 11. It doesn't matter if he we t out of country for some break. He also wasn't unemployed, he was a student. If he started studying on, say, Sep 1 2014 and has been a student ever since, this is the only entry he needs for the tine since sep 1 2014. It is irrelevant if he went on vacations during that time. The physical presence calculator covers those vacations. He only needs to list foreign addresses if he actually did something there. So for example if he studied abroad in a different country or worked in that country or... it is also irrelevant if he visited friends in other Canadian cities. Question 11 only wants to know: where did you work, where did you study, when were you actually unemployed..,

Please read the instruction guide carefully
Thanks for the detailed answer. Really helpful

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Hi there. I have a question guys. I did declare 2 weeks in the physical calculator for holidays however in question 10 and 11 i didn’t mention those two weeks. Do you think i will have any problem? Let me know, thanks!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi there. I have a question guys. I did declare 2 weeks in the physical calculator for holidays however in question 10 and 11 i didn’t mention those two weeks. Do you think i will have any problem? Let me know, thanks!
You did the right thing. Say you live in Mississauga and Work in Toronto.

Question 10 is for residential addresses. Even if you went on vacation for two weeks in Costa Rica, your residential address was still in Mississauga.

Question 11 is about your places of work, study or unemployment. Even if you are on vacation for two weeks, your place of work is still that office in Toronto.

Vacations are only relevant for physical presence calculation. And as you say you listed it there.

This is exactly how vacations are supposed to be entered into the forms. All good. :)

Reactions: R425 and daviddock

R425

Mar 11, 2013
Hi There:
Hope you can guide me on this. Thanks in advance.
I landed in April 2013. And while in Canada, I was engaged with a company in the Middle East as a full-time employee. They did not terminate my contract and instead, offered me to continue working with them until July 2014, when I decided to work locally and have some Canadian experience.
Question: From April 2013 to July 2015, will that be considered as Self-Employed? If yes, what would the relevant supporting documents required for submission.
Thank-you

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - Did you fill up the questionnaire for residence outside Canada? I've like 60 trips abroad in last 3 years and I am excluding them from my eligibility. I imagine it's only if you're claiming time. Correct ?

kreanneyaz

Dec 14, 2017
Yup. I mean if you were just visiting family and stuff then you were not living outside Canada during those 25 days.
hi spyfy, what about my case. i spent 6 months of my maternity leave in my home country. i literally would say it was a vacation but considering it was a long period of time. does this get written as living outside of canada?

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Guys - Did you fill up the questionnaire for residence outside Canada? I've like 60 trips abroad in last 3 years and I am excluding them from my eligibility. I imagine it's only if you're claiming time. Correct ?
Not quite, if your vacations fall in your eligibility period, you are to input them in the presence calculator.